Pelini vs. Beck

Sabotage like that could hurt Beck's chances of getting another job in the future. But it makes sense considering he let Martinez throw it 30 times his first game back, when we were averaging over 6 yards a carry.

Didn't Abdullah average 8.9 yards per carry? So why the hell didn't we keep pounding the ball?

Frustrating...just frustrating

There is simply no way "the team plays harder" if Armstrong plays this game and Martinez doesn't. We spotted that defense a ten-point lead and they couldn't hold it against Minnesota.

When are people going to learn that the Quarterback has zero affect on the defense? And what will the excuse be next year when Martinez is gone and we give up another game like this, or another 500 yards of offense to a weak team? Hangover from the Martinez Era?

I understand Knapp. But look at it this way. 4 games with Taylor. 3 games without. Aside from one bad quarter against SDSU, the defense has played with swagger and confidence. The offense-aside from Ameer who has been in beast mode regardless-was a sh#t ton more fluid. We certainly didnt see receivers running into each other and winding up in the same zones. The playcalling made sense. It's just affecting the whole team. Sure we spotted the D ten points. But what's wrong with understanding our defense is gonna give 10-15 points as young as they are? Once Taylor was sacked on that rollout-where it was 100% his fault for not continuing his stride-our offense and team as a whole went into our "here we go again" shell. Minnesota 100% dominated from that point on, aside from one long flukish run (dont kid yourself, it was flukish, and doesnt erase the other 3 1/2 quarters of bad play). I can say with certainty that all is well with Tommy and Ron, but I've seen enought to be 95% sure it wouldve been. Supposedley, Armstrong had a "bad" game against Purdue, but the defense still played with swag and confidence and we still blew them out on the road. Is Minnesota better than them? Sure, but not a swing of 48 points better.

I cannot believe Tommy Armstrong never even stepped foot on the field. I just can't believe it.

Jesus christ True. What the f#*k is going on. This is an embarrassment. If Martinez trots out for the first snap next Saturday, I'm walking out that north stadium and not watching another play all year.

I like Taylor as a person. and he's been a warrior for us. And i've tried to be nice about saying these past 5 weeks the it's time to move on, but it really is. I just dont get it anymore. If what Benning is thinking has any substance, then Bo really does need to go. Seriously, what does the Martinez family have on Bo that we have to continue down this road.

it's one thing to call for the backup when we've never seen them play (ala Carnes, Green, etc), but we've seen the team play with a level of fluidity and confidence under Armstrong and kellogg in all 3 phases for 3 games that we havent seen consistently ever under Bo that I know of.

Bo said in the presser today that it wasnt Taylor's fault. That the team played poorly and didnt execute all across the board bla bla bla. But why? Doesnt everyone see that Taylor being back in the game, that the team reverted back to playing sh**ty like they did before Taylor's injury. The players know who gives them the best chance to succeed at qb. We saw it plain and simple today. Total regression. And after the progress made on both sides of the ball last couple games, Taylor's presence is the only explanation. hell, even our punter couldnt do his job today. What gives? It's just not working.

Was I supposed to read this post sarcastically? Should we be blaming Taylor for Ameer's fumble, too?

I don't think Beck would do something that will make himself look bad.

I cannot believe Tommy Armstrong never even stepped foot on the field. I just can't believe it.

I think it's because we prepared to go with Martinez and it would've been setting up Armstrong to fail to just throw him in there. Remember, we were in this game to pretty much the end.

It says it all when you think I am somehow supposed to be appeased by the fact that Nebraska was able to hang with Minnesota til the end. Forgive me, but I just don't think that's the order of things.

Martinez wasn't healthy and should not have played, but that doesn't explain the D's giving up 9 yards a play on first down. This D is terrible and many of us got sucked in because they played okay against terrible competition. Any team with a decent offense is going to put big yards and point on the board against us. And that is on the Defensive Guru himself.

Which is why out offensive play calling and reliance on Martinez was so baffling. I don't think too many really believed we suddenly had a shutdown defense. If the coaching staff believed that, well, come to your own conclusion there.

Zoogies, it seems like you're coping with this well (a lot better than I am), but watching Minnesota's QB Philip Nelson just upstage our Taylor Martinez has made me sick to my stomach. It has just made me sick to my stomach indeed. T-Mart's final numbers on the day: 16-of-30 for 139 yards with a pick; 8 rushes, 16 yards. Now, I have to endure existing with the happy and excited Alabama Crimson Tide crowd near my hometown. My Cornhuskers can't get off the mat in a tough B1G conference matchup. Just makes me sick like I said.

There is simply no way "the team plays harder" if Armstrong plays this game and Martinez doesn't. We spotted that defense a ten-point lead and they couldn't hold it against Minnesota.

When are people going to learn that the Quarterback has zero affect on the defense? And what will the excuse be next year when Martinez is gone and we give up another game like this, or another 500 yards of offense to a weak team? Hangover from the Martinez Era?

Some of the blame can be put on the offense, though. It seemed to me like the offense was too hurry up with Martinez in there instead of being cool and methodical when Armstrong/Kellogg were taking snaps. Felt like the D was on their heels the entire game without an offense to bail them out today. You cannot tell me that having a certain player under center has no effect on the rest of the team...

Gill, Frazier, Frost... these were men who had the entire team playing for them... But in a way you're right. This is an era of offense, 50+ points and 500+ yards a game.

When Taylor Martinez is gone next year and our defense is still having these same problems, what will the excuse be then?

LOL knapp. You're gonna beat this til its a pile of goo everyone is slipping in. As someone else typed earlier, he aint the only problem, but he is a problem. I could put up with some of the "aw craps" with him when you got equal or better "woo hoos". The "woo hoos" just haven't come this year. But they have for other QBs on the roster.

• Fire 1