GIFs and GIF bombing on HB

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If the thread is a humorous one and the gifs are somewhat relevant and easily understood I think its fine. Other than that I'm not a big fan and think they're abused. Also, placing more than like three in a single page crashes my iPad every time.

EDIT: Just read the comment you linked to, didn't realize I was agreeing with Knap. My new position is that gifs are awesome.

Second edit: my mistake it wasn't knapp, doesn't matter, fight the power anyhow.

Edited by Bucky
  • Fire 1

If the thread is a humorous one and the gifs are somewhat relevant and easily understood I think its fine. Other than that I'm not a big fan and think they're abused. Also, placing more than like three in a single page crashes my iPad every time.

I'd like to think of that as a sort of badger defense system.

• Fire 1

Defense for who? The rest of HB or for me? I do most of my internet browsing from my tablet so it is an effective way to keep me out of a thread I guess.

Defense for who? The rest of HB or for me? I do most of my internet browsing from my tablet so it is an effective way to keep me out of a thread I guess.

All badger fans of course :)... But I guess you can stay..

0002.gif

The animated GIF is enjoying a renaissance. Oxford Dictionaries has made “GIF” its word of the year, saying “GIF celebrated a lexical milestone in 2012, gaining traction as a verb, not just a noun.” And of course, the GIF celebrated its 25th birthday this year as well. LINK
  • Fire 1

I love it. It's a wonderfully creative form of communication.

That said, please use some sound judgment and at least a modicum of restraint, lol. Don't just derail a thread because you don't like it - it may still be a good discussion for others. Guess that's all I would really ask.

(edit) I do have another question actually, what do you people have, just a giant archive of GIFs for every occasion to pull out when you need 'em? I mean, damn.

• Fire 1