Future Offensive Coordinators

In addition to my last post - Scott knows that if he wants to end up being the head guy here, it won't be easy if he doesn't come up from already being on the coaching staff.

How many head coaches have we had in the last 50 years - five. An average of one coach per ten years. If he stays outside the program, the timing will have to be perfect and the window won't be big. But if he came in as coordinator, and was content waiting the way that Frank did, he knows that job is his.

that average is pretty skewed.

that would be a tough position for frost, because bo would have to be doing good for them to hire within. but then bo would probably stay longer. if bo does badly and gets the boot early, i do not foresee them hiring from within.

i see it more likely, which i do not think is incredibly likely, that frost would go to a second tier team in a top tier conference and just hope the time is right that when his stock is up there is a head coach position open for him at nebraska.

to everyone else: i know nostalgia is great, but why all the faith in scott frost already as oc, let alone head coach?

Did I say BCS? No. He's already a wanted coach, Oregon had to give him OC to keep him. And Beck had one season as passing game coordinator at KU, the 3 years before that he was the WR coach. Like I said I would love to be wrong, but like Accountability said as well, he will be a HC here, before OC.

Beck was offensive coordinator at Missouri State as well.

What's your point? So he was an OC at what a D3 school so that automatically makes him a better choice than Frost?

In addition to my last post - Scott knows that if he wants to end up being the head guy here, it won't be easy if he doesn't come up from already being on the coaching staff.

How many head coaches have we had in the last 50 years - five. An average of one coach per ten years. If he stays outside the program, the timing will have to be perfect and the window won't be big. But if he came in as coordinator, and was content waiting the way that Frank did, he knows that job is his.

that would be a tough position for frost, because bo would have to be doing good for them to hire within. but then bo would probably stay longer. if bo does badly and gets the boot early, i do not foresee them hiring from within.

i see it more likely, which i do not think is incredibly likely, that frost would go to a second tier team in a top tier conference and just hope the time is right that when his stock is up there is a head coach position open for him at nebraska.

to everyone else: i know nostalgia is great, but why all the faith in scott frost already as oc, let alone head coach?

I'm not sure to the last part, do we even know if he wants to come back? He has never came out and said he wants to come back and coach here at anytime.

same reason i had/have confidence in Darin Erstad as a head coach. He was raised right, understands the culture, and is made of and stands for all the right things. Plus, he's been a student of the game since day one.

The wheels could come off for Bo at any time. Same with any other coach. You just never know what will transpire. At that time it could wind up being the open door for Scott. Like I said, he would be a head coach here before OC. At this point in time, going from Oregon OC to Nebraska OC is below lateral. Of course, that could change in the course of 1 season as well. We could go 12-1 with a kickass offense, Oregon could suffer a couple key injuries and go 6-6 or 7-5 and their staff gets the boot. Timing is everything.

same reason i had/have confidence in Darin Erstad as a head coach. He was raised right, understands the culture, and is made of and stands for all the right things. Plus, he's been a student of the game since day one.

seems like there could be a lot of potential coaches who would meet that criteria. that does not mean they should all inspire confidence. all i am saying is that i would like to see someone point to something frost has accomplished as a coach that demonstrates a person's confidence in him.

also, baseball is a little different in that the stakes are not so high.

seems like there could be a lot of potential coaches who would meet that criteria. that does not mean they should all inspire confidence. all i am saying is that i would like to see someone point to something frost has accomplished as a coach that demonstrates a person's confidence in him.

Oh, come on Landlord. Being raised right and knowing the culture might make a Husker coach popular in the offseason. But if he doesn't win, it won't matter. If John the Baptist was our head coach and he lost seven games, his head would be on a platter before kickoff of the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl. And people would be dancing after the beheading, not before.

:lol:

Oh, come on Landlord. Being raised right and knowing the culture might make a Husker coach popular in the offseason. But if he doesn't win, it won't matter. If John the Baptist was our head coach and he lost seven games, his head would be on a platter before kickoff of the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl. And people would be dancing after the beheading, not before.

:lol:

He asked "why the faith in scott frost", not "why the concrete knowledge based on overwhelming evidence" or something of the nature.

I have faith in his ability because of those things. Because you either have "it" or you don't, and "it" isn't X's and O's knowledge, which can be learned (also mentioned that Scott has been a student of football all his life).

Might I be wrong? Hell yeah. That's why it's faith :)

Scott Frost will wind up being head coach at Nebraska somehow before offensive coordinator. Mark my words.

Chuck_norris_approves_gif_by_merovech1.gif

I don't know if it would be the best hire. Word is he's gotten oily over time.

I'm not saying that this is something that should happen. I'm just eluding to the fact that the time for Frost to be Nebraska's offensive coordinator has come and gone. It's just not gonna happen. Now, it's down to the only chance of him returning here would be for the head coach position. Anything Oregon to Nebraska in equal positions right now is below lateral. Hence, Scott would be a head coach here before OC. But I honestly do not believe either. Scott was a tremendous player and leader, but I too believe that his time as a Nebraskan has come and gone as well. But this is one of those instances when I really wouldnt mind being wrong. But his dedication to this program and this state started off shaky way back when he was 17/18 years old. I watched him single handidly shred one of my high school's best ever teams, and then run off to Stanford.

Scott Frost is an OC now as we speak. I would have to axe that option as well. His next move will be for Head Coach. Especially since at the moment, Oregon is a destination over Nebraska.

It will be another promotion from within. We've seen enough-good and bad-to know that's how Bo's gonna do things. It's his way of keeping some sort of continuity and rewarding buys for loyalty and hard work, which in the long run may very well pay off. It could very well turn into a deal that guys like Beck and Joseph in the future will want to stay because of that.

I could see Scott moving laterally to Nebraska. I could absolutely see that.

sorry, not happening as long as bo is the coach. they dont exactly see eye to eye. FACT. keep dreaming though...