While I am not advocating Bo be fired (if loss to ILL this weekend) could be ramped up fast, I would be inclined to look at the following;

Petrino, Petersen, Richt, Tressel as HC. They would bring in their own Coordinators! Petrino did a good job in the SEC before he let his member start thinking for him. Petersen does not need any introduction as we all have seen what he can do. Richt has done a decent job at Georgia and Tressel was a pretty fair coach as well.

I would look at Zook for a staff addition (recruiting studs).

This kind of thinking makes me sick but we need to keep our eyes wide open and I am sure that none of us want to bring in an inexperienced (learn as you go) type coach. :dunno

Tressel probably would not be an option because I think he has a show-cause against him for another few years. Which means Nebraska would have to tell the NCAA why it shouldn't be punished for hiring him. And with our propensity for wanting our athletes to get an education by giving them extra books, who knows what the NCAA would rule.

Also, he would have to keep his nose very clean for the next few years otherwise NU could face sanctions.

Maybe he learned his lesson and wouldn't do it again. The AD would have to weigh the risk-reward.

Alot of pipe dreams ITT

Yep; but if we end up having to make a change, we can't afford to go light in hopes that a new staff can develop something. We need proven ability and need to spend the $ to bring in the best we can luer to Lincoln.

"Build it and they will come" We have done this so :confucius

If it comes to BP being fired at the end of the season, I think they really should go after Pederson at BSU. Living up here in Bronco country I am getting the feeling that he may be ready to make a change. Just a feeling. I know he has had offers before, but nothing was really that good a fit as Nebraska would be to him. BSU is a program a lot like Nebraska, it just doesn't have as much history.

The glitz and glamour of some programs would not really interest him. He is a grinder and his personality is a little like TO's, a little bland to listen to talk to but very dynamic on the field.

Just my opinion.

One more thing, Nebraska is not a rebuilding project, it may need a reboot, but if Pelini is fired the next coach is not coming into a situation where the cupboard is bare, it may just need a little different direction and refocusing.

While I am not advocating Bo be fired (if loss to ILL this weekend) could be ramped up fast, I would be inclined to look at the following;

Petrino, Petersen, Richt, Tressel as HC. They would bring in their own Coordinators! Petrino did a good job in the SEC before he let his member start thinking for him. Petersen does not need any introduction as we all have seen what he can do. Richt has done a decent job at Georgia and Tressel was a pretty fair coach as well.

I would look at Zook for a staff addition (recruiting studs).

This kind of thinking makes me sick but we need to keep our eyes wide open and I am sure that none of us want to bring in an inexperienced (learn as you go) type coach. :dunno

Tressel probably would not be an option because I think he has a show-cause against him for another few years. Which means Nebraska would have to tell the NCAA why it shouldn't be punished for hiring him. And with our propensity for wanting our athletes to get an education by giving them extra books, who knows what the NCAA would rule.

Also, he would have to keep his nose very clean for the next few years otherwise NU could face sanctions.

Maybe he learned his lesson and wouldn't do it again. The AD would have to weigh the risk-reward.

I know, isn't that just pure evil? eyeswear2allthatsholy

Well I do not think we have to worry about Bo going to SC, pretty much a straight across trade is not going to happen.

Not sure whether you are saying that SoCal and NU are a straight ahead trade and thus Bo would not be interested in SoCal... or that Kiffin and Bo are a straight ahead trade and SoCal would thus not be interested in Bo.

If the thought is that SoCal and NU are a straight ahead trade... I'd disagree. SoCal has a huge recruiting advantage for obvious reasons and is in the better conference. SoCal is a clear step up (maybe two) from the NU job. So... Bo, I'd think, would be very interested....

Now... would SoCal be interested in Bo? I would think not. Why would they be? His resume is mediocre at best.

Well I do not think we have to worry about Bo going to SC, pretty much a straight across trade is not going to happen.

Not sure whether you are saying that SoCal and NU are a straight ahead trade and thus Bo would not be interested in SoCal... or that Kiffin and Bo are a straight ahead trade and SoCal would thus not be interested in Bo.

If the thought is that SoCal and NU are a straight ahead trade... I'd disagree. SoCal has a huge recruiting advantage for obvious reasons and is in the better conference. SoCal is a clear step up (maybe two) from the NU job. So... Bo, I'd think, would be very interested....

Now... would SoCal be interested in Bo? I would think not. Why would they be? His resume is mediocre at best.

Better yet, why would we want Kiffin? The same guy that left Tennessee high and dry, along with recruiting violations.

Better yet, why would we want Kiffin? The same guy that left Tennessee high and dry, along with recruiting violations.

Agreed. No way NU wants Kiffin! That would be horrible.

Tressel probably would not be an option because I think he has a show-cause against him for another few years. Which means Nebraska would have to tell the NCAA why it shouldn't be punished for hiring him.

I don't see it happening but the NCAA is a different animal. If Manziel can weasel his way out of NCAA troubles, I am sure JT can smooth talk them. Tressel could work at Nebraska with his playing style, winning ability, ability to handle the pressure as a coach, and he can recruit. I think Nebraska should find an up and coming coach with head coaching experiance without the baggage, if that is possible. All this is assuming that Bo won't make it through the season, which I think he will. I see him getting to the magical 9 or 10 win mark.

Koetter built the Boise State program that we know today. He went to a bigger program at Arizone State, and he was fired. Hawkins took over for Koetter at Boise State, and they continued to be very successful. Hawkins left for a bigger program at Colorado, and he was a dismal failure. Why in H E double hockey sticks would we want Hawkins successor? Is it three times a charm or three strikes and you're out? I hear the name come up all the time, and for the life of me I can't understand why. I'd rather take a chance on Tressel or Petrino long before I would Peterson.

Bobby Petrino would be high up there, possibly number one. If we were going to get a coach, this would be a great option from a football stand point. Obviously, the scandal at Arkansas taints the record quite a bit, and I know a bunch of fans would be unhappy because of it. But, he's a proven winner at the college level and, imho, a damn good coach. The only other downside is he signed a four-year contract with WKU making a base of about $850,000 a year. He'd have to pay WKU a decent chunk of change if he left, and we'd probably have to foot that bill.

That said, he made a big mistake and paid his price. I think he deserves a shot and I'd love to see what he could do here.

I'd rather give Tressel a shot than Bobby Petrino. Tressel is loyal while Petrino is not so much. If Petrino did come in and make us a winner, he'd jet at the first opportunity for a job at Texas, USC, etc. At the end of the day, one really has to ask themselves if misleading the NCAA is worse than locking up a firearm used in a felony? I know things have changed but Tressel got jobbed. How is what Pryor and company did any worse than what Johnny Football did?

I'd rather give Tressel a shot than Bobby Petrino. Tressel is loyal while Petrino is not so much. If Petrino did come in and make us a winner, he'd jet at the first opportunity for a job at Texas, USC, etc. At the end of the day, one really has to ask themselves if misleading the NCAA is worse than locking up a firearm used in a felony? I know things have changed but Tressel got jobbed. How is what Pryor and company did any worse than what Johnny Football did?

The thing that killed Tressel was that he tried to cover it up, and he was caught red-handed doing so.