A different tone here on HB...

My thoughts on the OP's videos: 1. It is a shame the Bell hit, and the Martinez run are tainted because our defense turned into 12 year old girls for the 2012 B1G Championship game...... 2. Watching any highlights from the Texas A&M game makes me sick. We were screwed, and that game felt like it was the hump that this program needed to get over. It felt like the program was really on the brink at that point....

Same here with the A&M. We had no chance in that game playing the refs. Didn't we get like 12 penalties in that game. That sucked for sure.

We probably averaged 12 penalties a game that year. All calls against us were valid except one. If you want to complain about the lack of holding on A&M, then you have a point. It's not like we made it too hard for the refs to screw us.

That's pretty much the point bean. When one team has 16 penalties and the other only has 2(?), it's pretty obvious it was biased officiating.

My thoughts on the OP's videos: 1. It is a shame the Bell hit, and the Martinez run are tainted because our defense turned into 12 year old girls for the 2012 B1G Championship game...... 2. Watching any highlights from the Texas A&M game makes me sick. We were screwed, and that game felt like it was the hump that this program needed to get over. It felt like the program was really on the brink at that point....

Same here with the A&M. We had no chance in that game playing the refs. Didn't we get like 12 penalties in that game. That sucked for sure.

We probably averaged 12 penalties a game that year. All calls against us were valid except one. If you want to complain about the lack of holding on A&M, then you have a point. It's not like we made it too hard for the refs to screw us.

That's pretty much the point bean. When one team has 16 penalties and the other only has 2(?), it's pretty obvious it was biased officiating.

Think it was like 18-2 when you include the flags that got refused. ATM was heavily penalized before that game, funny how they were suddenly so clean.

We had problems with this crew even before that season. It was no coincidence we got stuck with those crooked bastards repeatedly. In their last chance to mess with us and in their own back yard that crew was out to screw us hard.

I love hard hits and heads up defense.

What I don't like is when players lay out another player, then pound their chest in anticipation of making the highlight reel, as if that will make up for getting burned the rest of the game.

Sometimes they forget they just gave up a first down. It's all about the hit and the highlight reel.

I do recommend every Husker defensive player review clips from back when the Husker D was routinely feared. It looks like a lot more fun than what they've been doing recently.

Huh? Did you watch that game..... There was a bunch of questionable calls in that game and a bunch of times the refs held on to a flag when they should have toss it, not just on holding.. One of the ones was the late hit on the aTm QB ( can't remember which DB it was called on). That was complete BS. I'm not going to relive the game in this post, but there are a bunch of examples of how that game was obviously called one side. I had two friends who were on aTm's roster (as walk-ons, they didn't play) whom admitted that they would have been pissed had they been on the other sideline. Obviously NU could have done some things differently to protect themselves from so many penalties, but to seriously make it seem like we were "THAT" undisciplined compared to the other team was downright ignorant. Not saying there was a conspiracy between NU and Big XII, but it wasn't like everyone was happy about NU's moving to the B1G the following season. And it was that way from the opening kick off vs KSU. Not to mention we had the only player to be suspended for a hit (block) that didn't even warrant a flag in the game. (Eric Martin on special teams vs Okie Lite)

• Fire 1

Think it was like 18-2 when you include the flags that got refused. ATM was heavily penalized before that game, funny how they were suddenly so clean.

We had problems with this crew even before that season. It was no coincidence we got stuck with those crooked bastards repeatedly. In their last chance to mess with us and in their own back yard that crew was out to screw us hard.

I believe it was the exact same crew that officiated the CCG game the previous year who granted Texas the .01

I believe it was the exact same crew that officiated the CCG game the previous year who granted Texas the .01

It was also the same crew who officiated the Texas game that year, and the ISU game, where all 3 we had an abnormal amount of penalties, while our opponent had far below average.

It was also the same crew who officiated the Texas game that year, and the ISU game, where all 3 we had an abnormal amount of penalties, while our opponent had far below average.

I knew a few of them officiated the ISU game, but wasn't sure if it was the whole crew......had no idea they were the crew for the Texas game that year also....... Wow. Big XII gave us an expensive going away present....And the B1G through a nice welcoming party.

I knew a few of them officiated the ISU game, but wasn't sure if it was the whole crew......had no idea they were the crew for the Texas game that year also....... Wow. Big XII gave us an expensive going away present....And the B1G through a nice welcoming party.

The toughest schedule of the conference is definitely a great welcoming party/gift. The Big 12... well I just choose not to remember the bad things, and embrace the good memories.