IF Bo was fired (for those of you who want that) whats your plan?

Not a chance a HC is going to take $500,000 less than his OC and DC while also be making one heck of a lot less than the going rate for a HC at a program like Nebraska.

Hense the statement - "it would require a unique HC"

What do you think Moglia is making now? Hell of a lot less than 750k. And do you think he'd be coaching for the money? You think he needs it? You can't shift a paradigm while continuing to hold onto all the rules of the prior paradigm. Get outside your box.

not_having_it.gif

The issue isnt about Bo's value as a coach. We huskers fans are so spolied about their past successes that our expectations of undefeated season after undefeated season just isnt realistic. Other schools would bust nuts for 9-10 wins year after year. just my opinion.

The issue isnt about Bo's value as a coach. We huskers fans are so spolied about their past successes that our expectations of undefeated season after undefeated season just isnt realistic. Other schools would bust nuts for 9-10 wins year after year. just my opinion.

I think at the same time there are several others that would not accept it either. Nothing wrong with demanding excellence, but there may be with accepting "just enough." In my opinion, Nebraska didn't get to where it is because it accepted "just enough," it got there because it demanded excellence, no reason to stop now.

• Fire 1

I think at the same time there are several others that would not accept it either. Nothing wrong with demanding excellence, but there may be with accepting "just enough." In my opinion, Nebraska didn't get to where it is because it accepted "just enough," it got there because it demanded excellence, no reason to stop now.

I think the just enough doesn't work when you have 5 national championships knowing that you can win them and get kids to come to the midwest. We know that excellence can be sustained and no reason we should settle for less.

I think the just enough doesn't work when you have 5 national championships knowing that you can win them and get kids to come to the midwest. We know that excellence can be sustained and no reason we should settle for less.

We haven't won one in 15 years. The last time we won won a conference game was over 10 years ago. We have only been in 6 Conference Championship games since '97, while 3 of them were in the last 5 years. We have yet to win a conference championship since '99. I think most fans understand we are getting back up to that level and its going to take time. You can have high expectations, but you need to face reality too. Nebraska isn't an easy school to recruit at like most warm weather schools, unless you have a BIG name coach at the throne. We are sitting better than I had imagined we would. I honestly didn't think Bo would be able to turn this program into what it is right now, in only 5 years. It says a lot about him and what he is building.

We haven't won one in 15 years. The last time we won won a conference game was over 10 years ago. We have only been in 6 Conference Championship games since '97, while 3 of them were in the last 5 years. We have yet to win a conference championship since '99. I think most fans understand we are getting back up to that level and its going to take time. You can have high expectations, but you need to face reality too. Nebraska isn't an easy school to recruit at like most warm weather schools, unless you have a BIG name coach at the throne. We are sitting better than I had imagined we would. I honestly didn't think Bo would be able to turn this program into what it is right now, in only 5 years. It says a lot about him and what he is building.

that's why you get the kids the other schools overlook. Winning is what is going to the get kids here. even though TO didn't win a national title for a long time he was winning conference championships and going to the big bowl games where most of the time we were playing a top 5 team. Bo has turned the program aroudn but now he is kinda stagnating and suffering blowout losses which doesn't make it easier to recruit. Bo is going to have to get more out of with what he has. He has to find a balance of having a good offense and defense at the same time. We should always think Nebraska is a destination school because if we don't why would anyone want to come here then?

that's why you get the kids the other schools overlook. Winning is what is going to the get kids here. even though TO didn't win a national title for a long time he was winning conference championships and going to the big bowl games where most of the time we were playing a top 5 team. Bo has turned the program aroudn but now he is kinda stagnating and suffering blowout losses which doesn't make it easier to recruit. Bo is going to have to get more out of with what he has. He has to find a balance of having a good offense and defense at the same time. We should always think Nebraska is a destination school because if we don't why would anyone want to come here then?

You don't have to think it. Nebraska is a destination school. I don't think the players have a problem recognizing that or the recruits; it seems the only ones questioning whether Nebraska is elite or not is you guys (the fans). This is commendable, humility goes a long ways, but you guys also have to remember you are Nebraska god damn it!

Damn it BOJ, you are trending to be my favorite "foreign" poster

I think Bo got more out of what he had last year than what most coaches could have. We have the record we have because of the coaching. Sure, we shouldn't have blowout losses, but what do you expect when you don't have speed on defense? Bo's first year of recruiting caught up to him. The only way to recruit better, is to show you can coach. This is something he has and is doing. Almost every guy we have put in the NFL under Bo is a starter on defense. David, Dennard, Amukamara and Suh to name a few. Winning helps a lot, but its a lot harder to balance a team like your speaking of when your a first time HC at NEBRASKA. A program that had no stability and hasn't won a conference championship since '99. We will win one soon, really soon. Its only time that Bo puts this team right where he wants. We have depth at offense, and we will eventually get up there on defense. It will take a couple more years of solid recruiting, like we have had, to be balanced.

I love this program and I have been a fan since I could remember. The reality is, Nebraska is a state that not many people outside the Midwest know of. Many big recruits have been recorded saying that Lincoln is a hick town with very little to do and is surrounded by corn. This is what recruiters from other schools thrive off of telling them. They believe it, until they take that visit here. If/When we can get the visit, it becomes a very difficult decision for the recruits from there.