Game 3 "Expert" Picks: UCLA vs. Nebraska

ADS

I am not saying we won't but we are playing a much much more talented team than we faced in the prior two games. Every player across that line is better than what they have faced.

I agree with you and they have four returning starters across their OLine. It is always nice to have guys that have another year of experience on the field. However, lets not forget that that is an OLine that gave up 52 sacks last season and they haven't seen a DL more talented than ours since last December or January.

The other starter is a true freshman as well.

here's a little nugget: Papuchis and Pelini, like their players, have insisted this week that winning or losing provides the ultimate judgment. If the Bruins put up big stats but Nebraska gets the win, they say, good enough.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/83661/young-huskers-defense-under-gun-vs-ucla

I feel like Bo Pelini is skating on this ice and just seeing how much they can get away with. I didn't know now that our defense giving up 600+ yard plus on defense was acceptable to any team?

OFFENSE X Devin Lucien - So* OR Jordan Payton - So Eldridge Massington - Fr F Devin Fuller - So Jalen Ortiz - Fr Ahmaad Harris - Fr* LT Simon Goines - So Conor McDermott - Fr*

LG Xavier Su'a-Filo - Jr Kenny Lacy - Fr C Jake Brendel - So* Carl Hulick - Fr* Scott Quessenberry - Fr RG Caleb Benenoch - Fr, OR Alex Redmond - Fr RT Torian White - So* Ben Wysocki - So* Y Darius Bell - Sr* Grayson Mazzone - Sr* Thomas Duarte - Fr bY Jordan Barrett - Sr* Tre' Hale - Jr* QB Brett Hundley - So* Jerry Neuheisel - Fr* Mike Fafaul - Fr* FB Phillip Ruhl - Jr* Nate Iese - Fr* Luke Gane - Jr* TB Jordon James - Jr* Steven Manfro - So* Paul Perkins - Fr* Z Shaquelle Evans - Sr* Logan Sweet - Fr* Darren Andrews - Fr

Here was their depth chart released prior to the Nevada game. To be honest, on their OL they may have one year on all of our redshirt freshman. That is roughly it.

It isn't like they aren't inexperienced in spots either.

I actually like our matchups more now having seen this.

here's a little nugget: Papuchis and Pelini, like their players, have insisted this week that winning or losing provides the ultimate judgment. If the Bruins put up big stats but Nebraska gets the win, they say, good enough.

http://espn.go.com/b...der-gun-vs-ucla

I feel like Bo Pelini is skating on this ice and just seeing how much they can get away with. I didn't know now that our defense giving up 600+ yard plus on defense was acceptable to any team?

Ya know...winning is the goal. Right? So I'm not sure that I have a problem with the mantra of "just win baby". On D in the end it's points not yards. That is pretty simple we all know that. Now yards correlate to points duh so in that respect we all hate yards but in the end it is clear it is points that count.

Your post is a reach.

If we give up 600 yards a game but go 14-0 I am absolutely fine with that. What are we going to do? Not accept the trophy?

Your post is a reach.

If we give up 600 yards a game but go 14-0 I am absolutely fine with that. What are we going to do? Not accept the trophy?

Now who's reaching. our defense giving up 600 yards a game we aren't going to win very many of those.

Your post is a reach.

Now who's reaching. our defense giving up 600 yards a game we aren't going to win very many of those.

You aren't taking into account the offensive output. Sure, it makes things tougher for our offense, but not impossible.

I in no way want our defense to give up 600 yards a game, lets make that clear. But the stretch came in where you said "I feel like Bo Pelini is skating on this ice to just see how much they can get away with."

Ya know...winning is the goal. Right? So I'm not sure that I have a problem with the mantra of "just win baby". On D in the end it's points not yards. That is pretty simple we all know that. Now yards correlate to points duh so in that respect we all hate yards but in the end it is clear it is points that count.

I understand that but if you are giving up a lot of yards your defense is going to get gassed cause they are on the field too long. defense is always going to be the deciding factor in a win or loss.

OFFENSE

X Devin Lucien - So* OR Jordan Payton - So Eldridge Massington - Fr

F Devin Fuller - So Jalen Ortiz - Fr Ahmaad Harris - Fr*

LT Simon Goines - So Conor McDermott - Fr*

LG Xavier Su'a-Filo - Jr Kenny Lacy - Fr

C Jake Brendel - So* Carl Hulick - Fr* Scott Quessenberry - Fr

RG Caleb Benenoch - Fr, OR Alex Redmond - Fr

RT Torian White - So* Ben Wysocki - So*

Y Darius Bell - Sr* Grayson Mazzone - Sr* Thomas Duarte - Fr

bY Jordan Barrett - Sr* Tre' Hale - Jr*

QB Brett Hundley - So* Jerry Neuheisel - Fr* Mike Fafaul - Fr*

FB Phillip Ruhl - Jr* Nate Iese - Fr* Luke Gane - Jr*

TB Jordon James - Jr* Steven Manfro - So* Paul Perkins - Fr*

Z Shaquelle Evans - Sr* Logan Sweet - Fr* Darren Andrews - Fr

Here was their depth chart released prior to the Nevada game. To be honest, on their OL they may have one year on all of our redshirt freshman. That is roughly it.

It isn't like they aren't inexperienced in spots either.

I actually like our matchups more now having seen this.

That's my point. Some people are claiming we are going to struggle because we are so young. We really aren't that much different than who we are playing.

Your post is a reach.

You aren't taking into account the offensive output. Sure, it makes things tougher for our offense, but not impossible.

I in no way want our defense to give up 600 yards a game, lets make that clear. But the stretch came in where you said "I feel like Bo Pelini is skating on this ice to just see how much they can get away with."

No it's not a stretch his bend but don't break philosophy on defense has been breaking quite a lot.

Your post is a reach.

Points are points yards are yards yesterday is yesterday.

Be negative if you wish but at least understand that points and yards are not the same.

I get it Bo's D has not impressed for 2 years I get that. I get it. But at least be fair and focus on points and not years.

• Fire 2

I understand that but if you are giving up a lot of yards your defense is going to get gassed cause they are on the field too long. defense is always going to be the deciding factor in a win or loss.

Actually the points on the scoreboard are the deciding factor.

name me some games where an offense put up 600 yards on offense and scored very little?