Stanford is NU

Doormat? No. Middle of the road? Yes.

They were an on and off Top 25 team in the 70s and again in the 90s.

The last four years are easily the best run in at least 80 years.

Is this a serious statement? When JOHN ELWAY was there, they missed a bowl all four years. Stop comparing them to Nebraska's record. They're better now because they made a spectacular coaching hire and NU made a safe one.

They had a losing record in Elway's tenure. Maybe our middle of the road definitions differ greatly. But I'm starting to discover that the bar has been lowered the more I see how many people are cool with what's being trotted out in Scarlet and Cream every Saturday.

• Fire 1

Absolutely. And "jack of all trades, master of none" is the best description of this current offense that I've ever seen. I'm really feeling nostalgic after watching every play of that Stanford game. I just like hard-nosed, in your face football.

Well if you really want to boil down what Beck's offense is what I tell everyone is that it is a"Jack of All Trades, Master of None." I ask them when Nebraska needs to hang it's hat on something anymore...what is it?

I'm the same as you when it comes to watching Stanford or even better...I love what the San Francisco 49ers are doing under Jim Harbaugh & Greg Roman. I just wish people would realize that hard-nosed, physical, in your face football maybe old-school football...but it still works when you have the right talent & scheme.

• Fire 1

They had a losing record in Elway's tenure. Maybe our middle of the road definitions differ greatly. But I'm starting to discover that the bar has been lowered the more I see how many people are cool with what's being trotted out in Scarlet and Cream every Saturday.

Apparently they do. Because when you say "Pac 10 doormat" I consider that the bottom one or two - maybe three - teams in the league, not the ones in the middle. But whatever.

Also, our definitions of "comparing them to Nebraska" seems to differ. I only consider someone to have compared a team to Nebraska if they actually compare them to Nebraska.

Stanford is a great program. I think we should also realize the media will make them the flavor of the week with their win over Oregon. Stanford is tough.....watching Florida State, the media would be referencing the speed and maybe saying Nebraska needs to get more speed. The correct answer is likely both.....Nebraska needs to get tougher and faster. In other words better. I think the coaching staff has that same desire. We'll see what team the media makes the flavor of the week next week. This week it's probably Stanford.

NDNation was also awe-struck at the sight of running right at the Duck line and gashing the clock. Poor Baylor, no one noticed they won by even more out of the high flying spread.

Stanford is a great program. I think we should also realize the media will make them the flavor of the week with their win over Oregon. Stanford is tough.....watching Florida State, the media would be referencing the speed and maybe saying Nebraska needs to get more speed. The correct answer is likely both.....Nebraska needs to get tougher and faster. In other words better. I think the coaching staff has that same desire. We'll see what team the media makes the flavor of the week next week. This week it's probably Stanford.

NDNation was also awe-struck at the sight of running right at the Duck line and gashing the clock. Poor Baylor, no one noticed they won by even more out of the high flying spread.

i don't think Baylor will win out...they will stumble along the way...they are good, but not that good.

i don't think Baylor will win out...they will stumble along the way...they are good, but not that good.

Entirely possible but I wouldn't bet on it. Their remaining schedule:

Texas Tech - Lost their last two to OU and Okie St., the former to the team Baylor just destroyed the second one badly

Okie St. - One bad loss (WV) and the best win is the afore-mentioned TT

TCU - Currently 3-6

Texas - Better lately after a terrible start but it is at Baylor

They also get kids that have ridiculous GPA's and are not only football smart, but LIFE-SMART. They have all the factor of hard work, because without it, it gets you no where.

Nebraska needs to get back to pounding people right down their throats. That is the feeling the Oregon defense had Thursday night, "We know what you are running, but we can't stop it"

How demoralizing is that? Why not go get Derek Mason?