Bands that should not have been as big as they are or were

[

super talented at what?

I'll admit I've only heard parts of one song, but some things are so bad you don't want to take a chance at more awfulness you can't unhear...The really scarry thing is she wears makeup too much like a girl I dated for 6 years...And I don't even like trannys.

Lady's got talent. Performing two of her original compositions at NYU, before she adopted the pop icon personality and was just Stefani Germanotta.

The pop market is what it is, but it's always good to see talented artists making it big.

That's my point, just because you don't like someones music doesn't automatically make them untalented. There are plenty of singers/bands out their that arn't real talented and have made a boat load of money doing their thing.

Some of you guys are real music snobs. :hmmph

I apologise..

I was actually hoping someone would post some of her "good stuff" and save me from having to weed through her "popular" stuff.

I s'pose I should try to be a more better person and try not to be a "music snob" because you never know who's feelings might get hurt..

Of course these people have talent..usually that's not enough.

I'm glad I can't persuade my young Son to not like Linkin Park..It would be boreing if he liked everything I liked and proves to my best friend that he's not liking my current three favourite groups just to be a "yes man".

I'll probably never understand "food snobs" or "foodies" but life would be lesser without them..I also doubt I'll ever be able to be a self respecting "music snob" until I learn to like classical music exclusively.

Not hurting my feelings. As I said before I am not a Lady Gaga fan. But, just because I don't like her music doesn't mean she doesn't have talent. Just because the masses happen to like something doesn't make it automatically bad either. It doesn't have to be produced by some indie rock lable to be good. You are a music snob becuase you think your judgement and taste in music is superior to someone that likes Lady Gaga or Kiss or whoever you see as inferior music. You are no different than a food snob, wine snob, beer snob or whatever snob.

Music is suppose to make you happy and if listening to Lady Gaga makes someone happy than great for them. Its entertainment, you don't have to get something meaningful out of music. Just like you don't have to get something meaningful out of a movie or film as a film snob would say. I liked Iron Man 3, no it won't win best picture, but I don't care. I like listening to Kiss every now and then, makes me think of my youth. Is it the critics choice of great music, no, but I don't care.

Oh, and the bolded statement above makes no sense.

What are you, Some kind of Word Snob? :P

My Dad was ~37 years older than me and there were at most..probably less than half a dozen bands that we both liked..(Benny Goodman, Chicago, Buddy Rich, Spike Jones...).

I was a couple of weeks shy of my 41st Birthday when my Son was born..And good or bad, we seem to like the same bands... which my old college buddy who now seems to like Johnny Cash even more than he liked Fleetwood Mac back in the day started saying my Son was probably just being polite.

But I was able to point out that even though I might like a couple of Linkin Park's songs, I really don't like most of their music..And even though I usually object when my Son puts in a Linkin Park CD, he defends them and still likes them..I'm glad he's comfortable enough in his convictions to not be swayed by my objections..We even usually joke about it.

This is a discussion board and I'd hope nobody would get offended by my posts / opinions...I'm really no expert in music, but in my mind, I've rarely come across anyone that has as good of taste in music as I do..Hopefully everyone feels they have the best tastes in music.

My main concern is if Lady GA2 or Gene Simmons reads Huskerboard and gets their feelings hurt..Sounds like they take WAY too much criticism from untalented hacks as it is without me piling on.

My musical tastes have changed drastically since I left Nebraska..And it seems like a large number of people from my past have also changed quite a bit in their tastes...I miss being able to have the friendly banter/ribbing with each other to try to straighten each other out... eyeswear2allthatsholy .

Now that makes a little more sense. I am not trying to start a fight. I just don't see why people feel the need to say something is inferior or so and so has no talent just because they are not what you like. There is lots music I don't care for, but I know you don't get anywhere in the music business without talent.

My father was 40 when I was born. I grew up listening to Big Band music.

Now that makes a little more sense. I am not trying to start a fight. I just don't see why people feel the need to say something is inferior or so and so has no talent just because they are not what you like. There is lots music I don't care for, but I know you don't get anywhere in the music business without talent.

My father was 40 when I was born. I grew up listening to Big Band music.

I used to LOVE when my parents had friends over and they'd pull out the Big Bands..

I still cringe though, at the memories of roadtrips listening to 8-tracks of Ray Conniff and his Singers or having to watch Laurence Welk and Hee Haw...

I wonder what my Son will think of bands like Tool, Alice in Chains, or Slipknot when he's my age..

I thankfully grew up on CCR, the Eagles, Zep, Sabbath, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, Hank Sr, Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker, the Ramones, Yes, Rush, and if you can believe it, Chuck Mangone

Throw the Stones in there and were pretty much the same. Less the Chuck Mangione.

I just don't see why people feel the need to say something is inferior or so and so has no talent just because they are not what you like. There is lots music I don't care for, but I know you don't get anywhere in the music business without talent.

I'm not sure if it's a need as much as a useful tool...I really wish my Ex would've let me know during our 4 year engagement that she actually liked Rap Music..Which (I'm sure will be pointed out that I'm wrong) requires no talent..except the ability to recite Dr Seuss or just rhyme naughty words.

I thankfully grew up on CCR, the Eagles, Zep, Sabbath, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, Hank Sr, Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker, the Ramones, Yes, Rush, and if you can believe it, Chuck Mangone

Throw the Stones in there and were pretty much the same. Less the Chuck Mangione.

I liked Chuck for a girl once...Not sure who Hank Sr is though...And never could talk my mom out of liking CCR..Wish I'd been introduced to Muddy before college.

I liked Chuck for a girl once...Not sure who Hank Sr is though...And never could talk my mom out of liking CCR..Wish I'd been introduced to Muddy before college.

Hank Williams Sr.

ALL Pop Country. You have to be a complete moron to not understand a country song written in the last 30 years. How many damn songs do I have to hear about tractors, trucks and Jesus. Really inspiring and artistic...

Another thing, it seems you can't make a P-Country record these days without ripping off someone else's work. Old Crow Medicine Show did Bob Dylan's, Mama, Rock me, (Wagon Wheel) 10 years ago, and did it well. Now I have to hear this Wal*Mart p.o.s. version every 15 minutes on the radio.