Debate: What advantages does the Nebraska job have over the Oklahoma job

.......... and MUCH better facilities..........................Basically a college town with no shopping malls or entertainment.

No, a little bit better facilities instead of MUCH better.

And Norman is too a college town with no major shopping malls or little entertainment. However OU campus is nicer than UNL.

I lived in Lincoln from 1983 to 1993 and moved to Norman from 1993 to present.

I disagree, we have one of the top facilities in the nation. OU is ranked to have the 3rd best facility in the Big 12, while we are #2 in the B1G, behind tOSU.

As far as your statement on Norman, I will have to take your word on that, but I never said anything about that. My comment was about Nebraska. You add in weather factors, it makes kids not want to visit, while in OU, the weather is much more pleasurable. The outside perspective, is Lincoln is a hole in the wall hick town, with no entertainment. Add cold winters in there, and kids already have a bad perception. Get them up here and show them its all a lie, besides the snow, and they will have a whole new outlook. This has been stated by quite a few high recruits who have came here.

Lincoln is not a college town. We have a whole city that functions just fine outside of campus. It just feels that way with campus and downtown being so close to each other. If I remember correctly we had the second largest city for our college when we were in the Big 12. This was one of the big things that helped us when we were recruiting guys from California was that we weren't just cornfields and prairie land.

Lincoln is not a college town. We have a whole city that functions just fine outside of campus. It just feels that way with campus and downtown being so close to each other. If I remember correctly we had the second largest city for our college when we were in the Big 12. This was one of the big things that helped us when we were recruiting guys from California was that we weren't just cornfields and prairie land.

Lincoln is definitely a college town. A nice one, but still a college town. You wouldn't know there was a game on in Tucson, Az, unless you drove by the stadium. Lincoln turns to a sea of red, on game day. You don't get that type of outpouring in this city. Rich-Rod may change that, but it will never be what Lincoln is on game day. GBR!!!

A college town is one that operates almost exclusively during the school year. That is not Lincoln. Lincoln is the capitol of the state with a population somewhere around 200,000-250,000. Just because we have a rampant fan-base that come in droves from every corner of the land 7 or 8 times a year doesn't make it a college town.

A college town is one that operates almost exclusively during the school year. That is not Lincoln. Lincoln is the capitol of the state with a population somewhere around 200,000-250,000. Just because we have a rampant fan-base that come in droves from every corner of the land 7 or 8 times a year doesn't make it a college town.

But the downtown atmosphere really dwindles from late May to early August. Yes Lincoln is more than a college town, but it's still a town dependent on it's college so it's still a college town imo.

But the downtown atmosphere really dwindles from late May to early August. Yes Lincoln is more than a college town, but it's still a town dependent on it's college so it's still a college town imo.

It suffers, but it still exists. I have friends who do live in college towns and if school isn't in session their literally is no one out about doing anything. This is a college town, one where the population more than doubles the weekend before school starts.

It suffers, but it still exists. I have friends who do live in college towns and if school isn't in session their literally is no one out about doing anything. This is a college town, one where the population more than doubles the weekend before school starts.

You're just arguing semantics.

I don't think we lost out to OU on any of the recruits last year that we wanted.

Quincy Russell chose Oklahoma over NU last year. Not sure how much the staff wanted him though. Seeing that he was a juco DT, I bet they wanted him pretty bad

+1 Good catch

I'm an LSU fan, but I have always respected the Huskers. I am having a friendly debate with a friend who debates that Nebraska has exactly ZERO advantages over Oklahoma as far as recruiting goes.

I argue that the facilities are better at NU, but I am having trouble coming up with any other advantages. I thought what better place than Husker board to get some thoughts.

That's a slam dunk. We don't have this:

51-GjCg6ZQL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Or this:

Sooner-Schooner-570x356.jpg

If you are a caring parent, are these what you want to expose your child to?