So...those neon glow sticks the kids wave while waiting for the Fireworks to start...

So...those neon glow sticks the kids wave while waiting for the Fireworks to start...If you cut all of them open and pour the glowing ooze into a blender...Any idea what colour it would emit?

When my Son and I first discussed this (while waiting for my Nephew to start some of them at one of the local shows), we were thinking of dumping the straws (containers) in the blender, too....

1044165_10102624188192721_1713529225_n.jpg

It would be the same color, wouldn't it?

Maybe they should put that stuff in dog food. Would make it easier to find dog poops at night. :lol:

I like the way you think!

But we were wondering what colour the mixture of all the different colors would produce...My Son thought fluorescent Black like a black light?...For some reason, I;m still thinking a "neon tan" or maybe babysheit brown.

$(KGrHqIOKo8FGKL,7oYzBRm7-q7s7Q~~60_1.JPG

Maybe they should put that stuff in dog food. Would make it easier to find dog poops at night. :lol:

But we were wondering what colour the mixture of all the different colors would produce...My Son thought fluorescent Black like a black light?...For some reason, I;m still thinking a "neon tan" or maybe babysheit brown.

It will not be black - there are still visible light photons being emitted, not short wave UV photons. If it had all of the colors of the rainbow in equal proportions you would have white light. From the photo above the white-ish is brighter so my guess is mostly that.

It will not be black - there are still visible light photons being emitted, not short wave UV photons. If it had all of the colors of the rainbow in equal proportions you would have white light. From the photo above the white-ish is brighter so my guess is mostly that.

Luminescent white-ish dog poop. Cool!

All I see is the Oakley sunglasses....Nice :wasted

That's my favourite Nephew..With his latest annual obligatory eating of the first coconut (Gigant firework) moments before suiting up in his fancy firesuit..

On the 2nd to the last stop of he and his new bride's Road trip / Honeymoon..

I might actually have to try this...

My Son just told me the colors would stop emanating? after 12 hours at room temperature and inside the dog temp? probably much shorter than the 21 hours to travel through the doggy's Gastro Intestinal tract

I knew a guy that I served with that drank some of this stuff. He was not happy with the results the next day. :huh::D

Since one possible ingredient is draino (lye or sodium hydroxide) probably not

True story. This was back in '88 or '89 though.