What helps you decide if you will go to Lincoln for a game?

With that talk about the schedule not looking all the great, it made me wonder, what impacts your decision to go to Lincoln for a game?

For me, the time of the game CAN be an issue but not always, sometimes I simply can't make 11am.

The weather doesn't matter at all.

The distance to Lincoln doesn't matter but I come from Omaha.

The opponent does't really make or break it for me BUT it does change the atmosphere a bit.

I think for me, I just look at it as a fun time, regardless of the opponent, because I will get to hang out with buddies and have a good time.

Going to a game in Lincoln requires losing the whole day and for me it is rarely worth the trip. With the games on tv (mostly) I'd much rather turn on the tv 5 mins before game time and spend the 3 hours. Snacks, drinks and bathroom breaks are fast and free. I've sat next to too many fat people and drunks to enjoy large stadium events.

Going to a game in Lincoln requires losing the whole day and for me it is rarely worth the trip. With the games on tv (mostly) I'd much rather turn on the tv 5 mins before game time and spend the 3 hours. Snacks, drinks and bathroom breaks are fast and free. I've sat next to too many fat people and drunks to enjoy large stadium events.

That is a good point. For me, I hardly ever go into the stadium.

I guess on this same topic, do you have a favorite part about being in Lincoln on game day?

I love how everyone, for the most part, of every age, is there to party and have fun. I think that totally adds to the event, I can walk back into the college bars before the game and even though it is have been 15 years or so since I finished, its like nothing changed, you just start to have a good time.

Let me also say I've only been to 6 games inside the stadium and one at Missouri a long time ago. While they were all fun, the Huskers lost 4 of the 6 games I saw at home. That probably tempers my experience and makes me think I really should stay away!

I've got the same problem.

I haven't been to a game in Lincoln since my cousin played.. (we lost 4 of the last 5 I saw ...and that was durring the Osborne years) The very 1st game I went to was the week after one of Tom's teams finally beat OU to reach #1 and we lost to Missouri.

The last game I watched in person, we lost out here to ASU 19-0...I got to be Soooo superstitious about my presence at Husker Games, I turned down tickets to the Fiesta Bowl game out here against Florida..Just circled the stadium with my Siberian Husky finding old classmates until the game started, then went home to watch us annihilate the Gators on the tv.

Someday I still hope to make it back for a Spring game with my Son and to celebrate our birthdays. (Old Girlfriend, my Best friend from UNL, his Wife, Mine are a day apart).