Future Offensive Coordinators

Chip Kelly

it will be interesting to see how his career plays out. this does make sense. but i think he would rather be a head coach at a second-tier school rather than oc at a top-tier school.

Sorry, but I gotta nix Chip Kelly. He is not from Youngstown.

:lol:

True.

Just giving an answer worth about as much as the question that was asked.

Scott Frost is an OC now as we speak. I would have to axe that option as well. His next move will be for Head Coach. Especially since at the moment, Oregon is a destination over Nebraska.

It will be another promotion from within. We've seen enough-good and bad-to know that's how Bo's gonna do things. It's his way of keeping some sort of continuity and rewarding buys for loyalty and hard work, which in the long run may very well pay off. It could very well turn into a deal that guys like Beck and Joseph in the future will want to stay because of that.

Scott Frost is an OC now as we speak. I would have to axe that option as well. His next move will be for Head Coach. Especially since at the moment, Oregon is a destination over Nebraska.

It will be another promotion from within. We've seen enough-good and bad-to know that's how Bo's gonna do things. It's his way of keeping some sort of continuity and rewarding buys for loyalty and hard work, which in the long run may very well pay off. It could very well turn into a deal that guys like Beck and Joseph in the future will want to stay because of that.

I could see Scott moving laterally to Nebraska. I could absolutely see that.

I don't, especially when we didn't give him a shot before.

I still think he would. He wanted to be an OC but didn't have any experience at the time. I'm sure he didn't like that but you'd have to think it was understandable. Whenever our spot come available, he'll have experience so I would think he'd get a strong look. Unless he's in line for the head job with the Ducks.

I still think he would. He wanted to be an OC but didn't have any experience at the time. I'm sure he didn't like that but you'd have to think it was understandable. Whenever our spot come available, he'll have experience so I would think he'd get a strong look. Unless he's in line for the head job with the Ducks.

Beck didn't have any experience either, I just think Scott won't make a lateral move when he will be a wanted coach after this season. I might be wrong, and I would love to be. But I just don't see it.

isn't he an oc under an offensive minded coach? sometimes they just promote people to that position specifically to train them or to keep them around, not necessarily because they are ready to be oc. i would imagine the head coach will still run the show.

so what i am saying is that he is still like an assistant oc, which means that coming to nebraska, where he could completely run the offense, may not be a lateral move at all, but in fact a step up. (i know, i used a lot of commas in the sentence).

Beck didn't have any experience either, I just think Scott won't make a lateral move when he will be a wanted coach after this season. I might be wrong, and I would love to be. But I just don't see it.

You're dreaming if you think Scott will be considered as a serious BCS head coaching candidate after this season. He's barely even qualified to be an OC, and that promotion was unexpected by almost all. He will need more than a year as a young, unproven offensive coordinator.

He wouldn't move here laterally for a position coaching spot, which he shouldn't have. But he also wasn't ready to move up (Beck didn't have experience as OC, but he did have a much longer career and was passing game coordinator at KU). Moving here laterally as OC while being heir apparent to the head coaching job would make sense to me.

Have to agree here, in all aspects. I doubt he leaves the most attractive offense for a lateral move to DONU. I would welcome him in a heartbeat if Beck leaves, but jus don't see it. Like Accountability said, I can see him here as a head coach at some point

In addition to my last post - Scott knows that if he wants to end up being the head guy here, it won't be easy if he doesn't come up from already being on the coaching staff.

How many head coaches have we had in the last 50 years - five. An average of one coach per ten years. If he stays outside the program, the timing will have to be perfect and the window won't be big. But if he came in as coordinator, and was content waiting the way that Frank did, he knows that job is his.

• Fire 1

Did I say BCS? No. He's already a wanted coach, Oregon had to give him OC to keep him. And Beck had one season as passing game coordinator at KU, the 3 years before that he was the WR coach. Like I said I would love to be wrong, but like Accountability said as well, he will be a HC here, before OC.

Did I say BCS? No. He's already a wanted coach, Oregon had to give him OC to keep him. And Beck had one season as passing game coordinator at KU, the 3 years before that he was the WR coach. Like I said I would love to be wrong, but like Accountability said as well, he will be a HC here, before OC.

Beck was offensive coordinator at Missouri State as well.