Prediction Top 25 AP Poll

I happened to be looking over the top 25 AP poll this morning and I noticed that these teams lost:

#5 Stanford

#8 Georgia

#12 Oklahoma

#16 Washington

#17 Florida

#18 Michigan

#19 Northwestern

The one thing that I'm waiting to see is where everyone will drop and which teams will drop more than others. I predict myself being upset and bewildered at the fact that a two loss Georgia team won't drop as far as they should. I will also be upset when Washington falls out of the top 25 and Florida only drops a couple of spots. I guess my question to the board would be: Does it seem like the pollsters are really nice to the SEC and cut them more slack when they lose because they are in the "toughest" conference in the nation, or is it just me?

Georgia should stop 7 spots or so. Mizzou was #25.

Florida lost to a higher ranked LSU should not drop a ton.

SEC probably gets some consideration, maybe more than other conferences, but it's not out of line. They tend to stack up well in postseason. LSU and UF lost last year because of anemic offenses, and as we see this year, Clemson and Louisville are legit.

SEC probably gets some consideration, maybe more than other conferences, but it's not out of line. They tend to stack up well in postseason. LSU and UF lost last year because of anemic offenses, and as we see this year, Clemson and Louisville are legit.

I'm not saying that the SEC is a bad conference by any means because I do think that they are the best conference in the nation right now. I'm just saying that they are treated a little bit differently than all of the other conferences by the pollsters. I would predict that a two loss SEC team would make a BCS bowl this year before a one loss team from any other conference. I just get tired of the fact that an SEC team loses and they drop a couple of spots, but any other team loses and they drop 10 spots or more. Losses should all be treated the same no matter what conference you are from. So yes, it is out of line.

I don't know you personally, but I'm guessing you would feel the same way if A&M was still in the Big 12. I might be wrong though.

Stanford will drop about 8 places

Georgia will drop about 4

Oklahoma will drop into the 20-25 range

Washington will also be in the 20-25 range

Florida will drop a couple spots

Michigan and northwestern may both drop out of the top 25

These are the two that I focus on. Washington lost to the #2 team in the country and Florida lost to the #10 team and I will predict that Washington will drop a lot more than Florida will. I hope I'm wrong.

Stanford will drop about 8 places

Georgia will drop about 4

Oklahoma will drop into the 20-25 range

Washington will also be in the 20-25 range

Florida will drop a couple spots

Michigan and northwestern may both drop out of the top 25

I also look at these two. If you are right, then Stanford will be 13th and Georgia would be 12th or 14th. How does a two loss team really deserve to only drop 4 places.......only because they are from the SEC. It just bothers me, and I'm sorry that it does. It's just a part of college football right now, but it doesn't make it right.

I'm not saying that the SEC is a bad conference by any means because I do think that they are the best conference in the nation right now. I'm just saying that they are treated a little bit differently than all of the other conferences by the pollsters. I would predict that a two loss SEC team would make a BCS bowl this year before a one loss team from any other conference. I just get tired of the fact that an SEC team loses and they drop a couple of spots, but any other team loses and they drop 10 spots or more. Losses should all be treated the same no matter what conference you are from. So yes, it is out of line.

I don't know you personally, but I'm guessing you would feel the same way if A&M was still in the Big 12. I might be wrong though.

You're probably not wrong, but I also think it depends on WHO they lose to. You ask a lot of people, and they thought A&M, losing to the #1 team in the country, beating the spread, shouldn't have dropped 5 spots. It's all relative and the challenge of a poll. It's all subjective.

I think Auburn at #24 is an embarrassment, even more so than UF and UGA. Auburn beat W. Carolina 69-3 and now all of a sudden they're #24. They've beaten Mississippi State (woo-hoo), Ole Miss their ONLY impressive win, Washington State, Arkansas State, and Western Carolina. It's ridiculous and lazy that Auburn is #24.

Bite your tongue.....they are in the SEC! They could have three losses and still be ranked ahead of a one loss Nebraska team. :sarcasm