Gerry to safety?

lo country

Since Bo has continually mentioned poor safety play along side Cooper, do the move Nate back to safety? He has two weeks to get ready before Illinois (a week now), then Purdue (IIRC) a bye and then Minnesota. If he was quick enough to grasp a new position and start at LB any chance he moves? Will Bo put Cjax on the field? Safety play is lacking.

On another note where has Mo Seisay gone? I really had high hopes for him last year, but he has been absent this year.

• Fire 1

I would imagine that Charles Jackson will be the guy at safety (opposite of Cooper) moving forward. That guy is just a play-maker. Within a few plays he had a huge tackle on special teams, and came flying to the ball from the safety spot and forced a fumble. C. Jackson has some Tyrann Mathieu play-making ability in him (without the pot)....I would leave Gerry where he's at, I think he'll grow into the position very nicely.

As for Seisay? He's just not very good, and hasn't been since he's been here....

^ The high ankle sprain has really hurt Seisay since he got here.

Wasn't he said to be 100% heading into camp this year?

He got an opportunity against Wyoming, and looked horrible (To be fair, so did most everyone else)....

He might have been. But injuries like that can make you lose some speed even when you get back to 100%. Just look at Taylor. His lateral running and even some of his straight line speed have decreased after that injury.

I think the coaches moving Gerry to LB was actually a smart move and for once, a move with the future in mind. I don't like when a player is asked to switch positions too much. With Gerry's size as just a true freshmen, you can imagine the kid will probably only get bigger. He may outgrow the safety position in a year or two. I think the coaches are setting him up for success by getting him experience at the LB position that he will probably end up growing into by his junior or senior year anyway.

Plus, CJ should be on that field. No doubt in my mind he should have played already. Once again we have a great football player with limited playing time due to not "getting it" or not playing "within the scheme".

Plus, CJ should be on that field. No doubt in my mind he should have played already. Once again we have a great football player with limited playing time due to not "getting it" or not playing "within the scheme".

Funny how this keeps coming up, especially at safety. First it was PJ Smith, then Harvey Jackson. Now CJax. It seems to be false usually and I'm not sure if it's ever been true but people like to throw it out there a lot.

• Fire 1

Since Bo has continually mentioned poor safety play along side Cooper, do the move Nate back to safety? He has two weeks to get ready before Illinois (a week now), then Purdue (IIRC) a bye and then Minnesota. If he was quick enough to grasp a new position and start at LB any chance he moves? Will Bo put Cjax on the field? Safety play is lacking.

On another note where has Mo Seisay gone? I really had high hopes for him last year, but he has been absent this year.

I was about to post this topic myself. Since we are obviously searching for a saftey and that was his recruited position, it seems like a natural no-brainer. He obviously has speed and can hit.

Plus we seem to have an abundance of LB's (including Newby) stockpiled for the future.

Funny how this keeps coming up, especially at safety. First it was PJ Smith, then Harvey Jackson. Now CJax. It seems to be false usually and I'm not sure if it's ever been true but people like to throw it out there a lot.

And by "it" you mean what exactly?

And by "it" you mean what exactly?

That we play less athletic players because they understand the system.

Well Bo Pelini, you know, the head coach here at Nebraska, said Jackson wasn't seeing time because he wasn't playing within the scheme. So? I guess that would be why you hear others saying as much