Pelini vs. Beck

I think we should just run that one play minnesota ran where they put a tackle at a receiver position and then slipped the TE out on the backside. Over and over again.

Problem solved.

But really. Why can't we come up with any of this brilliant stuff

Or stop it after we've seen it more than a few times?

I have no idea, rob.

When Tommy's in there, the limitations seem to help this offense. He's not there to throw, and he's not going to be picking apart defenses on his own at this point in his career, anyway. So we lean on the run game. When we throw, we're stretching the field and reminding the defense that one of these times we're going to connect on that strike if they don't watch it with their safeties. And then we use the run again.

With Taylor, I have no idea why we do a lot of short and intermediate passing. It doesn't stretch the field. We're sort of average at it, but it doesn't open up the run game for us. We are definitely having pass pro issues right now. It throws us behind schedule on down and distance and it doesn't chew up clock. I don't get it.

Good assessment.