Marines in Afghanistan losing meals

But instead of doing that you started a thread about a meal.

Because you apparently aren't understanding what I'm getting at.

Yes I did start a thread about a meal, and what is wrong with that? Because I obviously give a damn about those that defend this country. Should we remember and honor those have given their lives, absolutely. But they are gone, and we can only honor their memory. How about we take care of those that are still living, so I'll start a thread about a meal.

Walksalone, seems that some will not understand what you are trying to say.

Hot meals vs coming home?

Never, EVER the same thing.

You as a soldier know that a hot meal, shower, rest time is something few and far between.

We never make policy; just try to do our jobs and protect our brothers.

You could poll us and we would still choose what is right.

So as not to be misunderstood - 20+ years, Army / Air Force.

But it is a new era, or is it.

Feels a little like 1969...

• Fire 2

It kind of misses the point in my opinion when you say that all we can do is honor the memory of those who have given their lives.

Does it miss the point? I think you're only saying what you want to hear. Yes, we honor those that have given their lives in service of this country. But apparently I don't have the right to bitch about the fact that troops aren't getting chow, because I don't "see the bigger picture.

I think that we should all pay more attention to making sure that we protect the lives of our troops so we don't have more grieving families remembering and honoring these deaths. I'd imagine that if we could poll these Marines and asked them if they'd prefer to be home or if they'd prefer to have a hot meal they'd probably lean towards the former. But then again (as has been pointed out to me repeatedly) I couldn't possibly understand.

How about we just support the troops. Doesn't matter if it's a hot meal, or sending them someplace they shouldn't be. And if you polled those Marines, you'd be surprised that how many said they'd be there. They'd want to go home after the job is done.

You're right, you can't, and won't ever understand. Just like I miss the point about your all encompassing bigger picture, that makes the fact that I'm upset about troops not getting chow because it goes against your high and mighty views...

Remember this, sometimes our troops have to protect those that can be monumental, egotistical douchebags...

• Fire 1

BUT why the @#$%$ should we give more attention to that than our troops dying?

But I think you telling somebody that their concerns on a post are not worthy of discussion just because you can think of something worse is not right.

Where did I do that?

Walksalone, seems that some will not understand what you are trying to say.

Hot meals vs coming home?

Never, EVER the same thing.

You as a soldier know that a hot meal, shower, rest time is something few and far between.

We never make policy; just try to do our jobs and protect our brothers.

You could poll us and we would still choose what is right.

So as not to be misunderstood - 20+ years, Army / Air Force.

But it is a new era, or is it.

Feels a little like 1969...

I cannot +1 that enough...

BUT why the @#$%$ should we give more attention to that than our troops dying?

But I think you telling somebody that their concerns on a post are not worthy of discussion just because you can think of something worse is not right.

Where did I do that?

So . . . where did I say that it wasn't worthy of discussion?

Can we all just agree that everyone wants the guys in the field to be home, and if they're not home that we want them to have hot chow when they freakin' need hot chow?

We've had some pointless discussions in this forum, many of which I've contributed to, but this is getting beyond the realm of the shadow of the fringe of the hinterland of the Land of Pointless Points.

note - comment made as a member, not a Mod.

• Fire 1

Can we all just agree that everyone wants the guys in the field to be home, and if they're not home that we want them to have hot chow when they freakin' need hot chow?

We've had some pointless discussions in this forum, many of which I've contributed to, but this is getting beyond the realm of the shadow of the fringe of the hinterland of the Land of Pointless Points.

note - comment made as a member, not a Mod.

Not what this was originally about, but fair enough...