Southern Miss could test the secondary again.

Southern Miss team coming off a tough home loss to Texas State last Saturday. The Golden Eagles turned the ball over six times in the 22-15 loss, but quarterback Allan Bridgford, making his first start for Southern Miss after transferring from Cal in the offseason, looked crisp, throwing for 377 yards and a touchdown.

Oh, come on! Not another hell of an offensive mind. I miss the days when Nebraska wouldn't have to worry about creampuff out-of-conference opponents who went 4-8 and 0-12 the year before.

They don't happen to have a talented QB too, do they? Because that's fun and all but I'd like to see us win this one decisively.

Yep. Worried about tune up games. How far have we really fallen when we begin to make excuses because their team has a genius DC or OC.

To get this straight, the board seems to agree that a defensive/offensive guru with lesser talent can give/beat a team with better talent.................imagine if we had one of these on our staff.

Oh, come on! Not another hell of an offensive mind. I miss the days when Nebraska wouldn't have to worry about creampuff out-of-conference opponents who went 4-8 and 0-12 the year before.

They don't happen to have a talented QB too, do they? Because that's fun and all but I'd like to see us win this one decisively.

Yep. Worried about tune up games. How far have we really fallen when we begin to make excuses because their team has a genius DC or OC.

To get this straight, the board seems to agree that a defensive/offensive guru with lesser talent can give/beat a team with better talent.................imagine if we had one of these on our staff.

It seems like NU should be looking to hire a genius coach away from Wyoming. Better facilities, better pay. It should be easy right?

To get this straight, the board seems to agree that a defensive/offensive guru with lesser talent can give/beat a team with better talent

Talent wins. That's why there has been an increased focus on our recruiting the past two years.

My point being that we are now scared of tune up games because of the rep of their DC/OC/HC. Sad IMO. We should have gone out and sent Wyoming home with a paycheck, zero points on the board and a desire to never play NU again.

It seems like NU should be looking to hire a genius coach away from Wyoming. Better facilities, better pay. It should be easy right?

Worked out pretty well for us a half century ago.

My point being that we are now scared of tune up games because of the rep of their DC/OC/HC. Sad IMO. We should have gone out and sent Wyoming home with a paycheck, zero points on the board and a desire to never play NU again.

Scared?

No. Read posts on the thread. People are acting scared that their OC is a genius. People talk about the Wyoming game being so close because of their HC. BS. ie the Title of this thread. We should never be in the position that some bottom level program tests anything, but our back ups.

I am tired of the excuses that the game was close because of the brain trusts employed by these schools. If this is true ie "geniuses" get more bang for their buck with "lesser" talent then it this proves the point that we should have spent the big money to get these "gurus" to NU. Imagine if we had some of the recognized "gurus" here with our talent and facilities.