We have the resources and meaning to hire anyone we really want. If we decided to look in another direction and we bought Saban...

:rollin:koolaid2:

Obviously we would not buy Saban. Was talking in one extreme as one usually does in hypothetical situations.

You should probably repost what you just quoted in the Out of Context Quotes thread.

We have the resources and meaning to hire anyone we really want. If we decided to look in another direction and we bought Saban...

Obviously we would buy Saban.

:cheers

Just kidding but I'm kind of serious though. Lets say that a Saban type coach existed who was impeccably ethical and still came with the four national championships and $10 million package price?

Would NU really be able to attract that kind of coach? Be serious. This isn't 1998....and if they could would Nebraska be prepared to pay that much?

Just kidding but I'm kind of serious though. Lets say that a Saban type coach existed who was an impeccably ethical and still came with the four national championships and $10 million package price?

Would NU really be able to attract that kind of coach? Be serious. This isn't 1998....and if they could would Nebraska be prepared to pay that much?

I do believe NU could attract a coach like that but it will be hard if Bo is fired for the same reason we had to advertise on Craigslist for a coach last time when we got Callahan.

My question is, Why would you need to more than double the highest paid coach in the nation's salary to get someone of the same resume?

Just kidding but I'm kind of serious though. Lets say that a Saban type coach existed who was an impeccably ethical and still came with the four national championships and $10 million package price?

I do believe NU could attract a coach like that but it will be hard if Bo is fired for the same reason we had to advertise on Craigslist for a coach last time when we got Callahan.

My question is, Why would you need to more than double the highest paid coach in the nation's salary to get someone of the same resume?

I meant the package, Saban alone does not make the Nick Saban we see on television. Alabama pays nearly $10 million out to the coaching staff. Assuming NU could attract a Saban caliber coach and assuming they would pay for him it isn't just a salary of $5 million. If you want him to achieve the level of success he achieves at Bama you're going to be dishing out nearly as much between his assistants, that's a big payroll. I'm not sure NU would do it...I mean, right now both Washington and Missouri pay their coaches more than Nebraska does.

Just kidding but I'm kind of serious though. Lets say that a Saban type coach existed who was impeccably ethical and still came with the four national championships and $10 million package price?

Yes, I think we would be willing to pay for a coach like that. Like EZ-E said, who would want to come to school that just fired a 9 win a year coach.

We need a new strength and conditioning program as much as anything, so go after the best here

Jim Tressel as HC, regardless of their past we need someone that would make the move to Lincoln and proven, someone can teach him how to e-mail

Scott Frost as OC only because he would keep the group that need some emotional tie to Osborne happy and he's coached at an elite (consistant top 5) level of play, seems to understand what it takes in 2013, if not him Bobby Petrino or get Shawn Watson back

DC let Tressel decide, because the Huskers are so irrelevant these days you're not going to get a lateral move from someone decent, they have to completely start from scratch, To keep the Solich/Pelini fans happy bring in Marvin Sanders, no one on my list would come to Nebraska with out HC possibilities like Bud Foster

Regardless we need recruiters and no more buddy hires, if you want to try out Peters as a motivational supervisor or Asst. DC for the defensive line, it's worth a try

We would need a big hire like this to get the recruits that we need. Not sure of Scott would make a lateral move - what's in it for him unless he was named 'coached in waiting" assistance HC.

Thats why I say Tressel, to groom Frost but Tressel would also bring another year of sanction which can't be much worse than dealing with another year of Pelini, that way all the Osborne worshippers would treat Tressel with respect and we might just get a real HC in here for the first time in a long time. Not sure Frost would come back to a place where the fans treated him like garbage though. Its not a lateral move what so ever, Oregon surpassed the Huskers a long, long time ago. Thats why we need Tressel, we wont get a Saban

I can see it now, Chip Kelly continues his slide with Philly and just like a Spurrier Petrino and Saban he bails on the NFL and returns to the College Scene. It'd be fun seeing a style like his in our conference, just imagine a B1G game where 21 points are scored in the first five minutes...

We need a new strength and conditioning program as much as anything, so go after the best here

Jim Tressel as HC, regardless of their past we need someone that would make the move to Lincoln and proven, someone can teach him how to e-mail

Scott Frost as OC only because he would keep the group that need some emotional tie to Osborne happy and he's coached at an elite (consistant top 5) level of play, seems to understand what it takes in 2013, if not him Bobby Petrino or get Shawn Watson back

DC let Tressel decide, because the Huskers are so irrelevant these days you're not going to get a lateral move from someone decent, they have to completely start from scratch, To keep the Solich/Pelini fans happy bring in Marvin Sanders, no one on my list would come to Nebraska with out HC possibilities like Bud Foster

Regardless we need recruiters and no more buddy hires, if you want to try out Peters as a motivational supervisor or Asst. DC for the defensive line, it's worth a try

We would need a big hire like this to get the recruits that we need. Not sure of Scott would make a lateral move - what's in it for him unless he was named 'coached in waiting" assistance HC.

Thats why I say Tressel, to groom Frost but Tressel would also bring another year of sanction which can't be much worse than dealing with another year of Pelini, that way all the Osborne worshippers would treat Tressel with respect and we might just get a real HC in here for the first time in a long time. Not sure Frost would come back to a place where the fans treated him like garbage though. Its not a lateral move what so ever, Oregon surpassed the Huskers a long, long time ago. Thats why we need Tressel, we wont get a Saban

USC the past couple of years has really started feeling the effects of their scholarship sanctions. Hiring a coach that would bring them automatically would hurt this program for a number of years. Not just one.

Like I said, we could hire a guy like that and sell our souls to win, but then you may as well take the "In the Deed, the Glory," off of those stadium walls.

I agree with that. We did try a guy outside of our usual comfort zone (Billy Callahan) and that obviously didn't work out that well. All I'm saying is that I wouldn't be surprised if we pursued avenues like Petrino, and personally, I don't think it tarnishes Nebraska if they went with a guy like Petrino. "The process" certainly worked for Nebraska in the past and we hear Pelini preach it all the time now. But, if the process doesn't produce results, we get into a position we're in now of how much time do we devote to a coach to right the ship?

Again, this is mostly just me speaking out of sheer curiosity if Nebraska would pursue a guy like Petrino. If Pelini doesn't work out, or works out and retires, Eichorst seems like the type of AD that would be able to pull in a great hire that's outside of "the process" mold. Lots of hypotheticals but this whole thread is based on it anyways lol.

"Pelini is an embarrassment to this University because he yells at his players and talks bad about the fanbase behind closed doors! Lets fire him and hire a guy who cheated on his wife with a female employee, crashed his motorcycle with her on the back and got fired or we could hire another guy that got fired for knowingly breaking NCAA rules and bringing sanctions to his old school!" -Nebraska fan

:facepalm:

Actually you fire Pelini because he gets beats in Lincoln by garbage teams all the time as well as looking a fool against non ranked teams in CCGs and then goes to the wire with a team that gets smoked by Texas St and their frosh QB, not sure what coach you think was fired for breaking NCAA rules but it certainly wasn't Tressel, he resigned. But please elaborate