Dad: Top School Offered Son $600K

Nobody

BRJUm1eCAAAJPEG_crop_north.jpg

1018722.jpg

Texas A&M freshman wide receiver Ricky Seals-Jones was one of the most heavily recruited high school players in the nation before he committed to the Aggies last December.

According to his father, Chester Jones, the 5-star wideout left a $600,000 deal on the table from a collegiate powerhouse before ultimately choosing College Station as his new home.

http://bleacherrepor...-for-commitment yeah i know its BR.. but thats kind of beside the point here.

I'm guessing its FSU and Bama. I'm really really hoping Bama.

After an early decision in February to sign with Texas, Seals-Jones decomitted from the program in June to take a look at other schools.

Schools like Oregon, UCLA, Baylor and others were rumored to make a push, but it was the SEC's Texas A&M and LSU which emerged as the leaders.

LINK

• Fire 1

After an early decision in February to sign with Texas, Seals-Jones decomitted from the program in June to take a look at other schools.

Schools like Oregon, UCLA, Baylor and others were rumored to make a push, but it was the SEC's Texas A&M and LSU which emerged as the leaders.

LINK

+1

I wonder how the whole bribery/payment system works, as in how much money is being thrown around (or at least offered), how it is being delivered, and what measures are taken by a school (or booster) to cover it up when it happens. I mean, people who are accepting payment might not have all that much honor to begin with, so how can the payer trust that it will be kept secret in most cases, knowing what kind of scandal it can cause? Or do they really not worry about it at all, knowing the lack of balls that the NCAA tends to display?

Is there an underground mafia sponsored by specific universities for this sort of thing? Does it come from slush funds from the coaches/AD themselves? Does it just come from loose-cannon boosters?

The whole process is fascinating.

It also makes me not worry about championships too much at Nebraska. With the amount of cheating that is surely going on, I'd rather cleanly go 10-4 every year and occasionally contend for titles than win a dirty championship and be embarrassed by scandal.