Coaches poll is out

Just kidding. But seriously, they may drop a game or two, but I don't see many similarities to this year's Ohio State team and last year's USC team. USC had an absurdly over-hyped QB, and a couple legit WRs, but little else. I guess you might be onto something if Ohio State's depth is as non-existent as USC's. But more important than anything roster-related, there's a huge difference between Urban and Lane.

In my opinion - Ohio State has an absurdly over-hyped QB as well.

As a QB possibly, as a running threat, no way in hell.

Just kidding. But seriously, they may drop a game or two, but I don't see many similarities to this year's Ohio State team and last year's USC team. USC had an absurdly over-hyped QB, and a couple legit WRs, but little else. I guess you might be onto something if Ohio State's depth is as non-existent as USC's. But more important than anything roster-related, there's a huge difference between Urban and Lane.

In my opinion - Ohio State has an absurdly over-hyped QB as well.

As a QB possibly, as a running threat, no way in hell.

I don't seem him playing a 14 games.

Ohio State will lose at least three regular season games.

Based off of what?

last season

Do you also expect Nebraska to be blown out a few times based off of last season?

Makes no sense to base a current year off of the previous year with so many factors. It's no longer a brand new offense. It's no longer a brand new defense. They actually know the playbooks. The question will be if they can tackle unlike last year.

Then of course last year, they didn't lose a game either.

Based off of what?

last season

Do you also expect Nebraska to be blown out a few times based off of last season?

Makes no sense to base a current year off of the previous year with so many factors. It's no longer a brand new offense. It's no longer a brand new defense. They actually know the playbooks. The question will be if they can tackle unlike last year.

Credit to Ohio St. for finding a way to go undefeated, but they could have lost 5-6 of those games.... I won't take anything away from them, because it was impressive with what they did, but they are not the 2nd best team in the country, and last year's team was as unimpressive as an undefeated team could be.....

Based off of what?

last season

So how do you think tOSU will do this year and what do you base that on?

Yes, I expect us to get blown out a time or two. Not only based on last season - but based on the seasons before that as well. I also expect us to somehow find a way to freaking lose 4 games. It shouldn't happen, but it does.

And if you aren't basing the current year of the previous year what do you go with? You return nearly everyone that matters on offense. An offense that struggled mightily at times and like Michigan in years past...depends almost entirely on a single individual under center. Braxton was sacked as much as anyone (except maybe Martinez) and I don't see that improving much. His speed doesn't mean much when there's 3-4 in the backfield. His passing can't improve when pass blocking is so poor. And to it you fumble almost as much as Nebraska (MSU/UCF/Purdue). You're front 7 on D is a questionable as ours. You lost nearly the entire roster, save Shazier.

For every great game you had last year (Nebraska, Penn State), there was Purdue, Cal, or a UAB. All of which were at home. A win is a win, but that was by far the most ho-hum 12-0 season I've every witnessed.

The main thing you have going for you - is the same thing Nebraska has going for them - an easy schedule. So yeah, you might be 12-0 going into the championship game...but do you really think you're the #2 team in the country? I just don't see it.

The difference between Ohio State however is that you were getting better as the season progressed. And Meyer is a hell of a coach. The talent is there, but I want to see it all come together before I annoint them the #2 team in the country. I see a couple hiccups along the way that deflate those egos a little.

• Fire 3

Based off of what?

last season

So how do you think tOSU will do this year and what do you base that on?

Best case 12-0. (Since we're just talking regular season)

Realistically 11-1 based off of the recruits we had, the fact that it's no longer a new offense or defense so things are actually known. The depth we have at skill positions and the depth at defensive line.

Worst case 9-3 (which is what was stated before, but that's when everything goes to hell basically)

The difference between Ohio State however is that you were getting better as the season progressed. And Meyer is a hell of a coach. The talent is there, but I want to see it all come together before I annoint them the #2 team in the country. I see a couple hiccups along the way that deflate those egos a little.

Wasn't talking about the ranking, just about the wins and losses. I have nothing other than a record to say Ohio State deserves a #2 spot. Like you said, they need to prove their #2 ranking this year, and I definitely agree with you there.