This team is going to be fine.

-We had a very predictable gameplan for wyo, and i am sure we will for southern miss as well. We don't want to show anything to UCLA.

-Zaire and Afalava did not play. 2 starters that would of made a big difference. I'm sure they'll be back next week.

-Our defense is only going to get better every week as the young guys gain experience.

-The Wyo game may actually wake our team up, and guys will go harder at practice.

-Our running game is one of the best in the country.

I would be okay with Beck slowing down the play calling when we come to face UCLA. Keep our offense on the field, grinding yards and the clock and keeping our young, inexperienced defense off the field. We are good enough on offense to do this.

If we keep scoring quickly, that only gives our defense a disadvantage by having more chances to fail. IMO

This is exactly what I'd expect him to do if you watch our game film vs Nevada. It was only 17-13 at the half because Fajardo did a really good job of moving the chains and keeping our offense off the field. It wasn't until we got a few stops that the floodgates opened in the second half.

I would be okay with Beck slowing down the play calling when we come to face UCLA. Keep our offense on the field, grinding yards and the clock and keeping our young, inexperienced defense off the field. We are good enough on offense to do this.

If we keep scoring quickly, that only gives our defense a disadvantage by having more chances to fail. IMO

We don't want to show anything to UCLA.

Was this our plan last year?

Would you rather we expose our whole playbook just so we could crush Wyoming?

There were a few things that we really didn't want to show to Wyo that we had to to win the game. No biggie. Id rather practice those things against a team with a dual threat QB than go into UCLA with no game experience using certain things.