2014 Crystal Ball (Huskerboard edition)

As much as I like this class, I think we really needed to add 1-2 more OL commits.

Crap, really forgot about them. Need at least one OT, I hope Gates. That would put us at 25.....what have you heard we'll take?

22-25 depending on who wants N. That's just what I've read.

We are at 18 now after Keels committed...

Still have good chance with:

Josh Keys

Danzel McDaniel

Brandon Powell

Kalen Ballage

Quinten Flowers

Darius Slade

Raymon Minor

And a good chance of losing Monte Harrison to MLB. So if we managed to get all these guys, which is unlikely, and lose Harrison that would put us at 24.

EDIT: Powell, Ballage and Flowers are the least likely.

Would we take Powell if we get Ballage? I'm not sure this is a three RB class. I'm not sure we can get above 24 unless we lose some more current players (just based on my own calculations) and 22-23 might be about it.

As much as I like this class, I think we really needed to add 1-2 more OL commits.

Yeah, I forgot to include OL in my list as well.

Considering the variety of positions we still seem to be recruiting hard, maybe we are looking for a couple more spots than I had previously thought. Just curious who else might be leaving the program.

We appear to still be looking at basically every position group:

QB - Flowers

RB - Ballage, Avery, Powell

WR - Johnson, Lauderdale

OL - Gates, Cooper

DL - Slade, Harris

LB - Minor

DB - Keys, McDaniel

Obviously we won't (can't) get them all but I'm curious what positions we'd target if we could get anyone.

Yeah, I forgot to include OL in my list as well.

Considering the variety of positions we still seem to be recruiting hard, maybe we are looking for a couple more spots than I had previously thought. Just curious who else might be leaving the program.

We appear to still be looking at basically every position group:

QB - Flowers

RB - Ballage, Avery, Powell

WR - Johnson, Lauderdale

OL - Gates, Cooper

DL - Slade, Harris

LB - Minor

DB - Keys, McDaniel

Obviously we won't (can't) get them all but I'm curious what positions we'd target if we could get anyone.

Can take off Lauderdale...we didn't make his top 3.

EDIT: You got it covered

Josh Keys

Danzel McDaniel

Brandon Powell

Kalen Ballage

Quinten Flowers

Darius Slade

Raymon Minor

And a good chance of losing Monte Harrison to MLB. So if we managed to get all these guys, which is unlikely, and lose Harrison that would put us at 24.

Would we take Powell if we get Ballage? I'm not sure this is a three RB class. I'm not sure we can get above 24 unless we lose some more current players (just based on my own calculations) and 22-23 might be about it.

I'm not sure, but it sounds like Powell is a lot closer to a decision then Ballage. So not sure if Powell commits we will be able to tell Ballage no....but I doubt if one commits that the other will still be real interested.

I'm not sure, but it sounds like Powell is a lot closer to a decision then Ballage. So not sure if Powell commits we will be able to tell Ballage no....but I doubt if one commits that the other will still be real interested.

Apparently I was reading too fast and didn't catch that you said they were "least" likely.

Josh Keys

Danzel McDaniel

Brandon Powell

Kalen Ballage

Quinten Flowers

Darius Slade

Raymon Minor

Would we take Powell if we get Ballage?  I'm not sure this is a three RB class.  I'm not sure we can get above 24 unless we lose some more current players (just based on my own calculations) and 22-23 might be about it.

If we get Powell or Avery first, we drop the other. However, the door should stay open for Ballage regardless. Dude could be huge.

• 4 weeks later...

Well now that the bowl game is over it's time to focus in on recruiting.

Who I feel we get (as of right now):

Nick Gates OT

Denzel Ward OT

Glenn Irons WR

Really not too confident in any others that we know of right now. What do you guys think?

what about the kid from NY?? with pretty much no offers?? Taurus something

Well now that the bowl game is over it's time to focus in on recruiting.

Who I feel we get (as of right now):

Nick Gates OT

Denzel Ward OT

Glenn Irons WR

Really not too confident in any others that we know of right now. What do you guys think?

what about the kid from NY?? with pretty much no offers?? Taurus something

Taurus Phillips I believe. I couldn't remember if we offered him or not yet. I would expect we would have a really good shot if we do decide to offer him.