Whose 2012 season would you rather have?

Pick a season, any season  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If it wasn't for OSU and PSU being in the position they were in, Wisconsin would have ended their season 7-6 with no CCG or Rose Bowl appearance. NU earned everything they accomplished last season, regardless of the blowout losses.

Agreed! If the teams that finished above Wisky hadn't been prohibited from the title game, our season doesn't look as bad. We don't get waxed by a Wisky team that essentially had 4 weeks to put a little Nebraska stuff in every practice. Also, I like how we played OSU for a good portion of the game. And I think we beat PSU. I said it before the CCG, I don't know how you let Wisky even play in the game. There should be a rule that makes the next BiG team by record whether Legends or Leaders eligible for the game when sanctions take away multiple teams like that from one division. It was embarrassing that they even got in. And if we had beat them and went to the rose bowl, it would have been tainted just like Wiskys appearance in that game. I want accomplishments of substance. Earned, not defaulted to.

Guarantee the same guys saying they would take Wisconsin season, would be screaming for Bo to be fired if that was the case. There argument would be 6 losses is unacceptable, we got to the CCG on a technicality, a blowout win in the CCG wouldn't make up for a Rose Bowl loss, Bo can't win the big ones.

Personally, the way I see it, both seasons were failures. Nebraska's losses were embarrassing, and Wisconsin lost 6 and shouldn't have even been in the CCG.

I would be feeling better about my team right now as a Wisconsin fan, than I am as a Nebraska fan. Our season was 2 plays from being far worse than theirs...and we nose dived the second half including one of the worst games I've witnessed in my 20ish years as a fan. They lost a game they should have won at Nebraska, MSU by 3 points (we obviously struggled there), OSU by 8, Penn by 3, Stanford by 6. We were down more points after the first half against 2.0 than all their losses combined.

The Wisconsin 2012 season is what I am looking for Pelini to put up. There were no blowouts. They had some hard fought battles against top-tier teams they came up short in, had a championship, and top tier bowl game they played close to the end. Had OSU/Penn been out - they never would have had those opportunities, but they did and they capitalized on them. There were no 600 yard defensive breakdowns, no 40 point blowouts (unless you count the ones they doled out.

From a W/L perspective it didn't end as well as it could have. But that just goes to show you that this Nebraska team is just as close to being a 7 win team as they are an 11 win team...and the 9 win thing means little in college football.

You say this now, but had Bo finished the season with 7 wins this year and NU fans hoping Michigan and Northwestern are the only two teams in our division with better records due to their sanctions so that we can rematch a Wisconsin team who stole a game from us, you wouldn't be as comfortable with that post. No husker fan would.

We don't like how somethings went down over the course of the season, but a 6 game win streak after a blowout on the road to a team who eventually finishes their season undefeated is much better to accept than a 1-3 finish of the regular season with the win coming from one of the two worse teams in the conference. Blowout losses hurt. They hurt even more when historically you are the one giving them out, but they still only equate to one loss at a time. We still stepped off the field with more points than the opponent 10 times this season. There's no way can I see a season only winning 7 as a better season.

• Fire 1

If it wasn't for OSU and PSU being in the position they were in, Wisconsin would have ended their season 7-6 with no CCG or Rose Bowl appearance. NU earned everything they accomplished last season, regardless of the blowout losses.

Agreed! If the teams that finished above Wisky hadn't been prohibited from the title game, our season doesn't look as bad. We don't get waxed by a Wisky team that essentially had 4 weeks to put a little Nebraska stuff in every practice. Also, I like how we played OSU for a good portion of the game. And I think we beat PSU. I said it before the CCG, I don't know how you let Wisky even play in the game. There should be a rule that makes the next BiG team by record whether Legends or Leaders eligible for the game when sanctions take away multiple teams like that from one division. It was embarrassing that they even got in. And if we had beat them and went to the rose bowl, it would have been tainted just like Wiskys appearance in that game. I want accomplishments of substance. Earned, not defaulted to.

I COULDN'T AGREE MORE WITH THIS POST. ESPECIALLY THE LAST SENTENCE.

I'd rather win a lot of regular season game and sh#t the bed when it matters.

Nah, just kidding.

But in this case this is the tricky part to this discussion. In Wisconsin's case, had it not been for TWO teams in their own division being on NCAA sanctions, they would not have even been playing for "what matters".

Also, at least we as Husker fans know what we had and who we were. Had it not been for those sanctions on OSU and PSU, Wisconsin wouldve ended the season in 3rd place at 7-5, went a low tier bowl that they probably wouldve lost by not giving a damn and wound up in a very dissappointing 7-6, not knowing how good they really were despite the "close losses".

I'd rather win a lot of regular season game and sh#t the bed when it matters.

Nah, just kidding.

But in this case this is the tricky part to this discussion. In Wisconsin's case, had it not been for TWO teams in their own division being on NCAA sanctions, they would not have even been playing for "what matters".

Also, at least we as Husker fans know what we had and who we were. Had it not been for those sanctions on OSU and PSU, Wisconsin wouldve ended the season in 3rd place at 7-5, went a low tier bowl that they probably wouldve lost by not giving a damn and wound up in a very dissappointing 7-6, not knowing how good they really were despite the "close losses".

Yes, they had the benefit of making it to the CCG despite being the 3rd best team in their division. Just like we had the benefit of playing the 3rd best team in that division in the CCG.

One team took advantage of the situation they were given. One team shipped their pants.

• Fire 2

Guarantee the same guys saying they would take Wisconsin season, would be screaming for Bo to be fired if that was the case. There argument would be 6 losses is unacceptable, we got to the CCG on a technicality, a blowout win in the CCG wouldn't make up for a Rose Bowl loss, Bo can't win the big ones.

Personally, the way I see it, both seasons were failures. Nebraska's losses were embarrassing, and Wisconsin lost 6 and shouldn't have even been in the CCG.

This.

I can't believe so many people are voting for Wisconsin's season. We shouldn't be happy with the embarrasing nature of Nebraska's losses by any means, but Wisconsin's record doesn't even meet the minimum standard for most long-time Husker fans.

• Fire 1

Winning championships tends to trump whatever negative you can say about the regular season. How they got there is ultimately irrelevant. The point is they showed up when it mattered and won the conference.

It's better to be a 9-7 team that ends up winning the Super Bowl, than a 13-3 team that is 1-and-done in the playoffs.

Winning championships tends to trump whatever negative you can say about the regular season. How they got there is ultimately irrelevant. The point is they showed up when it mattered and won the conference.

It's better to be a 9-7 team that ends up winning the Super Bowl, than a 13-3 team that is 1-and-done in the playoffs.

True. Until of course it's our Huskers that sneak in with a 7-5 regular season record. Just be factual. You know that's how it would be. A back door conference title would not be enough to rescue Bo from a 7-5 regular season, regardless how they got there.

I don't see the big deal with Wisconsin making the championship on a technicality. As many here take a lot of pride in, running a clean program is a part of the deal. Wisconsin was the best team in the Leaders Division that had adhered to the rules. That's good enough for me.

• Fire 1

I don't see the big deal with Wisconsin making the championship on a technicality. As many here take a lot of pride in, running a clean program is a part of the deal. Wisconsin was the best team in the Leaders Division that had adhered to the rules. That's good enough for me.

Meh. cant say I disagree. Good point.

Good choices on this poll. Normally I'd go with 10-4, despite the two blow-out losses. But since we haven't been to the Rose Bowl in the B1G yet I voted to take the Cheese Tard's 8-6 season with the Rose Bowl appearance.

I would be feeling better about my team right now as a Wisconsin fan, than I am as a Nebraska fan. Our season was 2 plays from being far worse than theirs...and we nose dived the second half including one of the worst games I've witnessed in my 20ish years as a fan. They lost a game they should have won at Nebraska, MSU by 3 points (we obviously struggled there), OSU by 8, Penn by 3, Stanford by 6. We were down more points after the first half against 2.0 than all their losses combined.

The Wisconsin 2012 season is what I am looking for Pelini to put up. There were no blowouts. They had some hard fought battles against top-tier teams they came up short in, had a championship, and top tier bowl game they played close to the end. Had OSU/Penn been out - they never would have had those opportunities, but they did and they capitalized on them. There were no 600 yard defensive breakdowns, no 40 point blowouts (unless you count the ones they doled out.

From a W/L perspective it didn't end as well as it could have. But that just goes to show you that this Nebraska team is just as close to being a 7 win team as they are an 11 win team...and the 9 win thing means little in college football.

They finished 3rd in their division, you really would rather have that? Bama was two plays away from being a 3 loss team, so, basically every team in the nation can do the old "well if" game.