NFL Rumors – Cincinnati Bengals Will Make Rex Burkhead Their Number One Running Back

http://sportige.com/nfl-rumors-cincinnati-bengals-rex-burkhead-number-1-running-back-05-2013/

NFL Rumors – Cincinnati Bengals Will Make Rex Burkhead Their Number One Running Back

And while Bernard, who ran for 1228 yards for the Tar Heels last season, averaging 6.7 yards per carry, initially looked like the more intriguing prospect, it’s been Rex Burkhead, who missed six games last season for Nebraska but averaged 6.9 yards per carry during his healthy time later in the season, that’s been the one Marvin Lewis has been talking about.

Just the quickness in line, the ability to stick his foot in the ground and go from Point A to Point B. Just the things you saw from him on tape. His abilities as a receiver. I think he’ll be a guy also who will really uplift us on special teams and compete to be one of our core guys.

no way he starts

Marvin Lewis seems to think otherwise.

This is what Marvin said.....love Rex but dont see him as an every down back...article said he is a looking like Leonards replacement. If he does start the Bengals are in trouble

"I think he’ll be a guy also who will really uplift us on special teams and compete to be one of our core guys."

i would really like to see Rex win the starting job.....but the Bengals have too much invested in Bernard to name rex the starter right off. Bernard will be given every chance to win the job or prove that he can't carry the load before rex can be named the starter. JMO

no way he starts

This is what Marvin said.....love Rex but dont see him as an every down back...article said he is a looking like Leonards replacement. If he does start the Bengals are in trouble

"I think he’ll be a guy also who will really uplift us on special teams and compete to be one of our core guys."

You're kidding, right? How could Rex possibly do any worse than any of the running backs they had last year? It's not exactly like they did all that well.

no way he starts

I was someone who stated that I didn't see Rex starting at all in the NFL, unless he landed somewhere where they had no depth or talent. Guess what? HE LANDED THERE!

You honestly don't think he can or will pass Green-Ellis? The guy averaged 3.9 YPG last year, and the Bengal's 2nd leading rusher was their QB, Andy Dalton. Rex landed exactly where he needed to land, in order to start his career off. Its obviously too early to name him as an official starter, but its pretty naive of you to to just blurt out that he has no chance, when he clearly does.

no way he starts

I was someone who stated that I didn't see Rex starting at all in the NFL, unless he landed somewhere where they had no depth or talent. Guess what? HE LANDED THERE!

You honestly don't think he can or will pass Green-Ellis? The guy averaged 3.9 YPG last year, and the Bengal's 2nd leading rusher was their QB, Andy Dalton. Rex landed exactly where he needed to land, in order to start his career off. Its obviously too early to name him as an official starter, but its pretty naive of you to to just blurt out that he has no chance, when he clearly does.

I don't usually agree with what you say, but you pretty much just took the words right out of my mouth.