knapplc's deviation from topic tangent Minnesota tin-foil-hat nonsense thread

knapplc

That game was coaching ego at it's finest. Bo and crew NEVER EVER IN A MILLION YEARS thought we would lose that game, and when the death spiral started, not a one of them was smart enough to get us out of it. If anything, T-Magic will go down as the greatest Husker scapegoat of all time.

This. This is exactly what will happen.

I for one will celebrate T-Magic's career as a Husker as the foundation of a new era of greatness.

I just think they honestly thought Martinez was the best chance we had, what with everyone assuming (or deluding themselves) that he was healthy. The staff talked about Armstrong or Ron getting play time, but I'm thinking that was assuming we would crush Minny and pull Taylor in the 4th. When the domination never happened they desperately held onto him hoping he would turn it around and be amazing...which is also kinda indicative of how everyone felt about Taylor all the time.

What ever, mistakes were made with this kid, and hopefully the staff has learned from them. I am hoping we take care of Tommy or Stanton, or whoever, better than we did Taylor. By, better coaching, recruiting and game planning. This kid had some questionable interceptions, fumbles and the like, but he made a lot of us believe in the program again, gave us hope that things were getting better. Now it appears that Tommy is that guy. Let's not turn his story into the same one we threw on Taylor. These are kids, giving their all, breaking their bodies apart for us, truly unworthy recipients of what they do. Taylor was not the problem, coaching, planning and recruiting were the problems. He was just the one set in the middle of it.

• Fire 1

I can understand the staff's decision to put him in and also to keep him in. They thought he would be effective. He wasn't. But they had prepared to go in with Taylor, and the game was close. Why throw in a very untested QB who had just thrown 3 picks the week before because he was fazed by the new-look Purdue defense? It's not as if Taylor was melting down, either. Anyone would say the biggest and most apparent problem was the defense getting worked over. The offense never got back on track, but at least it didn't seem unreasonable to suspect it might. Until the game ended and it didn't.

The right thing to do would have been to ride Kellogg and Armstrong as the original plan. In retrospect.

How did they not realize how much the injury was bothering Taylor? I don't know. Taylor's soldiered through it all before. And for all of his injuries, Taylor still ripped off a long run. I don't think the passes we were calling were exceptionally difficult throws, either. We were completing a lot of short routes. They just weren't doing much damage. And as has been the trend, whether by playcall or by audible or by design, the offense was more haphazard and less setting-up-different things with TM in there than with the backups. Sometimes having some limitations is exactly the kind of boxing in a playcaller needs to be successful.

You want a tinfoil hat? Try this on for size. TMart'S dad is "the leaker". Bo is fed up with his behind the scenes shenanigans, and wants to get Martinez out of the program ASAP. TMarts Dad was using the recording to blackmail Bo. Bo played Martinez, who he knew would underperform due to his injury, to burn his eligibility, and justify him not playing the remainder of the year. BOOM, conspiracy theory completed.

Note* the thoughts and views expressed on this comment do not reflect those of myself, or anyone else who is not a raving lunatic.