Manziel at Nebraska

jmfb

I don't doubt that he signed the autographs, but you still need proof + evidence to confirm that he was indeed paid for his services. If there is no paper trail, there is no way for the NCAA to "convict" him of wrong doing. Do I think he was paid and did it? Yeah, but I don't have proof. Burden of evidence is on us, not Manziel. Some people forget that is how the court system works.

The court system and the NCAA compliance system are two entirely different things.

I am not well versed in NCAA regulations, but I'd assume after some sort of concrete allegations (autograph vendors with pictures/video and claims that they paid him money), the burden can be shifted to Manziel. It could become a ridiculous burden otherwise. Without subpoena power, how would the NCAA obtain a paper trail?

Well, you don't think its possible the Manziel's (who are known to have money) could be being extorted by this autograph guy? Maybe Manziel was doing all this signing in a PR stunt gone wrong. Who knows. Its not out of the realm of possibility that this guy is trying to make bigger bucks off of them. Manziel may be an idiot, but the guy doesn't need 7500 this year especially when he is 99% likely to go to the NFL next year.

I also want to add in I'm not necessarily defending Johnny, because the guy is a self-centered, arrogant and egotistical douche. I just think that none of that really has to do with him being suspended. There are a lot of idiots on the field every day - who do worse things than Johnny. Taking 7,500 is the issue - not him driving a mercedes or having a rich family, or being a douche bag and partying all the time.

Maybe it got lost somewhere in your soap box, but does the point you are countering even have anything to do with him being suspended?

I thought the point of the thread was to ask how we would react and whether or not we would want him - like I said, maybe I missed it, but it seems like you are the only one trying to keep everything relevant to whether he should be suspended when everyone else is only keeping it relevant to him being a turd.

Maybe I just don't agree with the character assassination going on in this thread?

Should I start a thread that just belittles a famous person for personal opinions I have of them?

Its not like he is breaking the law, so I don't know what the hell Bo or Osbourne would do. I'd learn to Osbourne probably keeping him, as they put other stuff under the rug that was worse than a spoiled kid partying excessively and POSSIBLY taking 7,500. My opinion would change if it is proven that he took 7,500.

Bo probably kicks him off the team. Bo has a short leash nowadays.

I don't doubt that he signed the autographs, but you still need proof + evidence to confirm that he was indeed paid for his services. If there is no paper trail, there is no way for the NCAA to "convict" him of wrong doing. Do I think he was paid and did it? Yeah, but I don't have proof. Burden of evidence is on us, not Manziel. Some people forget that is how the court system works.

The court system and the NCAA compliance system are two entirely different things.

I am not well versed in NCAA regulations, but I'd assume after some sort of concrete allegations (autograph vendors with pictures/video and claims that they paid him money), the burden can be shifted to Manziel. It could become a ridiculous burden otherwise. Without subpoena power, how would the NCAA obtain a paper trail?

Well, you don't think its possible the Manziel's (who are known to have money) could be being extorted by this autograph guy? Maybe Manziel was doing all this signing in a PR stunt gone wrong. Who knows. Its not out of the realm of possibility that this guy is trying to make bigger bucks off of them. Manziel may be an idiot, but the guy doesn't need 7500 this year especially when he is 99% likely to go to the NFL next year.

Why would he sign all this stuff for a known autograph broker for free, cmon

Correct

This isnt beyond a reasonable doubt standard in any way shape or form.

But, I dont think that they have the ability to require non athletes or non staff to testify

Which is exactly why Cam Newton was allowed to play - and many others are still allowed to play.

They can have a picture of the poorest guy in the world with 10 million dollars but if they can't find the cash or proof of him taking the cash - then they can't do anything.

If they could banish every player they suspected of taking improper benefits, football would be a lot different.

What pisses me off the most? This snot-nosed brat took money for something and HE DIDNT EVEN NEED IT. It's not like he came from a family of 7 kids with a single mother cuz dooshy Dad ran off at 5 years old and he worked his butt off to use football to get an education and happen to get caught up in something and took some money when he desparately needed it. Oh no, this little prick obviously has thousands upon thousands if not tens or even hundreds of thousands at his disposal and takes money for his autograph when he coulda just as easily used that autograph for something respectful.

WHy would he sign for just $7500- because he is dumber than a bag of hammers, he's selfish, arrogant, thinks he's untouchable, per his past behaivor

As you say, he is an idiot. Maybe he didn't know it was autograph broker.

Maybe he did it for charity.

Who knows. I doubt he or the broker will fess up to anything that truly gets him in trouble.

Maybe I just don't agree with the character assassination going on in this thread?

...because the guy is a self-centered, arrogant and egotistical douche.

...oh.

A lot of people are those things. Doesn't make them a bad person. Hell, I'm a douchebag, egotistical, cocky, confident, whatever you want to say. Doesn't make me a horrible person - on par with those that assault women or rape women, for instance.

WHy would he sign for just $7500- because he is dumber than a bag of hammers, he's selfish, arrogant, thinks he's untouchable, per his past behaivor

As you say, he is an idiot. Maybe he didn't know it was autograph broker.

Maybe he did it for charity.

Who knows. I doubt he or the broker will fess up to anything that truly gets him in trouble.

Silliness

The guy walks in with 100+ items

Takes you 2+ hours to sigh in some hotel room

It's for charity? yeah right 100+ items- OK please PM me I have some nice property in a wetland in Florida I would like to sell you for a fair price :ahhhhhhhh

Meamwhile Manziel hires a personal assistant- to do what? Stuff just like this.

I dont

As an NU fan, you may want to know it's Tom Osborne, not Osbourne

Kids get suspended all the time prior to conviction. TO did it a number of times, none were for possible NCAA violations

The standard is not beyond a reasonable doubt

No way he is innocent

Did you know if he plays and the NCAA finds he did this- they vacate wins, vacate titles?

Unfortunately their administration and fan base value possible wins over integrity

Much of their fan base has said so very brazenly. They openly dont care if he did it or not. Another large contingent is hoping for an OJ defense, get off on a technicality or not quite perfect evidecne in place.etc

A tiny sliver of them are saying suspend him.

Real shame such a great Univeristy would let itself be tarnished by something like this. Brazenly saying catch us if you can, we dont care if he is guilty or not.

The kid already lied to them in March when another autographing incident came to their attention

It's part of why the Manziel family has been so testy with the A&M administration. This has been a VERY long time coming.

They knew they had a ticking time bomb for quite some time.

I dont

It happens all the time- before conviction

The standard is not beyond a reasonable doubt

No way he is innocent

Did you know if he plays and the NCAA finds he did this- they vacate wins, vacate titles?

Unfortunately their administration and fan base value possible wins over integrity

Much of their fan base has said so very brazenly. They openly dont care if he did it or not. Another large contingent is hoping for an OJ defense, get off on a technicality or not quite perfect evidecne in place.etc

A tiny sliver of them are saying suspend him.

Real shame such a great Univeristy would let itself be tarnished by something like this. Brazenly saying catch us if you can, we dont care if he is guilty or not.

The kid already lied to them in March when another autographing incident came to their attention

It's part of why the Manziel family has been so testy with the A&M administration. This has been a VERY long time coming.

They knew they had a ticking time bomb for quite some time.

So were you okay with Osbourne letting LP and Christian Peter stay on the team then?

His team mates should fill a pillow case with bars of soap, sneak into his room at night, and "take care of" the insufferable little bastard.

His antics should not be compared to LP. What LP did was wrong and disturbing in it's own way but there isn't much I hate worse than someone who has the world in the palm of their hand but chooses to flip the finger to all those who made it possible. MDB just begins to scratch the surface. Somebody needs to kick him in the nuts......daily.

Did you order the Code Red?!?!

handle-the-truth.gif

• Fire 1