Like I said, we could hire a guy like that and sell our souls to win, but then you may as well take the "In the Deed, the Glory," off of those stadium walls.

I agree with that. We did try a guy outside of our usual comfort zone (Billy Callahan) and that obviously didn't work out that well. All I'm saying is that I wouldn't be surprised if we pursued avenues like Petrino, and personally, I don't think it tarnishes Nebraska if they went with a guy like Petrino. "The process" certainly worked for Nebraska in the past and we hear Pelini preach it all the time now. But, if the process doesn't produce results, we get into a position we're in now of how much time do we devote to a coach to right the ship?

Again, this is mostly just me speaking out of sheer curiosity if Nebraska would pursue a guy like Petrino. If Pelini doesn't work out, or works out and retires, Eichorst seems like the type of AD that would be able to pull in a great hire that's outside of "the process" mold. Lots of hypotheticals but this whole thread is based on it anyways lol.

I want this program to represent everything that is still good about college football. They can cheat all they want to down south but I hope that we remain above that. Stanford is a perfect model for what I want our program to be like.

If Petrino could do it, so be it. I'm not above giving second chances for things that have happened in the past.

Im with you on this. I just find it funny that since that tape came out...actually since TA&M in 2010, Ive seen so many times on this board about how Pelini is an embarrassment to this University, but then we'd be okay with hiring one of the sleaziest coaches in the business. Id say Petrino, after how he left Atlanta, was in the same category as Lane Kiffin. And then the whole thing happened at Arkansas.

If you want to fire Pelini because of the blowout loses, that's fine. But if you want to fire him because of the way he acts on the sidelines and then say we should hire Petrino or Tressel, that's absurd.

What was it Tressel did?

He resigned didn't he. Quite frankly I don't see anything wrong at all with what Tressel did, I went through all the gangsta crap of the 90s here and a couple tattoo's seem rather innocent compared to that. For those worried Treesel brings sanctions in reality he brings this .....he was given a five-year show-cause penalty (until December 19, 2016). If he gets another head coaching job before then, he will have to sit out the first five games of the first regular season of his return, as well as any postseason games (including conference championship games and bowl games

Being forced to resign is the PC way of saying you're fired. But you can think of it anyway you want.

And to the bolded part, you may think he didn't do anything wrong, but he broke the rules and lied about it. And because of it, it cost OSU a possible MNC last year.

What was the dastardly deed Tressel did?

Like I said, we could hire a guy like that and sell our souls to win, but then you may as well take the "In the Deed, the Glory," off of those stadium walls.

I agree with that. We did try a guy outside of our usual comfort zone (Billy Callahan) and that obviously didn't work out that well. All I'm saying is that I wouldn't be surprised if we pursued avenues like Petrino, and personally, I don't think it tarnishes Nebraska if they went with a guy like Petrino. "The process" certainly worked for Nebraska in the past and we hear Pelini preach it all the time now. But, if the process doesn't produce results, we get into a position we're in now of how much time do we devote to a coach to right the ship?

Again, this is mostly just me speaking out of sheer curiosity if Nebraska would pursue a guy like Petrino. If Pelini doesn't work out, or works out and retires, Eichorst seems like the type of AD that would be able to pull in a great hire that's outside of "the process" mold. Lots of hypotheticals but this whole thread is based on it anyways lol.

I want this program to represent everything that is still good about college football. They can cheat all they want to down south but I hope that we remain above that. Stanford is a perfect model for what I want our program to be like.

If Petrino could do it, so be it. I'm not above giving second chances for things that have happened in the past.

Im with you on this. I just find it funny that since that tape came out...actually since TA&M in 2010, Ive seen so many times on this board about how Pelini is an embarrassment to this University, but then we'd be okay with hiring one of the sleaziest coaches in the business. Id say Petrino, after how he left Atlanta, was in the same category as Lane Kiffin. And then the whole thing happened at Arkansas.

If you want to fire Pelini because of the blowout loses, that's fine. But if you want to fire him because of the way he acts on the sidelines and then say we should hire Petrino or Tressel, that's absurd.

What was it Tressel did?

Broke NCAA rules. But you already knew that, you're just trolling me now.

Just because you may not think he did anything wrong. And just because the NCAA is corrupt doesn't mean he didn't do anything wrong. And like I said in my last post, it cost OSU a shot at the title.

If I'm understanding you correctly you're calling me a liar and a troll. that's fine, I don't have my head shoved up my ass and think Pelini is a real coach with his clown posse staff and blowout losses every year he's coached here including 2003. He will be gone just because he can't resist being terrible at recruiting/ determining talent/hiring a real staff/ stopping the run/ acting a fool on the sideline/ game planning/ preparing our players for un ranked teams all at the same time he tell's you the fan to go "F" yourself. He's a top class buffoon

We get it - you don't like Pelini.

He's our head coach, though, and this thread is about who we'd want in a hypothetical world. If you have nothing to contribute in that realm, then please take the Pelini hate elsewhere. I have no problem with your opinion but it serves no purpose than to derail this thread. Thank you.

• Fire 1

Oregon surpassed the Huskers a long, long time ago

With their zero national championships in football?

Oregon surpassed the Huskers a long, long time ago

With their zero national championships in football?

Minnesota Golden Gophers have 7 National Championships, I'd say Oregon has surpassed them as well

• Fire 1

If I'm understanding you correctly you're calling me a liar and a troll. that's fine, I don't have my head shoved up my ass and think Pelini is a real coach with his clown posse staff and blowout losses every year he's coached here including 2003. He will be gone just because he can't resist being terrible at recruiting/ determining talent/hiring a real staff/ stopping the run/ acting a fool on the sideline/ game planning/ preparing our players for un ranked teams all at the same time he tell's you the fan to go "F" yourself. He's a top class buffoon

He's our head coach, though, and this thread is about who we'd want in a hypothetical world. If you have nothing to contribute in that realm, then please take the Pelini hate elsewhere. I have no problem with your opinion but it serves no purpose than to derail this thread. Thank you.

I gave my opinion pages ago, I said Tressel and several saw this a rational, which at this point if we want to be relevant again,it's our only real option, that is if he would come here, he may take the USC gig, who knows. You feel my opinion means nothing so I guess we're even

I've been serving a suspension from this board but it doesn't mean I haven't been reading it. I saw a whole clan of posters join after UCLA to basically do nothing but take cheap shots at the program and that is literally all I have seen you do here since I've encountered you.

I could pick apart your post, however I wanna give you just enough rope to hang yourself with before I do it. I'd enjoy bullet points and specifics of what you are speaking of.

I've got all night.

Broke NCAA rules. But you already knew that, you're just trolling me now.

Just because you may not think he did anything wrong. And just because the NCAA is corrupt doesn't mean he didn't do anything wrong. And like I said in my last post, it cost OSU a shot at the title.

I'm not trolling you I asked you a reasonable question and you still didn't answer it, you state the NCAA is corrupt......what this has to do with Tressel I have no idea. I know exactly what Tressel did and have zero problem with it, in fact, he took one for the team (tOSU) actually. I see Johnny Football is still playing, maybe his coach should resign as well

I gave my opinion pages ago, I said Tressel and several saw this a rational, which at this point if we want to be relevant again,it's our only real option, that is if he would come here, he may take the USC gig, who knows. You feel my opinion means nothing so I guess we're even

Is this you playing the victim? Or you not reading carefully?

I've been serving a suspension from this board but it doesn't mean I haven't been reading it. I saw a whole clan of posters join after UCLA to basically do nothing but take cheap shots at the program and that is literally all I have seen you do here since I've encountered you.

I could pick apart your post, however I wanna give you just enough rope to hang yourself with before I do it. I'd enjoy bullet points and specifics of what you are speaking of.

I've got all night.

Well take all night and go back as far as you want, I'll be around here in a couple hours to see how badly you pick me apart. You may want to go study up a little on Husker history first, By the way, Ive been here for years as well so have at it

Couldn't quote your post from my phone. Use bullet points to highlight the specifics that prove your point about our "clown staff" and our "inability to recruit" etc. I want you to give me specifics. Then I'll be more than happy to pick your post apart top to bottom.

I can play any way you want me to play, I read very carefully and must admit It takes a real "tradition coalition" to impress me. You might be better off to go get some rest and let some big guns come here and fight for Pelinis honor

I can play any way you want me to play, I read very carefully and must admit It takes a real "tradition coalition" to impress me. You might be better off to go get some rest and let some big guns come here and fight for Pelinis honor

You are too much fun. You haven't been here very long at all. That I can tell.

Couldn't quote your post from my phone. Use bullet points to highlight the specifics that prove your point about our "clown staff" and our "inability to recruit" etc. I want you to give me specifics. Then I'll be more than happy to pick your post apart top to bottom.

Our entire staff is a joke including Dobson, Cotton, Pap, the golf buddies, ex Iowa buddies you name it. Even Crouch noticed our "boys" were tired in the first quarter of an FCS game, you pay attention right? This points directly at recruiting (6th year coach) and strength and conditioning. Who else other than a clown staff can own 11 of the top 20 worst defensive showings in Husker History?