Consensus Odds

We've shown a ton of promise at times defensively. The first half of the UCLA game is evidence. That's a UCLA team that is very talented that we smacked around for 2 quarters. I'm hopeful we play up to our potential on the defensive side of the football Saturday because we can be really good on that side of the ball there with the guys we have.

I love the excuse when I point out the first half of the UCLA game that "UCLA was just emotionally drained, then they woke up". Well, I use that same excuse for the 1st quarter and half against SDSU.

Excuses absolutely apply for other teams but not us. Absolutely not us.

Took my daughter to that game. Her first game ever. Talk about a roller coaster of a game. We were cheering screaming and high fiving everyone around us. That UCLA score right before half had a slight effect on everyone. The second half drained the life out of everyone. I still cheered when the defense was out there hoping for a stop. We didn't get many.

The thing was, I could hear people grumbling "here we go again". And I thought, I think they are right. Here we go......AGAIN. Roller coaster seems to be quite a fitting term for this team and this staff quite frankly. An emotional wreck at times would describe both.

You can hate the excuses Accountability and EZ, but the fact is, we've seen this show enough to know the outcome. To start expecting it the way I did after that final score of the half.....well it's just unfortunate but common. In the same breath as you are saying how lame some fans excuses and explanations were, well many fans find some of the coaches excuses and explanations equally annoying. To the point of, no, those excuses don't apply anymore.

You want to talk about no excuses.....there's no excuse for UCLA starting each of their third quarter possessions around midfield due to the inability of our offense to convert a third down. The defense continues to come along, gain experience and work on their issues. But I guarantee you Pelini took big time notice of the offensive inefficiency in that second half of UCLA.

We've shown a ton of promise at times defensively. The first half of the UCLA game is evidence. That's a UCLA team that is very talented that we smacked around for 2 quarters. I'm hopeful we play up to our potential on the defensive side of the football Saturday because we can be really good on that side of the ball there with the guys we have.

I love the excuse when I point out the first half of the UCLA game that "UCLA was just emotionally drained, then they woke up". Well, I use that same excuse for the 1st quarter and half against SDSU.

Took my daughter to that game. Her first game ever. Talk about a roller coaster of a game. We were cheering screaming and high fiving everyone around us. That UCLA score right before half had a slight effect on everyone. The second half drained the life out of everyone. I still cheered when the defense was out there hoping for a stop. We didn't get many.

The thing was, I could hear people grumbling "here we go again". And I thought, I think they are right. Here we go......AGAIN. Roller coaster seems to be quite a fitting term for this team and this staff quite frankly. An emotional wreck at times would describe both.

You can hate the excuses Accountability and EZ, but the fact is, we've seen this show enough to know the outcome. To start expecting it the way I did after that final score of the half.....well it's just unfortunate but common. In the same breath as you are saying how lame some fans excuses and explanations were, well many fans find some of the coaches excuses and explanations equally annoying. To the point of, no, those excuses don't apply anymore.

You'd be looking very hard to find an excuse that Bo has given the past year or so. I actually believe he's actually taken sole blame multiple times this season and last. And it really comes down to this question: What more do you want or need him to say? He can't win with whatever he says to the media or fans. There is really nothing that he can say that won't be over-analyzed, spun around, and read into so much that it's made into something it's not by the media or fanbase. You married men or guys with serious girlfriends, does that sound familiar at all?

I think this year he's made more excuses than ever. I remember the UCLA game when he said they made defensive adjustments all the time but the guys couldn't get it down (not verbatim)

He did a similar thing at the Wisconsin game and really the only loss I remember him blaming himself, it was the Ohio State game. How come we aren't allowed to criticize O Holy Bo, but he can blame our players for not executing the process?

• Fire 1

You'd be looking very hard to find an excuse that Bo has given the past year or so. I actually believe he's actually taken sole blame multiple times this season and last. And it really comes down to this question: What more do you want or need him to say? He can't win with whatever he says to the media or fans. There is really nothing that he can say that won't be over-analyzed, spun around, and read into so much that it's made into something it's not by the media or fanbase. You married men or guys with serious girlfriends, does that sound familiar at all?

I think this year he's made more excuses than ever. I remember the UCLA game when he said they made defensive adjustments all the time but the guys couldn't get it down (not verbatim)

He did a similar thing at the Wisconsin game and really the only loss I remember him blaming himself, it was the Ohio State game. How come we aren't allowed to criticize O Holy Bo, but he can blame our players for not executing the process?

Would like you to find that quote and then I'll give you the point.

Perfect example of why we shouldn't is Martinez. The offense looks sluggish and we go three and out and it's his fault. We score 50+ and he runs for 100 yards and people praise him. It's been like that his entire career. Being the QB, he's an easy target to blame when the offense doesn't execute. Same can be said of Bo with the defense. '09 and '10 defenses were amazing. He got some credit but most of it went to players like Suh and Amukamara. Then looking back people hold an asterisk on those years because Bo didn't recruit them.

In the game thread people are quick to blame a player when he misses a tackle or blows a coverage then after it's all said and done blame Bo when we give up a good amount of yards. When a LB misses a tackle or a DB takes the bait when a WR throws him a head fake then gets beat that is what Bo means when he says execute. These plays add up. He's not throwing them under the bus. The players are in position to make a play yet don't. Does Bo deserve a little criticism? Yes, but not all of it. What EZ said was true; no matter what Bo says he can't win. Husker fans are always looking for a scapegoat to blame when things go wrong. At the end of the day the players are the ones that step on the field, and if the 'execute' the way they should and can, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Perfect example of why we shouldn't is Martinez. The offense looks sluggish and we go three and out and it's his fault. We score 50+ and he runs for 100 yards and people praise him. It's been like that his entire career. Being the QB, he's an easy target to blame when the offense doesn't execute. Same can be said of Bo with the defense. '09 and '10 defenses were amazing. He got some credit but most of it went to players like Suh and Amukamara. Then looking back people hold an asterisk on those years because Bo didn't recruit them.

In the game thread people are quick to blame a player when he misses a tackle or blows a coverage then after it's all said and done blame Bo when we give up a good amount of yards. When a LB misses a tackle or a DB takes the bait when a WR throws him a head fake then gets beat that is what Bo means when he says execute. These plays add up. He's not throwing them under the bus. The players are in position to make a play yet don't. Does Bo deserve a little criticism? Yes, but not all of it. What EZ said was true; no matter what Bo says he can't win. Husker fans are always looking for a scapegoat to blame when things go wrong. At the end of the day the players are the ones that step on the field, and if the 'execute' the way they should and can, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Then teach them how to execute, because after 6 years it's not an individual class problem, it's in the technique taught. The players don't magically all just have problems tackling for 3 straight years.

But the only thing that would make that an excuse would be if it wasn't true. Otherwise, it's just him saying what happened.