Pelini vs. Beck

^^ To add to that, I do however believe that we would have been more effective with the speed option had TA been playing. But that is the only area.

Really? I thought he made the correct read each time and the fumble out of bounds was due to a facemask... the read guy jumped TM each time so the outcome would have been the same with TA in. We would have ran more possbly but that was the most true option we've ever ran with Taylor at the helm and he looked pretty good doing it.

I agree with Accountability. TM lost this team and it shows in the way they play for him. The game seems to run smoothly with either TA or RKIII under the helm, TM comes back in and it's complete chaos. Something is leading me to believe it may just be TM causing this and not the coaches.

+1

^^ To add to that, I do however believe that we would have been more effective with the speed option had TA been playing. But that is the only area.

Really? I thought he made the correct read each time and the fumble out of bounds was due to a facemask... the read guy jumped TM each time so the outcome would have been the same with TA in. We would have ran more possbly but that was the most true option we've ever ran with Taylor at the helm and he looked pretty good doing it.

TM runs the read option and can not run the spead option. His pitching and choice of is not good!

One. why do you put an exclamation point in every one of your posts?

Two. He ran the spread option pretty well and his "choice of(wat?)" was pretty good today.

I just don't see how people can continue placing blame on this kid when there were 5 drops, and the line was horrendous in pass pro. Long made an impact and without him there,no matter who is qb, we'll struggle in passing against good DTs. Our defense is why we lost today, not Taylor, not the Offense, not the T.O.P. None of it. Just Bo's read and react defense with an untalented guy like Randle at the forefront (or should I say backfront because he was 5 yards away from the line so much).

Bo Knows... How to lose games he shouldn't and get blown out in ones he should contend in. No team that has faith in their coach or that has a sound defensive scheme, allows you to have a 21-3 lead at half and lose 42-21. (UCLA)

Let me rephrase. I agree with you. He made the right reads. What I should have said was :

We would have been more explosive and our QB would have been a bigger running threat with TA than TM.

The coaching staff seems to have completely lost the team. That's what I'm seeing...in what they say, don't say and in their body language.

No. I dont think the staff has. I think Taylor has. Watch the first three games. Then watch the next three games. Then re watch today, and try to argue with me.

I don't think we necessarily disagree Mr. A. Martinez is out there because the coaching staff keeps sending him out there. And I don't think the team believes in him...or in the coaching staff that contines to force him on them.

People to blame:

1) Bo Pelini - you've had almost a year to teach your defense how to defend against that little motion play that Minn ran 200 times today, and yet we continue to get burned by it. Expect to keep seeing it because only an idiot offensive coordinator would choose not to put that in the game plan against us. Get them up to speed NOW!

2) Tim Beck - WTF was that play calling?! Ameer is averaging 9 yards a carry, so why throw it at all? What happened to the belly G that we ran so much? And when Ameer got hurt, he showed zero confidence in Cross. He can run the ball too, dumba$$. I'm so ready for an OC that isn't completely incompetent as a play caller.

3) Defensive front 7 - Did Banderas ever get a chance to play in this game? Santos looked terrible today chasing people around. Thad gets pushed 5 yards off the LOS every run play. NOBODY gets off their blocks. I saw ONE bull rush that blew up a run today, from Aaron Curry. We need more of that.

4) Martinez - Yeah, he didn't get a lot of help from his receivers at times, but the throws weren't very good either. His mechanics looked terrible, he has terrible pocket presence, and his decision-making today was atrocious. Time for Tommy. I realize he threw 3 picks last game, but he's gotta learn sometime, and the offense is so much smoother with him at QB.

5) Receivers - Catch the ball, man!

Yea, it's tough to see how we could have done better with anyone in there the way we got pushed around up front......and there were signs of getting pushed around in that Purdue game here and there and TA had some of the same struggles when it happened. Tough to argue the attitude when someone else is in there point that several are making....regardless of how much I think it's hogwash.

Two. He ran the spread option pretty well and his "choice of(wat?)" was pretty good today.

I just don't see how people can continue placing blame on this kid when there were 5 drops, and the line was horrendous in pass pro. Long made an impact and without him there,no matter who is qb, we'll struggle in passing against good DTs. Our defense is why we lost today, not Taylor, not the Offense, not the T.O.P. None of it. Just Bo's read and react defense with an untalented guy like Randle at the forefront (or should I say backfront because he was 5 yards away from the line so much).

Bo Knows... How to lose games he shouldn't and get blown out in ones he should contend in. No team that has faith in their coach or that has a sound defensive scheme, allows you to have a 21-3 lead at half and lose 42-21. (UCLA)

1. I like "!"

2. He is lucky that we did not have a turnover on the pitch that went out of bounds!

3. Most of his drops were high & behind the receiver! They can not always make one hand catches!

4. He is a not a good fit for our current offense and he has had very little improvement!

4. I will agree we have some Sr. who that should not be starting like Randall & Ankra!

1. I like "!"

2. He is lucky that we did not have a turnover on the pitch that went out of bounds!

3. Most of his drops were high & behind the receiver! They can not always make one hand catches!

4. He is a not a good fit for our current offense and he has had very little improvement!

4. I will agree we have some Sr. who that should not be starting like Randall & Ankra!

Sorry. I can not count!

Regardless of who is at QB, even though I am on the TA side, our offense should be able to put up more on Minnesota than just 23 points. We have the line, the run game, and the weapons on the outside that it shouldn't matter if Fyfe or Martinez is playing. The play calling was atrocious and Martinez has no presence in the pocket and locks onto one receiver that it essentially ruins our passing game. The tenacity of our offense was just not there today, whether it was due to the play calling or the quarterback, I don't really care just get it fixed because we are Nebraska and we do not lose to Minnesota regardless of the circumstances.

Regardless of who is at QB, even though I am on the TA side, our offense should be able to put up more on Minnesota than just 23 points. We have the line, the run game, and the weapons on the outside that it shouldn't matter if Fyfe or Martinez is playing. The play calling was atrocious and Martinez has no presence in the pocket and locks onto one receiver that it essentially ruins our passing game. The tenacity of our offense was just not there today, whether it was due to the play calling or the quarterback, I don't really care just get it fixed because we are Nebraska and we do not lose to Minnesota regardless of the circumstances.

In Nebraska offense, the QB has options to every play that comes on the field. TM played in 4 games and our offense has looked ugly. Even though Tommy or Ron at times did not look great, our team plays better. The facts are there!