Which team/conference will end the SEC dominance?

husker_99

Dominance in what way? Breaking the BCS NCG streak or just ending their all around dominance in general?

If we're just talking about the streak then I'd say that the team most likely to prevent an SEC team from winning the BCS NCG is another team from the SEC. They'll eventually cut each others throats so bad that no one will make it - it almost happened last year with Bama and in '07 to LSU. If you don't like that answer and want a team from another conference I'd say Ohio State. Oregon is good but doesn't have the depth, Stanford is methodical but would get burned. Ohio State has the talent and coaching.

I think the SEC will continue to "dominate" football for years to come simply because of demographics.

Dominance in what way? Breaking the BCS NCG streak or just ending their all around dominance in general?

If we're just talking about the streak then I'd say that the team most likely to prevent an SEC team from winning the BCS NCG is another team from the SEC. They'll eventually cut each others throats so bad that no one will make it - it almost happened last year with Bama and in '07 to LSU. If you don't like that answer and want a team from another conference I'd say Ohio State. Oregon is good but doesn't have the depth, Stanford is methodical but would get burned. Ohio State has the talent and coaching.

I think the SEC will continue to "dominate" football for years to come simply because of demographic ESPN.

The thing about them beating themselves, that's pretty unfair. Every other conference beats each other up, but the SEC gets massive poll preference and survives anyways. Broken system.

A lot of it has to do with then scheduling cupcakes later in the season so they can establish poll presence with big wins early on.

This may be the year of no SEC team in the National Championship. Alabama wasn't been overly impressive against a not good VT team. Les Miles will blow a game or two. Georgia looks like the best the East has to offer, and my Tigers would have beaten them by 10 had we not dropped to prevent defense at the end.

• Oregon or Stanford could make the BCS Champ game, depending on who takes the Pac 12.
  • Ohio State could also make it with a Big 10 Champ (I think the network is pulling for an Urban Meyer vs the SEC, if you ask me)
  • And God willing, if my Tigers win out, they deserve to be in the conversation bc that would mean wins over UGA, FSU, SCar and probably Miami in the ACC Champ game.

The idea of the SEC beating each other up is nice because it seems like they always have 4 to 6 teams in the top 10 at any given time, and a round robin of those teams would be brutal. Yet the top teams in conference rarely actually play each other. Alabama only has two ranked teams on their whole schedule. I would say that SEC conference schedules are not any more of a gauntlet than any other conference.

This may be the year of no SEC team in the National Championship.
ESPN will never allow this to happen.

I think this is the year. Let's just say A&M/Bama/LSU all beat each other somehow. No SEC team will be undefeated.

Personally, I don't see a B1G team beating OSU, and I see only Fla St. or Clemson beating the other...maybe even Oregon running the Pac12 table. You have 3 undefeated teams. I just can't see the voters allowing a 1 loss SEC team in over those 3.

This may be the year of no SEC team in the National Championship.
ESPN will never allow this to happen.

I think this is the year. Let's just say A&M/Bama/LSU all beat each other somehow. No SEC team will be undefeated.

Personally, I don't see a B1G team beating OSU, and I see only Fla St. or Clemson beating the other...maybe even Oregon running the Pac12 table. You have 3 undefeated teams. I just can't see the voters allowing a 1 loss SEC team in over those 3.

Alabama has had a loss in each of the last 2 national championships. So clearly the voters nor computers cared about those things.