Huskers on IHeart Radio?

Merge me if needed..I looked through the first two pages of topics and didn't see an appropriate one.

I will be driving to Arkansas on Saturday for vacation. I know from two years ago when the same thing happened, I couldn't find the game on any live radio stations on the way. If I load I-Heart Radio on my phone, are there any stations that would be carrying it?

Thanks

Merge me if needed..I looked through the first two pages of topics and didn't see an appropriate one.

I will be driving to Arkansas on Saturday for vacation. I know from two years ago when the same thing happened, I couldn't find the game on any live radio stations on the way. If I load I-Heart Radio on my phone, are there any stations that would be carrying it?

Thanks

I'm not sure how this works regarding battery life of the phone (I don't have a smart phone), but I'd assume you could listen to the stream on huskers.com.

I have never been able to get a good radio source for Huskers games via my smart phone (trying to the past 3-4 years). There is supposed to be an app from the athletic department that carries the broadcast, but I have never been able to get it to work.

If you try to use Iheart radio to pick up an Omaha or Lincoln station, the stream will not play the game feed. The University does not allow games to be broadcast over the internet, outside of Huskers.com. If you are able to find something, that's great, but it will be doubtful. Good luck.

The games have not been available over iheart radio in the past. KFAB is on iheart but their game broadcasts are not. As others have said, try the feed on Huskers.com. I'm pretty darned sure that will be your only option.

I have gotten the game on a streaming app several times. I used a listing of broadcasting stations to find which ones were carrying the broadcast and selected them until I got one. Haven't had much luck with the Huskers.com link unless using a PC or laptop. The list I used was on Huskermax.

I had two games last year that I needed to listen to via streaming on my phone and it wasn't easy. This information applied last year, but probably applies this year also.

Nebraska has contracted with NeuLion for internet presence, which includes streaming of the games online. NeuLion owns all internet streaming rights and they can block anyone else from streaming the game online. Any radio station that broadcasts the game over the air, does not have the right to stream it over the internet and will play different content over the internet during the game.

You may be able to find a small station who accidentally streams it over the internet for an early game. I used TuneIn last year to find the Lexington station that was streaming an early game. But I imagine that NeuLion was checking up on the affiliates and let them know that they weren't supposed to do that because in later games I could not find anyone of the affiliates who was streaming the game on the internet.

NeuLion does have a Nebraska app that allows you to receive the game, but to me it seemed kind of expensive. Although I don't remember the price. They had it for android at least, but I would think that they have one for the iPhone also. The app didn't let you access the premium video feeds, unless you subscribed to those also.

If you access the huskers.com website with a default phone browser, they will block the game streams and point you to buying the app.

What I ended up doing was changing the User Agent on my phones web browser from android to desktop. I then accessed the huskers.com website and it would think that I was a computer and provide the full huskers.com website. The way they laid out the desktop website is not very friendly and is hard to navigate on the phone, but I could get to the game streaming page and bring up the game and stream it to my phone. To make it easier to get to the list of games, I think that I bookmarked the page on my PC and then shared it with my phone so I could go directly to it. Changing the User Agent in the last couple releases of Android is real easy and is selected under the Advanced Option menu in the browser. With older versions of Android I think you need to load Firefox, Chrome, Dolphin or other alternate browser and then there were plugins that would allow you to change it. I don't know how to do it on an iPhone.

The only drawback I had doing this was, the player window had to be kept active to receive the stream. You could not do anything else with the phone. I could turn off the screen and walk around with it fine. But if I used another app the stream would stop. But this wasn't a big deal for me. Streaming it this way also ate up a lot of battery.

I would suggest you try this with other live content available on huskers.com before Saturday to work out any issues.

The other option may be to find a stream from our opponent and see if you can listen to their internet stream either through their website or through iHeartRadio or TuneIn. I did this for one game last year. But if the opponent’s school has contracted with NeuLion you will have the same issue.

Does SiriusXM broadcast the Nebraska games? I am not sure if they do, but if you have a contract with them you can stream their stations to your phone. But I don't know if this also applies to live games.

TL:DR - It is hard to get live NU games on your phone because of the contract Nebraska has with NeuLion.

• Fire 1

So, with the official app the only way to get audio is to pay the husker Nsider subscription? Way too high to listen to something that is broadcast free. This is kind of an unfortunate oversight when you consider how much people stream from mobile devices now. Last year I could swear that I had no issues just using the huskers.com website, but I had Motorola droid x2 (older os) and used Dolphin for a browser. I know there is a browser on IOS that is 5 bucks that works with flash sites. I'm tempted to just try buying that browser to see if it works.

Ok, I am streaming the audio from huskers.com right now on an app called photon flash player for Iphone (Iphone 4s). I will also let you use sites that have flash based players which safari doesn't support. Seems to be working pretty good, but I've only used it for about 10 minutes now. Navigation is kind of screwy but do-able. The app isn't free, but like 3.99 or 4.99. Personally I'm hoping this works more so that I might use it to listen to sports nightly on my phone from time to time. Paying premium for a radio broadcast is flatout ridiculous, and it is hilarious that if you are on a pc its free but a mobile device requires payment? Makes no sense.