Illinois

http://www.hlntv.com...rivalry-express

Not sure what this all entails

Rivalry Express ready to take over Nebraska

By Morning Express with Robin Meade staff

updated 10:25 AM EDT, Wed October 02, 2013

NEED TO KNOW

• Nebraska and Illinois are forming new rivalry in the Big Ten
  • Bob Van Dillen join's Carlos Diaz live from Lincoln Friday October 4 starting at 5 a.m. Central time

There is a video with that link

They had an update from this Carlos Diaz guy this morning. He was in Lincoln with the president of Runza, making Runzas in the kitchen :lol:

I know more football than you think I do. Maybe Nebraska needs an extra large defensive tackle to help stuff the run. I think I may be over looking that. Something is causing those runs up to middle to happen without the running backs ever being touched. That early 1st quarter touchdown run up the middle against South Dakota State was awful play by the defensive line and supporting linebackers.

Nebraska needs a defensive tackle that weighs about 350 pounds to assist in shutting down the run. Alabama's Terrence Cody (6-4, 350) and Georgia's Kwame Geathers (6-6, 345) and John Jenkins (6-4, 355) are a few to mention. But you have to recruit those run-stopper D-linemen.

If the new Nebraska defense grows up, stops committing penalties at bad times (i.e. - UCLA game - 9/14), and does a better job of tackling---then everything comes together. I think the athletes coach Bo Pelini has put out there are of tremendous quality, but it may very well be a last-ditch effort to save his job. Those are athletes I see out there on defense for Nebraska. Coach Pelini coached at LSU, so he knows athletes. Again, he's trying to save his job.

The last three quarters of the South Dakota State game had that defense looking pretty stout. I'm just saying it won't surprise me at all if the Nebraska defense begins to stiffen on opposing offenses in the upcoming weeks.

The last three quarters of the South Dakota State game had that defense looking pretty stout.

yup. SDSU.

I'm just saying it won't surprise me at all if the Nebraska defense begins to stiffen on opposing offenses in the upcoming weeks.

We'll know more after Illinois, but with Purdue and a bye, followed by Minnie coming in the upcoming weeks.... likely true. Next REAL test is NW.

Nebraska Huskers@Huskers 20m

.@AFRO_THUNDER80 showing around @CarlosHLN for @MorningExp on @HLNTV Friday morning, live 5-9am on @UNLincoln. pic.twitter.com/nPgyeafgIe

BVqSjLsCAAAAZ1R.jpg

Carlos Diaz@CarlosHLN 21h

Arrived in @Huskers Country & I had to try a @Runza sandwich! It's a Nebraska tradition!! @HLNTV @MorningExp pic.twitter.com/nSJBd3PQ3Y

Carlos Diaz@CarlosHLN 14h

Chowing down at @BarrysBarLNK talking to the GM about being the most famous bar in @Huskers Country! @MorningExp pic.twitter.com/j47o8iKPNH

Carlos Diaz@CarlosHLN 13h

What?! A 25 oz. Porterhouse Steak at @TheSingleBarrel here in @Huskers Country! We ❤️ Nebraska!! @MorningExp @HLNTV pic.twitter.com/JxgzUrDoMX

Carlos Diaz@CarlosHLN 2h

#RivalryExpress is ON THE FIELD @Huskers Country! Nebraska ROCKS!! Join us live Fri morning on @MorningExp @HLNTV !! pic.twitter.com/QnzLDUPkNM

NEED TO KNOW

• Bob Van Dillen join's Carlos Diaz live from Lincoln Friday October 4 starting at 5 a.m. Central time

Eh this is dumb...I hate forced rivalries (like Colorado forcing us to be rivals with them). All these trophy games kinda take value of what a rivalry really is.

NEED TO KNOW

They had an update from this Carlos Diaz guy this morning. He was in Lincoln with the president of Runza, making Runzas in the kitchen :lol:

BUT A RUNZA IS JUST LIKE A HOT POCKET

Yeah, forced rivalries are awful. To me, a rivalry is developed through years of playing good games between two comparable teams, and there's usually something big on the line for those games. That's why I never really liked the Colorado or Missouri "rivalry." Over the last 40 years it was mostly just us beating the snot out of them and they getting pissy about it.

Yeah, forced rivalries are awful. To me, a rivalry is developed through years of playing good games between two comparable teams, and there's usually something big on the line for those games. That's why I never really liked the Colorado or Missouri "rivalry." Over the last 40 years it was mostly just us beating the snot out of them and they getting pissy about it.

I don't mind the Mizzou "rivalry" because nobody made it a big deal that it was a trophy game plus it started like 100 years ago so it still had a little history not only from the view of looking at the record.

If you're from Western Ne, then the Colorado game was definitely a real "rivalry". That was always one of the most anticipated games of the year for us.

So, about four people?

:lol:

I have family that lives in Greeley, Co., so I wanted to beat the fuffaloes just so I didn't have to listen to them.

Growing up in Western Nebraska, I never really got too excited about the Buffs. The only Buffs fans in the area were just people that wanted attention for not liking Nebraska. Never really saw it as a rivalry, so much as just a lot of jealous angst from Boulder.

Growing up in Western Nebraska, I never really got too excited about the Buffs. The only Buffs fans in the area were just people that wanted attention for not liking Nebraska. Never really saw it as a rivalry, so much as just a lot of jealous angst from Boulder.

In Omaha where I grew up, pretty much everyone was a NU fan

But like where you live there were a few malcontents who just needed the attention from others- that would root for or wear OU stuff. I seriously doubt any of them are OU fans today. Probably still malcontented and unfulfilled

I know more football than you think I do. Maybe Nebraska needs an extra large defensive tackle to help stuff the run. I think I may be over looking that. Something is causing those runs up to middle to happen without the running backs ever being touched. That early 1st quarter touchdown run up the middle against South Dakota State was awful play by the defensive line and supporting linebackers.

Nebraska needs a defensive tackle that weighs about 350 pounds to assist in shutting down the run. Alabama's Terrence Cody (6-4, 350) and Georgia's Kwame Geathers (6-6, 345) and John Jenkins (6-4, 355) are a few to mention. But you have to recruit those run-stopper D-linemen.

If the new Nebraska defense grows up, stops committing penalties at bad times (i.e. - UCLA game - 9/14), and does a better job of tackling---then everything comes together. I think the athletes coach Bo Pelini has put out there are of tremendous quality, but it may very well be a last-ditch effort to save his job. Those are athletes I see out there on defense for Nebraska. Coach Pelini coached at LSU, so he knows athletes. Again, he's trying to save his job.

The last three quarters of the South Dakota State game had that defense looking pretty stout. I'm just saying it won't surprise me at all if the Nebraska defense begins to stiffen on opposing offenses in the upcoming weeks.

Them being able to gash us with the inside zone had nothing to do with out DTs not being big enough. It had everything to do with us only having 5 f'ing guys in the box to their five OL!!!!!!!!!