Better Fanbases than Nebraska

carlfense

Thoughts? I can't really think of any. Our sellout records, our traveling fans, the commentary from fans of opposing teams, etc. seem to indicate that we are second to none.

Maybe Oklahoma? Never really heard anything bad about them during the rivalry days. I think we earn that label more for the hospitality we show on gameday towards opposing fans. I've never been to an an away game that is better. Kinda like going to a NASCAR race, doesn't matter who your driver is, everyone will offer you a beer.

Well, let me ammend that. He's not going anywhere if he's willing to make changes on defense, specifically getting an experienced D coordinator and letting him do his job. If he's not willing to do that, the chances of him leaving go up. His comments are a non factor.

Well, then. That's quite the hedge from "he's not going anywhere." ;)

Thoughts? I can't really think of any. Our sellout records, our traveling fans, the commentary from fans of opposing teams, etc. seem to indicate that we are second to none.

Maybe Oklahoma? Never really heard anything bad about them during the rivalry days. I think we earn that label more for the hospitality we show on gameday towards opposing fans. I've never been to an an away game that is better. Kinda like going to a NASCAR race, doesn't matter who your driver is, everyone will offer you a beer.

Disagree - living here in Okla I saw it first hand- when OU was down - so was their fan base. They are vocal and boastful when things go well but the 1990s showed how much of the fan base is fair weather. Our fan base is much more loyal. I talked to an OU and a A/M fan here today and they couldn't believe that on big games we'd get well over 200 fans at the Ok Cornhusker Club in Tulsa (not to mention those in the Bartlesville and OKC clubs). While the BC years were hard, our fans were loyal and the sell out streak continued - not so at OU. Also, wt the evolution of mid-game Stoops, the OKla Thunder has grabbed a lot of loyalty - the sooners are no longer the only game in town. OSU lite is also more competitive so many marginal OU fans have turned towards the cowboys.

Now I will agree that OU fans always had respect for NU (vs hatred towards texass) even if we fans weren't always treated that way in the stadium.

I really don't think there are any. At least not in terms of loyalty (insert coastal har hars about how there's nothing to do in Nebraska). There's a lot to unpack with the claim of "greatest" fans. I like to think we're the classiest fan base in terms of how our guests are treated, but I'll let our guests make that claim, if they feel so inclined.

But in terms of fan loyalty, no, I've thought about it for a good 2 minutes now and there's no other fan base that has a track record of constant support like Nebraska's.

I read this article this morning. The thesis is pretty foggy. I guess he's saying that, since some fans got angry about Bo giving them the "f#*k you", that Nebraska doesn't have the best fans. It's pretty poorly argued.

I love it when people point out bad behavior and then use it in attempt to show Nebraska doesn't have good fans. When people see booing or yelling at players or leaving early or Cosgrove death threats or whatever else then say "Greatest Fans... yeah right!" Guess what? Every major fan base that's ever existed has included the following: murderers, rapists, child molesters, robbers, drug dealers, extortionists, thieves, tax evaders, bullies and speeders. To point to this behavior and judge the fan base by it is, of course, absurd.

I don't know if we have "The Greatest Fans in College Football" but I'd say we're at least pretty close.