Lets sleep on it

Hey Everyone,

First off, hello to all of you. Im not a big poster here, or anywhere for that matter.(especially if i have to pay 20$ a year to do it)

Second, Im as torn up about what happened today as anyone. It really hurt to be sooo encouraged by the level of play in the 1st half, and then watch the wheels come off in the second.

Third, I dont have any answers other than this: NONE OF US ARE AS BROKEN RIGHT NOW AS THOSE KIDS ARE! They are just kids, and the first half showed that they put alot of their hearts into prepping for this week. And they still didnt figure out what it takes to play a 60 minute game of football. Can you imagine what that must feel like?

Look, my point is this:

The players have the coaches and their own thoughts to break down how they failed today. Those kids read ALOT of what goes on sites like this, and I truly think they let it get in their heads. Especially at a time like this.

Its time to stop and take a breath folks. Its time for us as fans to evaluate ourselves. We love College Football, but there are two words there: College & Football. As a Husker fan, which of them matters more to you?

As the lifeblood of this proud program & tradition, isnt it us, the fans, who should be thinking long term about these young mens lives? Shouldnt we be the parental figures that pick em up, dust em off, and keep teaching them what it really means to be from Nebraska?

Thanks for your time. My name is Tony. I dont always have answers, but when i do, Its because I always ask questions.

• Fire 2

Hey Everyone,

First off, hello to all of you. Im not a big poster here, or anywhere for that matter.(especially if i have to pay 20$ a year to do it)

Second, Im as torn up about what happened today as anyone. It really hurt to be sooo encouraged by the level of play in the 1st half, and then watch the wheels come off in the second.

Third, I dont have any answers other than this: NONE OF US ARE AS BROKEN RIGHT NOW AS THOSE KIDS ARE! They are just kids, and the first half showed that they put alot of their hearts into prepping for this week. And they still didnt figure out what it takes to play a 60 minute game of football. Can you imagine what that must feel like?

Look, my point is this:

The players have the coaches and their own thoughts to break down how they failed today. Those kids read ALOT of what goes on sites like this, and I truly think they let it get in their heads. Especially at a time like this.

Its time to stop and take a breath folks. Its time for us as fans to evaluate ourselves. We love College Football, but there are two words there: College & Football. As a Husker fan, which of them matters more to you?

As the lifeblood of this proud program & tradition, isnt it us, the fans, who should be thinking long term about these young mens lives? Shouldnt we be the parental figures that pick em up, dust em off, and keep teaching them what it really means to be from Nebraska?

Thanks for your time. My name is Tony. I dont always have answers, but when i do, Its because I always ask questions.

Important thing for us to take note of. Thanks for posting this.

Look, my point is this:

The players have the coaches and each other, as fans we have this board. If they don't like what we are saying, don't visit the board. They should care more about each other and the team than what a bunch anonymous; fans, posters, and armchair coaches have to say.

I agree with a lot of what is said in the OP. EXCEPT.....

These are not kids. They are grown men. They are all over 18 and signed up for a tremendous opportunity. Do we as fans put too much on their plate? You betcha. And most of the time it is severely unwarranted. But they are not kids. Most of them would sh#t their pants if they were in the situations that many 18-22 year olds in this country are in.

• Fire 1

Look, my point is this:

The players have the coaches and each other, as fans we have this board. If they don't like what we are saying, don't visit the board. They should care more about each other and the team than what a bunch anonymous; fans, posters, and armchair coaches have to say.

Fair point. However, I keep seeing stories in the real press that mention that everyone of those kids has ipad. If i was that age, with that ease of access, dont know how I would avoid at least taking a peek. Ever gone down a wikipedia rabbithole?

Im only saying that this team is young, with lots of potential. And its not helpful for this fanbase to be this toxic.

Good on ya, mate!

They are not grown men, they are spoiled children, that are used to having their way. I know you are talking about military service men. They are men, taken the responsibility, these are kids playing a game. Please do not compare the two.

I am NOT comparing them to military. What gave you that idea. When I was 18 and graduated high school and dropped out of college (cuz I was bored) and proceeded to help run a business and bought a house at 20, I had plenty of responsibility without being military. They may be spoiled, but a 60 year old can be spoiled too. Mature or not, they are 18-22 year olds, living on their own at college. They are not kids, and I will argue to the fact until the day I day. They are grown ass men.

This has nothing to do with military.

• Fire 1

Look, my point is this:

Fair point. However, I keep seeing stories in the real press that mention that everyone of those kids has ipad. If i was that age, with that ease of access, dont know how I would avoid at least taking a peek. Ever gone down a wikipedia rabbithole?

Im only saying that this team is young, with lots of potential. And its not helpful for this fanbase to be this toxic.

Good on ya, mate!

It's certainly not helpful for the team to play in a way that makes the fan base toxic, though. I understand that the players are in a pressure cooker like no other in college football save for a couple of programs. That's a lot to place on the shoulders of the players.

Look, my point is this:

Good on ya, mate!

I know this is easier said, but those guys should be playing for the team, each other, and their coaches. If they aren't disciplined and mentally tough enough to leave this and other sites alone, then maybe we shouldn't be surprised at their performance on the field.

I think a better analogy would be to compare this sites impact on the players, with WebMDs impact on a hypochondriac.

Look, my point is this:

Good on ya, mate!

I know this is easier said, but those guys should be playing for the team, each other, and their coaches. If they aren't disciplined and mentally tough enough to leave this and other sites alone, then maybe we shouldn't be surprised at their performance on the field.

I think a better analogy would be to compare this sites impact on the players, with WebMDs impact on a hypochondriac.

Its not just this sites impact, its cumalitive. Im just not gonna pay to say it. those kids are better at seeing AAALLL of the internet stuff, just a guess.