Whose 2012 season would you rather have?

Pick a season, any season  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is a great poll, and a very interesting question. To me though, there is no comparison. I would much rather have Nebraska's season and for these reasons.

One, Nebraska's six game win streak was fantastic. Even though I felt like some of those games were closer than they should have been due to our own stupid mistakes, those games were still a blast to watch. I'm just glad we came out on top. 10-4 is an excellent record and should garner some respect, though it doesn't get much from a lot of people.

Reason two, didn't Wisconsin back door their way into the game in the first place? Your telling me as Husker fans we would have had any pride in "back dooring" our way into a CC game? Hell nah, we want it outright, not squeezing in there due to someone else's failures as a program. Ohio State should have been there, not the Vadgers, but in my opinion, they are both failures. (stoking the fire, ready for football, calm down f'ers, just a little sh#t talking don't over react as you always do)

Three, the only reason anyone would consider Nebraska's season a failure and Wisconsin's season a success, is not because of WHO won that CC game, but because of the way in which it was won. Most logical Husker fans I know were really just happy to see us get to play another game. One more game for all the marbles, instead of waiting around for bowl season. Fact was though, we deserved to be there and realistically most of us thought we were going to win it. Instead, we got the ever loving sh#t kicked out of us.....but still, had we just competed and made a game of it, most fans wouldn't even debate that Nebraska had a far better season.

Besides, the worst day as a Husker are still better than even the greatest days as a Vadger. (and really, the Vadgers greatest days aren't exactly anything to brag about) They will carry on about this CC game forever as one of the greatest things they've ever done, while we keep our NC trophies polished and pretty.

Reason two, didn't Wisconsin back door their way into the game in the first place? Your telling me as Husker fans we would have had any pride in "back dooring" our way into a CC game? Hell nah, we want it outright, not squeezing in there due to someone else's failures as a program. Ohio State should have been there, not the Vadgers, but in my opinion, they are both failures. (stoking the fire, ready for football, calm down f'ers, just a little sh#t talking don't over react as you always do)

Right here is EXACTLY what I was thinking! There are a couple people who voted Wisconsin's way, when I have heard them say that they think we never deserved to play in the MNC in 2001, which I strongly agree with. Just imagine how it would have been if we would have been in that situation and won... "Yeah we won, but we were 4-4 in conference play, 8-6 all together, we should have never even been there. Do you really count this as an accomplishment?" Why one would say that we back doored our way into MNC in 2001, not take any credit for it, but would love for us to be in Wisconsin's place in 2012, with the 5th best record in the BIG?

I would much rather actually WIN our division, play in the CCG, because we deserve it, rather than it be handed to us.

What does it matter they "backdoored" into the game? That implies they didn't deserve to be there, which is poppycock. We played a team that "backdoored" into the game, and got clobbered (what does that say about us?). If we would have won the game, would the title not count because we played a team that "backdoored" into the game? Of course it would still count. They were the best team in their division that followed the rules, so they deserved to be there more than any other team in their division.

It's not like they were handed the trophy. They earned it by winning the championship game.

• Fire 2

they think we never deserved to play in the MNC in 2001, which I strongly agree with.

Do you honestly think anyone would be saying that if we beat Miami by 40 points?

Nope. It would've been that Nebraska DID deserve to be there and that the Colorado game was complete fluke. But it didnt happen that way. We got destroyed again. The Colorado game was NOT a fluke, and it had become pretty obvious that Nebraska was a paper tiger for the entirety of that season, and that the demise of Husker football had been set well into motion long before that 7-7 2002 season.

What does it matter they "backdoored" into the game? That implies they didn't deserve to be there, which is poppycock. We played a team that "backdoored" into the game, and got clobbered (what does that say about us?). If we would have won the game, would the title not count because we played a team that "backdoored" into the game? Of course it would still count. They were the best team in their division that followed the rules, so they deserved to be there more than any other team in their division.

It's not like they were handed the trophy. They earned it by winning the championship game.

So, do you honestly think they won their division? From my understanding, the CCG is suppose to be the top team from one division vs the top team from the other division. We were obviously top team, but where they? Hell they weren't even SECOND! Yes, they got there without much of a battle IMO. It must be nice not having to really try your last 2 games before the CCG because you know your going whether you win or lose. On the other hand, we had to FIGHT all the way to the end.

Do you honestly think anyone would be saying that if we beat Miami by 40 points?

Yes. We never won our division, while we also got our ass handed to us by Colorado. After that loss, I never thought we deserved to be there, whether we would have beat Miami or not.

Yes. We never won our division, while we also got our ass handed to us by Colorado. After that loss, I never thought we deserved to be there, whether we would have beat Miami or not.

If we had beaten Miami in 2001 everyone associated with college football, from media to fans, would be talking about how that championship should have an asterisk. They'd be saying it whenever that game was brought up.

If we had beaten Miami in 2001 everyone associated with college football, from media to fans, would be talking about how that championship should have an asterisk. They'd be saying it whenever that game was brought up.

Reminds me of a couple other National Titles we have won.

If Nebraska had beaten Miami in the Rose Bowl that night, we would all be tickled pink about it, but we fans would endure endless criticism from the rest of the world for not deserving to be there. I'm sure the trophy would be labeled as tainteed and would certianly not be held with the same regard as the others in the trophy case. It would probably be hard to brag about.

I'm sure Wisconsin absolutely loves the fact that they were able to win the CCG last year and that they will forever be the 2012 Big Ten champs. But they certainly know how they got there, and that doesn't mean it was an overall better season that Nebraska's; they just had a better ending.

Out of curiosity, I wonder how Ohio State and Penn State view Wisconsin's championship?

University of Alabama 2011

anyone say they need an asterisk?

University of Alabama 2011

anyone say they need an asterisk?

I was gonna say this exact thing. It's hard to compare that thought. They lost a game by a few missed field goals and then ended up beating that same team again anyway............oh wait. That's what Wisconsin did. n/m.

Right here is EXACTLY what I was thinking! There are a couple people who voted Wisconsin's way, when I have heard them say that they think we never deserved to play in the MNC in 2001, which I strongly agree with. Just imagine how it would have been if we would have been in that situation and won... "Yeah we won, but we were 4-4 in conference play, 8-6 all together, we should have never even been there. Do you really count this as an accomplishment?" Why one would say that we back doored our way into MNC in 2001, not take any credit for it, but would love for us to be in Wisconsin's place in 2012, with the 5th best record in the BIG?

I would much rather actually WIN our division, play in the CCG, because we deserve it, rather than it be handed to us.

Only difference is we didn't get there by "default". Yes we lost to CU for the conference championship but we were still a top 5 program going into the game. That situation could be compared to Bama getting to the title game a couple years ago to rematch the division rival who beat them on their home field keeping them from even playing in the CCG.

Only because we aren't in the SEC. Bama did it and it's almost never mentioned when discussing their current run.