Lets sleep on it

Look, my point is this:

The players have the coaches and their own thoughts to break down how they failed today. Those kids read ALOT of what goes on sites like this, and I truly think they let it get in their heads. Especially at a time like this.

Its time to stop and take a breath folks. Its time for us as fans to evaluate ourselves. We love College Football, but there are two words there: College & Football. As a Husker fan, which of them matters more to you?

The players have the coaches and each other, as fans we have this board. If they don't like what we are saying, don't visit the board. They should care more about each other and the team than what a bunch anonymous; fans, posters, and armchair coaches have to say.

Fair point. However, I keep seeing stories in the real press that mention that everyone of those kids has ipad. If i was that age, with that ease of access, dont know how I would avoid at least taking a peek. Ever gone down a wikipedia rabbithole?

Im only saying that this team is young, with lots of potential. And its not helpful for this fanbase to be this toxic.

Good on ya, mate!

I know this is easier said, but those guys should be playing for the team, each other, and their coaches. If they aren't disciplined and mentally tough enough to leave this and other sites alone, then maybe we shouldn't be surprised at their performance on the field.

I think a better analogy would be to compare this sites impact on the players, with WebMDs impact on a hypochondriac.

you made my wife laugh at me Thanks. :)

You know what? If a kid is angling for a academic scholarship, effort and heart and all that is thrown out the window and it comes down to test scores and grades. No one gets a scholarhsip with a 9 on the ACT test and everybody saying, "Well, he gave it his best and put a lot of heart into getting that 9." You either produce high grades and impressive test scores or you find some other way to go to college...period.

So why does a guy (kids are under the age of 18, by the way...ask any draftee from Vietnam on back) with a football scholarhsip get a pass for not performing? Sometimes, it is just that easy. You have to take care of business and get results. A loss isn't inexcusable, but the second half begs an explanation that I can't even fathom would be sufficient for what we saw.

My thanks to my son who called this analogy to my attention.

• Fire 1

You know what? If a kid is angling for a academic scholarship, effort and heart and all that is thrown out the window and it comes down to test scores and grades. No one gets a scholarhsip with a 9 on the ACT test and everybody saying, "Well, he gave it his best and put a lot of heart into getting that 9." You either produce high grades and impressive test scores or you find some other way to go to college...period.

So why does a guy (kids are under the age of 18, by the way...ask any draftee from Vietnam on back) with a football scholarhsip get a pass for not performing? Sometimes, it is just that easy. You have to take care of business and get results. A loss isn't inexcusable, but the second half begs an explanation that I can't even fathom would be sufficient for what we saw.

My thanks to my son who called this analogy to my attention.

because this isnt war, its a game. And it is a university's job to earn that money(SCHOLARSHIP OR NOT) by providing what they offered to the children they promised to turn into adults.

I already slept on it. Took a nap after the game while watching the first half of A&M-Bama. Simply tired of the blowout losses and the refusal to change a system that has been proven over and over and over again not to work. (referencing the 2-high safeties and the way we play on the D-Line) Then add in the epic brain-fart that Beck had the entire 2nd half, and yeah, there's plenty to be upset about. Throw the goddamn shotgun formation out the window, because it's a fluffy puss formation. Line up with a freakin' fullback and run the damn football, then play action out of it to keep the defense honest. It's stupid to try and be "multiple" on offense when it dilutes the strongest part of our offense, which is our power run game.