Marines in Afghanistan losing meals

I think that unnecessarily risking the lives of our troops in a lengthy drawdown in Afghanistan is a far more important issue than whether the midnight meal is hot or cold.

The inference is there.

more important =/= not worthy.

Considering you basically hijacked this thread to voice your opinion about something other than the topic itself, I feel confident in saying that you do not feel it is worthy of discussion. So again, start a thread about lost lives of the wars if you want to discuss them. It would be a welcomed post, I am sure. Being a former member of the Armed Services and having friends lost in the wars and family currently deployed, I would read it and so would many others. But this post was started by Walksalone about some of the crap the living service members have to deal with and that is where the discussion should continue. And it is a worthy topic on it's own without somebody chirping about what is more important.

• Fire 1

Considering you basically hijacked this thread to voice your opinion about something other than the topic itself, I feel confident in saying that you do not feel it is worthy of discussion.

Your confidence is misplaced.

I do think that our troops should get every possible hot meal. That's a stupid place to cut spending.

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/65175-marines-in-afghanistan-losing-meals/page__view__findpost__p__1166403

I'm surprised that a former service member would complain about increased attention paid to our dying service members. If that's "hijacking to voice my opinion" then I'll proudly wear the criticism.

• Fire 2

Considering you basically hijacked this thread to voice your opinion about something other than the topic itself, I feel confident in saying that you do not feel it is worthy of discussion.

Your confidence is misplaced.

I do think that our troops should get every possible hot meal. That's a stupid place to cut spending.

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/65175-marines-in-afghanistan-losing-meals/page__view__findpost__p__1166403

I'm surprised that a former service member would complain about increased attention paid to our dying service members. If that's "hijacking to voice my opinion" then I'll proudly wear the criticism.

I like how you phrase things to be accusatory. Where have I complained about additional attention? Nowhere. I said that it deserves it's own thread because Walks was making a point about things happening to living soldiers. You seem to continue to gloss over that part every time you post.

• Fire 1

That's not an accusation. It is quite clear what you did in this thread. Plenty of posts to support it.

Why are you going after carlfense, and ignoring posts #7, 8, 9 & 11, all of which took this thread in a different direction before he said what's gotten you going here?

• Fire 1

That's not an accusation. It is quite clear what you did in this thread. Plenty of posts to support it.

Why are you going after carlfense, and ignoring posts #7, 8, 9 & 11, all of which took this thread in a different direction before he said what's gotten you going here?

I didn't ignore anything. Those 4 posts were written and then no discussion continued. Carlfense kept it up with Walksalone and I added to it. Then he kept it up with me.

I didn't ignore anything. Those 4 posts were written and then no discussion continued. Carlfense kept it up with Walksalone and I added to it. Then he kept it up with me.

So you blame yourself for engaging him in the conversation?

So you blame yourself for engaging him in the conversation?

I'm not sure blame is the right word. But yes I did engage him in the conversation. I didn't appreciate his comments and told him so.