what will fall camp bring to the table

[in Bo voice while walking]: "You know, uh, we've just got to continue to execute and be more consistent. It's all about consistency. I've seen some good things and some things we need to work on. We've got a lot of guys on the come but it's all about execution. Overall, I'm pretty pleased."

-Bo Pelini, some time in the next few weeks

A) We will work a lot on tackling and simulated game experiences to help the younger guys. I expect the defense to get annihilated in practice for a week or two and we will probably hear about it. I think that this will be the "growing"pains people speak of. Fact of the matter is, UCLA has nothing on our offense, nothing at all. Our defense will be tested in practice, and they WILL be ready for UCLA. Going up against one of the top offenses in the nation for 20 days is going to be brutal and I expect it to help with the learning curve.

B) I think we see a true frosh come out of no where to surprise some people. I think there will be a little one huge surprise on the depth chart, when it is released.

C) Due to A, I think we might see more minor injuries because the focus on getting these guys seasoned and used to tackling at full speed - good on good. This also can contribute to B) a contributor not being able to play due to injury - but I more just have a feeling that one of these freshman is going to surprise everyone.

D) Terrell Newby or Jamal Turner ends up as the punt returner.

[in Bo voice while walking]: "You know, uh, we've just got to continue to execute and be more consistent. It's all about consistency. I've seen some good things and some things we need to work on. We've got a lot of guys on the come but it's all about execution. It's a process. Overall, I'm pretty pleased."

-Bo Pelini, some time in the next few weeks

FIFY

"Bo talk a little bit about the progression of your young DLineman."

Bo-

You know they bring their hard hats and lunch pales to practice. They been working hard and getting after it. And you know they are all good football players. Alota potential. We will see where we are at the end of camp.

Dirk - "Talk a little bit about the progress of the DL."

Bo -

Did you not listen???

Contrary to Knapp's usually outstanding capabilities of seeing into the future (or what some people call "shining"), I do not foresee any injuries prior to the first game. In fact for the whole season I believe the only injury will be a rug burn gone bad when it is discovered that some of the turf cork filler material was recycled from an undisclosed medical waste facility.

Typical coach speak I'm guessing. "Sloppy, good energy, learning the playbook, ready to hit, a lot of guys are competing..."

I only hope for no or minimal injuries.

If it were up to me I wouldn't play Martinez any more than necessary. In preparing for the coming seasons the backup QBs will need a boat load of reps.

The O seems to be pretty solid and falling into place. No real question marks except for tight ends really.

The D on the other hand will be the story. D line and LB ... somebody, anybody needs to step up. The secondary should be as nasty as they've ever been.

I would like to see a good emphasis on special teams, mainly defending kickoff and punt return. That has gashed us badly the past few years and our D will need all the help they can get.