Bigger catch: Westerkamp or Davison?

Matt's - Made Tom the legend that he is by giving him the 3rd NC & 3rd unbeaten season out of 4 (the Tenn game against Peyton who - was an after thought) Endeared Scott Frost's name to the fan base as well- remember he had to engineer a long, long drive wt I believe under 2 min left. Would fans be calling for him as a potential head coach if he had not won that game?? Doubtful - there would not have been a national championship wtout it.

So Bo and Scott connect on perhaps 2 of the most amazing catches in NU history.

Matt's - Made Tom the legend that he is by giving him the 3rd NC & 3rd unbeaten season out of 4 (the Tenn game against Peyton who - was an after thought) Endeared Scott Frost's name to the fan base as well- remember he had to engineer a long, long drive wt I believe under 2 min left. Would fans be calling for him as a potential head coach if he had not won that game?? Doubtful - there would not have been a national championship wtout it.

57 seconds. With no timeouts to be exact.

I think it is Davison's, and I don't think it is close.

However, the one thing Westerkamp's Katch has going for it, is that it happened at Memorial. Not that "turning the sprinklers on" and getting Missery fans off the field and goal post wasn't entertaining; but the fan reaction Saturday was pretty special.

57 seconds. With no timeouts to be exact.

All the amazing in that we were very much a run 1st offense. Showed some great determination by all on that offense.

Even comparing these two catches is strange. Davison's catch was very athletic, much more difficult and way, way, way, way more important. Davison's catch was in a season where NU won a National Championship. Without that catch, NU has 4 NC's not 5. It was HUGE.

The catch by Westerkamp was a nice one --- but in a meaningless game in a meaningless season. Win or lose that game and there is really no substantive difference.

So the two catches are not even in the same league. Matt's catch is so much more important that no comparison is warranted.

Even comparing these two catches is strange. Davison's catch was very athletic, much more difficult and way, way, way, way more important. Davison's catch was in a season where NU won a National Championship. Without that catch, NU has 4 NC's not 5. It was HUGE.

The catch by Westerkamp was a nice one --- but in a meaningless game in a meaningless season. Win or lose that game and there is really no substantive difference.

So the two catches are not even in the same league. Matt's catch is so much more important that no comparison is warranted.

Not even close to true.

But yes, the circumstances surrounding makes Matt's much more important and the catch itself is more amazing.

Not even close to true.

But yes, the circumstances surrounding makes Matt's much more important and the catch itself is more amazing.

Exactly. Westerkamp's catch may gain significance week by week...

I think it is Davison's, and I don't think it is close.

However, the one thing Westerkamp's Katch has going for it, is that it happened at Memorial. Not that "turning the sprinklers on" and getting Missery fans off the field and goal post wasn't entertaining

And that little powered buggy thing with the Missouri helmet on it. I was sitting on the grass on the hill with some Missouri fans around me. As they went wild, I pointed to the official's arms in the air signaling touchdown.

Westerkamp saved a huge dumpster fire here. So I'll say Westerkamp for the sole reason he prevented a lot of headaches for me.

Or...did he just delay it one week?

Right now, it is obviously Davison's. However, we don't know how this is going to turn out. Is this catch going to some how save Bo's job? Is he then going to go on to do great things here? If so, then this catch could be as big as Davison's.