Oregon already worried about losing Scott Frost

HuskerExpat

I must be reeee tar ded because although I appreciate Scott and his stint with us as a QB but really :dunno ?

Has some of our fan base gone over the edge so far that we would again place someone who has no head coaching experience at the helm? I don't get it guys?

Risk vs. Reward?

And yes, I realize that this is what we did with Bo but that's my point? How long are the fans willing to wait to get back to National relevance?

First things first BP has not been fired or left the program. IMO Frost would love the job. Can he do the job? Sure why not. No HC experience is a wee bit overrated. Oregon's last 3 HC have had no HC experience before they got the job. Chris Peterson, Bob Stoops, TO, Barry Switzer, are a few others just off the top of my head.

Oh, yeah a guy by the name of Bill Snyder took the worst program in the history of college football and turned it into a highly respected program on his first and only HC job. He did this after countless coaches with previous HC experience failed.

The right fit is the most important thing.

Well, a lot of our own fanbase has traveled rather quickly between worrying about losing Pelini or Beck to promotion and wanting him fired. I don't know how much of Oregon is actually worried about losing Frost to a HC gig somewhere yet, but if they have a few weak games, they might be just as quick to want him canned. Fans are funny that way. Let's see him put an entire resume together first.

when the op says 'oregon already worried', who, precisely, is he/she referring to as 'oregon'? just some blogger?

I visit ducks boards all the time, and I asked one of the boards what they thought of Frost etc, and if he ever left. The general consensus is that they love him, but if he left they wouldn't freak out because the system always stays the same there in Eugene. They just bring in another guy while promoting a guy already there. Its the "oregon way" as it has been referred to lately.

edit: continuity of coaching staff is a big deal.

Promotin buddies within???. damn, no wonder they suck..........err............what?

I must be reeee tar ded because although I appreciate Scott and his stint with us as a QB but really :dunno ?

Has some of our fan base gone over the edge so far that we would again place someone who has no head coaching experience at the helm? I don't get it guys?

Risk vs. Reward?

And yes, I realize that this is what we did with Bo but that's my point? How long are the fans willing to wait to get back to National relevance?

It would be verrrrrrrrrrrry rare to see a first time OC go to become a head coach and lead NEB to a BCS title game, i.e. Fiesta, Orange, etc. in his first year. Very rare and very risky IMO. I know plenty of fans have wanted Chris Peterson from Boise St. I think he could possibly do some great things at NU, he has a great resume and does very well with the talent that he is given.

when the op says 'oregon already worried', who, precisely, is he/she referring to as 'oregon'? just some blogger?

I visit ducks boards all the time, and I asked one of the boards what they thought of Frost etc, and if he ever left. The general consensus is that they love him, but if he left they wouldn't freak out because the system always stays the same there in Eugene. They just bring in another guy while promoting a guy already there. Its the "oregon way" as it has been referred to lately.

edit: continuity of coaching staff is a big deal.

Promotin buddies within???. damn, no wonder they suck..........err............what?

:rollin

Bo will be gone by the end of the season if h does not win the big ten or go the game nebraska needs to attack kirby smart hard scott would be good but nebraska needs a new defensive coordinator.

Randy shannon. would be nice

An SEC DC to become the new head coach at NU. Sounds familiar.

I don't care who the Head Coach is as long as we pay to get a really good OC & DC. Hire Scott & give him a big budget to hire a really good staff.

Are you guys nuts? Scott is a great guy and folks in Eugene like him a lot, but he is not ready for a Head Coach position. Why would you set up someone again to fail? I live in Portland, OR and this am on the way out the door my neighbor catches me and says, "so whats' with that Pelini guy?" ............ then he backs off and says, "hey, I'm really sorry man!" I guess I must have given him a look like this is really starting to get personal........I guess people around the country are now kind of laughing at the Huskers because of Pelini's behavior both on and off the field.

I kind of laugh at Oregon's jerseys every week.

Ha! Me too. I especially laughed at the John Deere ones!

We Huskers would be laughing at the back side of those John Deer Green Jerseys because we don't have one kid on the whole Husker Squad that could keep up with the Oregon Team Speed. I've got degrees from NU and Oregon, took a long while to warm up to the Ducks, but with this crap happening in Lincoln, I'm really starting to like the Ducks. Holy Cow, folks out here know I love the Huskers and they are really treating this gingerly because they know how bad it is for me. How can the University Management keep letting us shoot ourselves in the foot? Don't they get paid to manage risk?