The dirtiest and cleanest teams in college football.

Excel

Begin "Wisconsin is trashy and has no class" discussion...

Not the team, just the fans ;)

Like when their linebacker suplexed Martinez in the CCG last season when the game was already in hand?

Justified retribution for Kenny Bell's vicious and dirty block on a defenseless player who was trying to make a tackle.

FIFY

Dirty is still dirty, regardless of rules. Was Borland's hit especially motivated? Sure. Dirty? Maybe. If that makes him a dirty player then Bell absolutely is as well...and if you're applying that to the entire program, as you pretty clearly implied in your post, then what do Bell, Dennard and Suh say about NU?

For the record, I don't think that Nebraska plays dirty, I'm just asking you to apply a single standard across the board. If you do then you have to say that NU is much dirtier than UW.

• Fire 2

Dirty is still dirty, regardless of rules. Was Borland's hit especially motivated? Sure. Dirty? Maybe. If that makes him a dirty player then Bell absolutely is as well...and if you're applying that to the entire program, as you pretty clearly implied in your post, then what do Bell, Dennard and Suh say about NU?

For the record, I don't think that Nebraska plays dirty, I'm just asking you to apply a single standard across the board. If you do then you have to say that NU is much dirtier than UW.

I never said he was a dirty player. Yes, I think that it was a dirty play, but Im sure he doesn't play like that all the time. I also thought it was dirty when one of our players punched a Missouri fan years ago. Nebraska has had their share of dirty players in the past.

Now, MSU on the other hand, I see dirty play on a consistent basis.

I never said he was a dirty player. Yes, I think that it was a dirty play, but Im sure he doesn't play like that all the time. I also thought it was dirty when one of our players punched a Missouri fan years ago. Nebraska has had their share of dirty players in the past.

Ok so answer me then, was Bell's block dirty?

• Fire 2

not even close

• Fire 1

No, it was the type of football play he grew up doing. You can't just expect a player to change years of habits bc of a rule change. Which is why you see so many players in the NFL still getting fined for illegal hits.

You will continue to see those hits until these players retire and the younger generation comes in...if coaches are teaching these new tackling rules in pee wee.

• Fire 1

Hmmm

Borland's was an arm tackle on a ball-carrier attempting to pass him (not some defenseless QB sitting in the pocket) on which no flag was thrown and Martinez was on his feet within 15 seconds...in the time in between NU's Long started a shoving match with UW players.

Bell's was a helmet-to-helmet hit at high speed on a defenseless non-ball carrier that knocked Smith on to the ground, motionless for minutes, unable to speak for the rest of the night, and on which a flag was thrown.

I guess we'll have to disagree then.

• Fire 2

Hmmm

Borland's was an arm tackle on a ball-carrier attempting to pass him (not some defenseless QB sitting in the pocket) on which no flag was thrown and Martinez was on his feet within 15 seconds...in the time in between NU's Long started a shoving match with UW players.

Bell's was a helmet-to-helmet hit at high speed on a defenseless non-ball carrier that knocked Smith on to the ground, motionless for minutes, unable to speak for the rest of the night, and on which a flag was thrown.

bullsh#t. and no I don't care about the Borland tackle either.

Hmmm

He's only defenseless because he's not paying attention.That's on him,not Bell.It was a clean hit.It's football,not ballet.

Hmmm

bullsh#t. and no I don't care about the Borland tackle either.

I'm getting sick of discussing this because its off-topic, old and its been discussed ad nauseum here and elsewhere.

That said, you can both hear the helmet on helmet (1m11s) and see it (1m16s):

• Fire 1

Hmmm

Did you even watch the play? It wasn't even close to helmet to helmet. If Bell hit his helmet then why did the guy's head snap forward?

kenny-bell2-12-1-12.gif

Bucky, your trolling skills have severely atrophied since your trip to the desert. You used to be able to get a rise out of Husker fans. Now they chortle at your message board ineptitude. :lol:

• Fire 2

Looks and sounds like helmet to helmet to me...and no I didn't watch the game at the time and I wasn't around for the debate that followed, both nationally and here on HB.

I'm basing my opinion on what I can see on youtube. We see it differently as of course we should, we like different teams.

Anyhow, I'm done with this. Its something we could debate endlessly without ever reaching a consensus so I'll admit defeat to finish it. This and other threads are making me angry for some reason and I'm not enjoying HB like I used to so there. Embrace your victory and wallow in it or go back to discussing my OP. Whatever.

• Fire 1
Looks and sounds like helmet to helmet to me...and no I didn't watch the game at the time and I wasn't around for the debate that followed, both nationally and here on HB.

I'm basing my opinion on what I can see on youtube. We see it differently as of course we should, we like different teams.

Anyhow, I'm done with this. Its something we could debate endlessly without ever reaching a consensus so I'll admit defeat to finish it. This and other threads are making me angry for some reason and I'm not enjoying HB like I used to so there. Embrace your victory and wallow in it or go back to discussing my OP. Whatever.

Looks and sounds like helmet to helmet? Anyone with eyes can see that the helmets do not touch. Why do you always try to stir sh#t up? Anyways I watched the ASU-wisky game and man that was some terrible clock management. I could have gotten a spike off with 18 seconds left.