Way under the Radar

I am I

Did anyone see Brian Kelly on a couple instances the other night and the way he was yelling at his players? Herb and Rustberger just chuckled it off. Now imagine if that was Bo that did that again, what they would say. What kind of story wouldve been on College Football scoreboard that night, and even sportscenter. It would be a story for the next week. If you dont think there is the slightest double standard, then youre obviously not paying attention.

Every time a controversial call goes against Nebraska - EVERY TIME - the camera shoots over to Bo. It's the story on him, and it's lazy journalism, but that's the story they sell.

Bo blew up on the sideline at A&M four years ago. But that's still the story they sell on him.

Youre right. It's "Bo cam".

Now I know I play this "ESPN hates Nebraska" card a lot. But most of it is honestly a smartass joke. Sure there is some obvious double standard, but not nearly to the degree that I bring up. I dont really believe ESPN hates Nebraska and purposely does things to undermine the program. (I do believe they overpromote the SEC, but that's another topic). But there sometimes it becomes clearly obvious that individuals (coughcoughdesmondhowardcoughcough) have something against Bo. That little story they did on Gameday last year about angry coaches (was after the Rutgers basketball or some other basketball coach that strangled a player or somethin-was a pretty big story) basically turned into a 5 minute rip on Bo session for Desmond. just a complete crock of sh#t. Then you see a guy like Brian Kelly. Brian makes Bo rant in College Station look like kum by ya with some of the obvious vile coming out of his mouth. Then theres Mark Dantonio. He acts like a complete ass at his pressers week in, week out. Oh, but he's just trying to motivate his players. It's just a deal I just dont understand. Of course, all surrounding around one incident nearly 3 years ago. Nothings happened since, yet the story just wont go away.

I can't stand Desmond Howard. He has the most obvious hatred for NU that I have seen from anyone on CFB Live. I remember him saying and I quote "If I were Taylor Martinez and my head coach spoke to me like that, I would slap the taste out of Bo Pelini's mouth." I remember thinking to myself that I am sure we could arrange for Bo to get in your face Des. Lets give this a shot.

I remember that too. He said it on CFL one day i beleive. I just remember laughing. Whatever Desmond.

I dont think he's got a hate for Nebraska. I truley believe it's a hate for Bo Pelini. They played at rival schools about the same time. One a safety. One a WR. I wonder if Bo cheapshotted Desmond or lit him up at some point. I really think there's something there that that little bitch cant let go of.

I will say, in addition to what's being said, that usually the live in-game commentators don't have much of a critique of Bo's sideline demeanor. They might mention how he's really angry and have a chuckle or two about it, but during the actual games there's hardly anything said in a negative light about him. It's the articles and the round table discussions and the camera work that are to blame.

Just tweeted at Des. Lets see what he says.

What'd you say?

No twitter here.

it gives me a headache.

I asked him "What is your issue with Bo Pelini? Remember when you said you'd slap the taste outa his mouth? Can I call your bluff?"

He retweeted LandLord!

When I tweet I become a 14 year old

James Wightman@James_Wightman1h

@DesmondHoward yo man why you hate bo pelini what did he do to you are you bitter because he's from OSU stop slandering people's names bro

James Wightman@James_Wightman33m

@DesmondHoward seriously tho whats your beef against an honorable coach with integrity in a sport that's lacking it? WHAT WOULD JESUS DO DES

Desmond Howard@DesmondHoward1h

@James_Wightman No hate. I have no idea where you got that from.

James Wightman@James_Wightman1m

@DesmondHoward @EthanBartels I got it from your 5 minute whinefest on Gameday last year comparing him to the Rutgers ball coach #classy

• Fire 1