Fan skepticism and impatience

Offenses have changed so much just in the last 5 years. I think Bo is still finding the best way to combat this, and has obviously been unsuccessful thus far. Mike Leach and Chip Kelly have changed football, and it's bleeding over to the NFL.

I remember watching football when I was younger and watching teams do a 2 minute drill and score all the time. I remember thinking.. "Why don't they just do that all the time".

Spreading everyone out with 4 and 5wr puts the defense one on one. It's such a huge disadvantage when you consider your trying to cover someone who knows where they are going and your just trying to guess or stay with em the best you can.

Nick Saban doesn't seem to have a problem with figuring it out.

manziel-cutout.png

xxr3.png

OTNINPXNRTICNFM.20090831210114.jpg

Offenses have changed so much just in the last 5 years. I think Bo is still finding the best way to combat this, and has obviously been unsuccessful thus far. Mike Leach and Chip Kelly have changed football, and it's bleeding over to the NFL.

I remember watching football when I was younger and watching teams do a 2 minute drill and score all the time. I remember thinking.. "Why don't they just do that all the time".

Spreading everyone out with 4 and 5wr puts the defense one on one. It's such a huge disadvantage when you consider your trying to cover someone who knows where they are going and your just trying to guess or stay with em the best you can.

Nick Saban doesn't seem to have a problem with figuring it out.

manziel-cutout.png

xxr3.png

OTNINPXNRTICNFM.20090831210114.jpg

Did Bo win those?

• Fire 1

I am starting to see too many similarities to the Callahan era, and that makes me uncomfortable.

1. Giving up 600 yards 2. ???

I really hate being the negative one, and I know the first game of the season is too soon to get an idea of how good the team is, but these have seem to become much more of a trend recently.

2. Struggling with teams we are much more talented than

3. Not having fire and intensity every game (as admitted by players)

4. Getting out coached.

5. The offense having to carry the load.

6. This may be a bit of a stretch, but losing the connection with past players.

However, I do think that Bo is doing a hell of a job with the character of the team off the field. We don't have to worry about off the field issues,

grades, or NCAA violations. I actually like Bo alot and I want him to be the guy to get us a championship, but I'm starting to wonder how much time he needs.

It just might be me, but I will take no off field issues, good grades, no NCAA violations and 9+ wins every year. The great years will come.

I will also add that it may also be me, but I really don't like some of the other top coaches personalities. I like Bo's he is a straight shooter. I like coaches that aren't that comfortable with the media.

Urban Meyer is like a used car salesman to me, Same for Mac Brown.

Lane Kiffin is a punk

Chip Kelly always seemed a little too cocky, same for his brother Brian Kelly.

I do like

Nick Sabin this is Pelini in 20 years.

Spurrior has actually grown on me.

I like Brady Hoke, seems like a regular guy.

I am starting to see too many similarities to the Callahan era, and that makes me uncomfortable.

I really hate being the negative one, and I know the first game of the season is too soon to get an idea of how good the team is, but these have seem to become much more of a trend recently.

4. Getting out coached.

However, I do think that Bo is doing a hell of a job with the character of the team off the field. We don't have to worry about off the field issues,

grades, or NCAA violations. I actually like Bo alot and I want him to be the guy to get us a championship, but I'm starting to wonder how much time he needs.

2. I think Tom Osborne saw this coming back around the time the Big 12 was formed. There is parity now. Here's something to consider about the talent issue. In the 1990's, we had 5 or more players selected in the NFL draft every single year of that decade. Every single year. In more than a decade since then, we've had 5 or more players selected 3 times. Three......3. You may be saying this because of the tweet from J Turner. That's fine, I don't know if it's correct or not and I'm not sure anyone outside the locker room would know.......4. Probably some validity to this, we hired Bo with no head coaching experience......yet in his tenure he has won games like few other coaches in the NCAA have done......5. We were saying the exact opposite when we had a talented defense......6. I have no idea.

Since the discussion was about how Bo hasn't figured out today's offenses and Saban has, I would say yes it matters.
How about LSU - Alabama 2007? Pelini has scoreboard and trophy.
Bo was the HC at LSU in 2007?

You know I'm kiddin around right?

I'm just finding all these repetive discussion comical anymore. Damn we need another game.

Since the discussion was about how Bo hasn't figured out today's offenses and Saban has, I would say yes it matters.

How about LSU - Alabama 2007? Pelini has scoreboard and trophy.

Bo was the HC at LSU in 2007?

Nope. So I guess the board should also stop the Cosgrove comparisons. That would take away a few threads.

4. Getting out coached.

2. I think Tom Osborne saw this coming back around the time the Big 12 was formed. There is parity now. Here's something to consider about the talent issue. In the 1990's, we had 5 or more players selected in the NFL draft every single year of that decade. Every single year. In more than a decade since then, we've had 5 or more players selected 3 times. Three......3. You may be saying this because of the tweet from J Turner. That's fine, I don't know if it's correct or not and I'm not sure anyone outside the locker room would know.......4. Probably some validity to this, we hired Bo with no head coaching experience......yet in his tenure he has won games like few other coaches in the NCAA have done......5. We were saying the exact opposite when we had a talented defense......6. I have no idea.

2. I agree with you about the parity, but I just can't bring myself to believe that there isn't a large talent gap between NU and Wyoming.

3. I know as much as you do about the intensity level of the players, so I very easily could be wrong.

4. I do appreciate that Bo was able to make us respectable so quickly and has maintained that level, I was just expecting more of a progression by now.

5. Yes we were saying that, but the reason why TO picked Bo was because he would be able to fix the defense. It's supposed to be his specialty.

6. Please ignore this. The more I read it the more ridiculous it sounds.

7. I love numbering things!

4. Getting out coached.

2. No such thing as parity? It's a myth. :sarcasm Every team has some good players the space between the haves and have not's is very small. Seven 1AA teams beat 1A teams this weekend. That should tell you something.

3. I think this is a problem. I think in BP sometimes doesn't take teams as seriously and it does show with his players he doesn't preach taking everyone seriously enough.

Is there any chance that Bo and Co. are doing what we suspect other teams do against us? Could it be his focus has been on UCLA since camp started? Maybe not outright where it is a spoken thing, but more of a subtle "do what we need to win against Wyo, So Miss and focus on getting ready for the Bruins"? That would include throwing a ton of raw, new talent into the mix and letting them get a bruise or two so they are ready come week three?

Oooops..there I go being overly optimistic again...LOL.

Go Big Red!!!!!