What country do your favorite musicians come from?

First off, I didn't forget any of the bands you mentioned. I just chose not to list them, except for Cream, I did in fact mention them in my post.

Secondly, there's no way in hell that the bands you listed can hold a candle to the bands of the British Invasion.

Seriously, just list off your Top 5 favorite American bands and I'll list off 5 British bands that are better. (Obviously music choice is an opinion, but I'm speaking more in terms of cultural significance, success, what they did for music, etc.)

One guy beats the entire British Invasion

The left handed genius, Jimi Hendrix... (my fault entirely for omitting him from my list, he should be at the top)

The funny thing about Hendrix is that he first made it in England. He never got a chance to show what he could do until a member of the Animals I believe heard him playing in some club in New York and talked him into going to London.

Nice call on that, and one of Jimi's favorite guitar players was Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top...

I thought Jimi's favourite Guitarist was Terry Kath from Chicago Transit Authority.

But I can see how he would like Billy Gibbons too...I sometimes consider Hendrix more British after that bass player from the Animals (Chas Chandler) talked him into relocating and became his manager. Before that, he was playing backup for Little Richard and being royally stifled.

It amazes me how certain cities dominated certain decades..Liverpool...Memphis...Chicago...Nawlins..Austin... Seattle...

But what really surprises me is the mention of bands like AC/DC or CCR but no mention of the Beach Boys who were in direct competition with the Beatles back in the day...and making each other better through that competition.

I can't remember the last good band to come from Great Brittain...Oasis? Dire Straits? That fat girl? (I can't think of her name but she seemed to clean up at the last awards show).

First off, I didn't forget any of the bands you mentioned. I just chose not to list them, except for Cream, I did in fact mention them in my post.

Secondly, there's no way in hell that the bands you listed can hold a candle to the bands of the British Invasion.

Seriously, just list off your Top 5 favorite American bands and I'll list off 5 British bands that are better. (Obviously music choice is an opinion, but I'm speaking more in terms of cultural significance, success, what they did for music, etc.)

One guy beats the entire British Invasion

The left handed genius, Jimi Hendrix... (my fault entirely for omitting him from my list, he should be at the top)

The funny thing about Hendrix is that he first made it in England. He never got a chance to show what he could do until a member of the Animals I believe heard him playing in some club in New York and talked him into going to London.

Nice call on that, and one of Jimi's favorite guitar players was Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top...

I thought Jimi's favourite Guitarist was Terry Kath from Chicago Transit Authority.

But I can see how he would like Billy Gibbons too...I sometimes consider Hendrix more British after that bass player from the Animals (Chas Chandler) talked him into relocating and became his manager. Before that, he was playing backup for Little Richard and being royally stifled.

It amazes me how certain cities dominated certain decades..Liverpool...Memphis...Chicago...Nawlins..Austin... Seattle...

But what really surprises me is the mention of bands like AC/DC or CCR but no mention of the Beach Boys who were in direct competition with the Beatles back in the day...and making each other better through that competition.

I can't remember the last good band to come from Great Brittain...

Police?...Oasis? Dire Straits? That fat girl? (I can't think of her name but she seemed to clean up at the last awards show).

Adele

A 6'5" Blonde former Co-worker/UNL Volleyball player surprised me one night after the first time we hit the bars by coming out of her bathroom totally naked and asked if I wanted to join her in the shower..

The next morning she gave me her extra LP of Seger's "Silver Bullet".

..I still haven't played either one.

A 6'5" Blonde former Co-worker/UNL Volleyball player surprised me one night after the first time we hit the bars by coming out of her bathroom totally naked and asked if I wanted to join her in the shower..

0eSwd.gif

0eSwd.gif

Quit calling her Shirley