Nebraska Football goes through the Program

This is all well and good, but if the players don't buy into whatever the coaches are doing, none of it matters. 1620TheZone had some really troubling segments about the defense the other day, guys clearly not on the same page as the coaching staff, stuff like that. You see some of these blowout losses and statistical disasters and then you hear that kind of thing from former players who know what it takes in the locker room and you think we may not be as close as we'd like to having a championship team.

Here's a link to the segment I'm talking about. The really troubling stuff starts at 12:40 (with a nod to HuskerMax for finding this).

LINK

• Fire 1
  • 2 weeks later...

This is all well and good, but if the players don't buy into whatever the coaches are doing, none of it matters. 1620TheZone had some really troubling segments about the defense the other day, guys clearly not on the same page as the coaching staff, stuff like that. You see some of these blowout losses and statistical disasters and then you hear that kind of thing from former players who know what it takes in the locker room and you think we may not be as close as we'd like to having a championship team.

Here's a link to the segment I'm talking about. The really troubling stuff starts at 12:40 (with a nod to HuskerMax for finding this).

LINK

So basically they're saying PJ Smith didn't even bother learning the names of his teammates? I wonder how common that is on this team.

LINK

Well maybe that and these quotes are connected:

Mike'l Severe@MikelSevere

Steve Greenberg says that Taylor Martinez & Ciante Evans told him that there were NU players over the last few years not committed enough.

Con't Greenberg via Taylor Martinez, says the lack of commitment by some of the players hurt the team late in the year.

Greenberg says that Ciante Evans said that only having 3 starters back on defense is not necessarily a bad thing for this team.

I'll have to listen to the 1620 The Zone clip later. My question is this - is the player, the coach or both at fault? As a follow up, how is a situation like that remedied?

If it's just a few players, I say it's on the players. But I see where it could be a bit of the coach's fault. Why are they on the field? But that stems to Bo sayin publicly he regretted redshirted some guys. I just hope the names of such dont come out where this turns into a he said/he said line of bs excuses and we start trying to figure out what happened at the end of last season instead of preparing for this season.