Is it just me or is Michigan State not THAT good...

I've seen a lot of stats thrown around, but I'm wondering if anybody can tell me the type of offense that Michigan State runs?

It's a pro style offense that has adopted a few minor spread tendencies this season. A lot of traditional sets, downhill running, and pocket passing but their new quarterback is a good bit more mobile than Cousins or Maxwell were.

A lot like Minnesota, if we were to compare them to something more familiar to what we've faced.

So similar to what they've run in the past with a few wrinkles added in? I was feeling pretty confident after getting through the first quarter of the Michigan/MSU game, not so much after you mentioned Minnesota. But don't worry guys, I won't be bringing my 4 year old daughter to any more games this year -- she's no longer allowed to attend.

I've seen a lot of stats thrown around, but I'm wondering if anybody can tell me the type of offense that Michigan State runs?

They power run until it doesn't work, then they throw an incomplete pass and hope you muff the punt.

Yeah pretty much game over for us then.

Well Notre Dame Joe, I watched QB Everett Golson perform the feat a year ago (knocking off Michigan and MSU on back to back weekends). I believe that Tommy Armstrong will copy Golson's feat tomorrow. Let's watch and see!

Yep after Lou left, we went undefeated vs the state of Michign twice, in 15 attempts. Do you have the option of putting in a benched former starter at qb?

Well Notre Dame Joe, I watched QB Everett Golson perform the feat a year ago (knocking off Michigan and MSU on back to back weekends). I believe that Tommy Armstrong will copy Golson's feat tomorrow. Let's watch and see!

Yep after Lou left, we went undefeated vs the state of Michign twice, in 15 attempts. Do you have the option of putting in a benched former starter at qb?

Absolutely we do. Taylor Barktinez get over here. And wash that green paint off your toes.

For me, this game is so hard to predict a score for.

Part of me wants to say its going to be a close fought game because of Michigan State's D, but that part only says that because of what the stats look like. They have not really faced a talented offense, who creates a threat. The most talented offense they faced this year, IMO, in Indiana, and they put 92 rushing and 259 in the air. Michigan also put over 200 in the air. MSU has yet to face a RB like Ameer, while having a QB who isn't scared to take off. Might not be the fastest, but he is efficient.

The other part of me says this offense is going to come out hungry and get things done. I REALLY hope to see us use Cethan Carter more, and actually have Armstrong give him something receivable. I don't know how many times I have seen this guy open and not even thrown to, and when he is thrown to, its completely over thrown. Like I said in my status earlier, as long as Beck doesn't get cute with play calling, and the defense does decent, we should win this. This is one game where I honestly can't even think of a score.

I love all the confidence Husker fans are putting into this thread. But the base of the pyramid is defense, and Sparty has that in spades. Their offense has proven they can score points in bunches against bad defenses. Against the best offense they've faced, healthy and with all their main guns firing, Sparty's D gave up 28 points - half of which came when the game was already a blowout.

Nebraska is bringing a very injured, inconsistent and turnover-prone offense into this game. Our O Line is a patchwork and without three starters. Two thirds of our starting WR corps is hobbled, if not out entirely. We have a fantastic running back, but he's got a banged-up line blocking for him against a very stout run D.

We start a QB making his sixth career start, whose TD/INT ratio is abysmal. Whose knee is three months off being scoped. His backup is a game QB with two bad knees, who has also been known to throw ill-advised passes. The QB who torched this defense for 200+ yards last year may never take another snap for this team again.

Our defense has played great football - for the last six quarters. The six quarters before that, they gave up 55 points and over 100 yards of offense per quarter. When Sparty has faced spotty defenses they have scored around 30 points a game. If the Blackshirts who faced Michigan show up, Sparty may score no more than 10-17 points.

But against that defense, with our offense, that may be more than enough.

I'll be shouting myself hoarse for four quarters this Saturday. But I don't think a victory will be easy, and I for certain don't expect a victory.

Give Sparty props. Offensive inconsistency aside, they have a stellar defense. And that scares the crap outta me.

I can't get it to play... must be some kind of copyright thing... but I hear Harrison Ford's voice from the Last Crusade when I read this.

http://www.hark.com/clips/rghbytwpxv-with-any-luck-hes-got-the-grail-already

I for one don't think they are the monster's everyone is making them out to be. I watched a couple of their games because out here in California you watch what they show unless you have game plan etc. Anyway I watched them against Eastern Michigan, South Florida, and Iowa, and if it was not for their defense they would not have scored enough points to win those games, yes the defense plays good but their Offense is horrible. They to me with the exception of the beat down on Michigan, they to me look very average. Also like other MSU teams they are world beaters at home, but on the road their success does not carry over thats my take, yes today will be a hard fought game, but i like our chances of getting it done today,