Newly minted Husker fan looking for travel advice for Penn State game

Hello all,

I'm a newly born Husker fan from the East coast as my lovely girlfriend is an album and born and raised in the good life. I just started following the team closely last year and done things are taking some getting used to ( A fan of pro sports, I fully expected a head or two to roll after the bowl game) , I love the community and ritual of all of Nebraska as a whole.

We are in Philly now and I would love to go up to Happy Valley for the game the week before Thanksgiving. I justwanted to know if anyone has any advice in finding reasonable lodging, tickets, and , importantly, a way to connect with other Husker fans while we are there. That would be great. I grew up in the big city and the culture of college football is totally new to me, but I welcome any tips you all may have. I am happy I started looking now as I see this is around the time you have to book these things. Thanks in advance.

Oh yea, and Go Big Red!

Doesn't mean you can't welcome the guy to Big Red Nation nonetheless. Welcome to the board and welcome to Husker fandom! I can't help you with your query, but I'm sure one person might be able to help, and if not, there is a PSU site that may or may not be willing to help out lol.

Doesn't mean you can't welcome the guy to Big Red Nation nonetheless. Welcome to the board and welcome to Husker fandom! I can't help you with your query, but I'm sure one person might be able to help, and if not, there is a PSU site that may or may not be willing to help out lol.

That's what I was thinkin. Another one bites the dust and rises to HuskerNation. It's like a tractor beam of hotness.

Won't be hard to get to Happy Valley from Philly. I'm guessing it might be hard to find a hotel room though. You should book early if you can. As for tickets, it might be easier to get tix through StubHub or scalped rather than through official channels.

If you want to meet Husker fans that before or after the game, just wear red. Happy Valley will be crawling with Huskers that whole weekend. You'll see red at all the bars, restaurants and hotels within 20 miles of the stadium.

And welcome aboard!!