Pelini vs. Beck

I cannot believe Tommy Armstrong never even stepped foot on the field. I just can't believe it.

Jesus christ True. What the f#*k is going on. This is an embarrassment. If Martinez trots out for the first snap next Saturday, I'm walking out that north stadium and not watching another play all year.

I like Taylor as a person. and he's been a warrior for us. And i've tried to be nice about saying these past 5 weeks the it's time to move on, but it really is. I just dont get it anymore. If what Benning is thinking has any substance, then Bo really does need to go. Seriously, what does the Martinez family have on Bo that we have to continue down this road.

it's one thing to call for the backup when we've never seen them play (ala Carnes, Green, etc), but we've seen the team play with a level of fluidity and confidence under Armstrong and kellogg in all 3 phases for 3 games that we havent seen consistently ever under Bo that I know of.

Bo said in the presser today that it wasnt Taylor's fault. That the team played poorly and didnt execute all across the board bla bla bla. But why? Doesnt everyone see that Taylor being back in the game, that the team reverted back to playing sh**ty like they did before Taylor's injury. The players know who gives them the best chance to succeed at qb. We saw it plain and simple today. Total regression. And after the progress made on both sides of the ball last couple games, Taylor's presence is the only explanation. hell, even our punter couldnt do his job today. What gives? It's just not working.

Was I supposed to read this post sarcastically? Should we be blaming Taylor for Ameer's fumble, too?

No. But i wanna hear a logical explanation why sh#t like that hadnt happened in the 3 games without Taylor, and why the offense looked far more fluid and consistent in those three games than it ever has under Bo.

I guess I would also like an explanation as to how it's not blatantly obvious anymore.

You aren't the only one who is upset about it. The offense/entire team had swagger with TA/Kellogg. I see a leaderless offense when Taylor is in there. Except for maybe Abdullah.

I wouldn't be too harsh on Martinez here. Or any player for that matter. Today's failure begins and ends with Bo Pelini.

Agreed. What seems like my criticism of Martinez is mostly directed at the coaching staff. Either they put him in position to not play to his strengths, or he's checking into plays that he's not great at executing, but the coaches don't have the stones to "punish" the behavior by giving someone else snaps. Funny, this staff has no problem rotating every other position. They had no problem rotating QB when Martinez was out.

I wouldn't be too harsh on Martinez here. Or any player for that matter. Today's failure begins and ends with Bo Pelini.

No, it is on Martinez for not being truthfull about his injures.

Do you know for a fact the coaches weren't aware of his injuries?

I knew about the broken toes weeks ago from a friend who works at the University. I did not know about the shoulder. I also knew Martinez was going to start, but not play the whole game.

The coaching staff seems to have completely lost the team. That's what I'm seeing...in what they say, don't say and in their body language.

No. I dont think the staff has. I think Taylor has. Watch the first three games. Then watch the next three games. Then re watch today, and try to argue with me.

So you're saying we have to re-watch the entire season thus far? No thank you, lol.

The coaching staff seems to have completely lost the team. That's what I'm seeing...in what they say, don't say and in their body language.

No. I dont think the staff has. I think Taylor has. Watch the first three games. Then watch the next three games. Then re watch today, and try to argue with me.

Ignorance is bliss. Bo can't coach D and Beck won't coach the O with Taylor at the helm. I think Bo and Beck are going to have it out and either one or both guys won't be here at seasons end.

I am of the opinion that the pressure Minnesota was sending from different areas would have been a lot to ask of a freshman QB to diagnose and beat. I could maybe see arguments for Kellogg, but I would need more convincing that TA would have been better.

I agree with Accountability. TM lost this team and it shows in the way they play for him. The game seems to run smoothly with either TA or RKIII under the helm, TM comes back in and it's complete chaos. Something is leading me to believe it may just be TM causing this and not the coaches.

In the long run, this does not bode well for either TM or the coaches as all may be gone next year and only 1 of the previously mentioned people will leave on his own accord.

As far as reading the defense Taylor did what he could with the horrid line plat today. Him not being healthy sucks. If he was injured and told to play, then why? And I'm sorry but the IDIOTS saying put a Freshman in to take over is just dumb. Ron Kellog would easily be my go to guy if Taylor is out for the rest of the season. He looked mobile enough in a few times he's ran. But his accuracy is what sets him apart. Let our running back run and let Kellog toss dimes down the field to our receivers (even though they suffered from dropsies).