what we learned MSU edition

hskerprid

1. Armstrong fumbled his way to a legit QB battle next Spring/Fall. Looking forward to it.

2. Beck has guards pulling in our own endzone.

3. Punt return team neither blocks, catches, or rushes the punter. Why not stand up ten guys with hands on their hips for those snaps? It'd be safer.

4. We've got two pretty bland matchups left in the regular season. I predict we split them.

NU coaches fail to put all 3 phases of the game together once again....

That's a load of crap. The coaches had a good gameplan today. 5 fumbles will do any team in. Those fumbles weren't on the coaches. We have a patchwork offense with a lot of injuries. Coaches had a very good plan for what they had to work with. This loss is not on the coaches.

• Fire 1

It was a fun game to watch until the end. Liked the fight we saw from the team. Both offense and defense flashed some good things. Ugly, ugly, ugly turnovers that really hurt us. Were we capable of the upset? Yes, but that's a good team over there and they capitalized.

Hard to be too bummed about it, given the health situation on our roster and the quality of the opponent.

As for the staff, not much changes. They don't look like world beaters, and I don't know if they'll show enough to emphatically keep their jobs. But we're turning over a young roster with nice potential and I like the fact that this team will never quit on their coaches.

Grats Sparty, knock 'em out rest of the way.

What I say today has pretty much did me in. I'm serious. I just can't continue to make the same old excuses that I myself have used up until today. Today axed it. I really think it's time for a change. Whether it be wholesale coordinators or the HC period. There's just a mental block going on here. I know. I know. Bo cant make tackles and hang on to the ball or whatever. But this happens time and time again. Simple football. The basics. Cant catch a pitch. WR hooks instead of cuts, qb sees it wrong, results in int. Dropping a punt. Calling a pulling play on our own goal line and the pulling G runs into the qb knocking the ball out of his hands. I can put anything on the Armstrong fumble at the end of the half. We did the safest thing possible there to get out of the half outside of taking a knee, and their defending reached in and stripped. But all other boneheaded mistakes in a big game just continue to happen. THERE IS NO SIGN IT WILL EVER BE FIXED. Literally giving games away against equal or better competition, and having to miraculously come back against much lesser competition becuase of said mistakes. it's a mental block. Michigan St in the talent department is no more ahead of Nebraska, but as a football team is about 2 td's better and that's how this game played out. They did the little things. Almost 6 years in, and we still cant put together a punt return team.

I know this team is young. I know theyre talented. I know they love Bo and I know he loves them. I know he's done it the right way and so on, and there isnt a single Nebraska fan in the world that doesnt want him to succeed, but I just dont think it's gonna happen. It's just a mistake riddin group week after week. I just dont think we can afford to ruin this talented young group with what is more and more being seen as pretty careless and ignorant coaching when it comes to all the little things that you HAVE to do to be a good team.

• Fire 5

WTF are you talking about? The only coach that I can even think of pointing a finger at is Tim Beck and his horrendous calls. To call out the whole coaching staff is completely laughable.

What's laughable is that you think everything doesn't run through Bo. The team is a reflection of their coaching staff. That's WTF I'm talking about.

Yeah because it is always Bo's fault when his team ours the ball on the ground.

Have you found me that kohls rug yet

Turnovers kill is the correct answer. BUT it is hard to win playing against 11+ guys on the field. The picked up intentional grounding call was the biggest missed call I've seen in a while. And a fake field goal us good IF your holder maintains possession of the ball until he's down

this. that was big texas conference ridiculous. there were a lot of poor calls today going both ways, but that would have been laughably pathetic if i wasn't a husker fan.

My List:

1) Ameer Abdullah is very good at football. Very very very good.

2) Randy Gregory is also very good at football.

3) I have no worries about the defense going forward. None. Next year is going to be a fun year.

4) I am ready to watch Johnny Stanton control a game with power running. Tommy likes to fumble.

5) Beck may be gone, and Paps is gonna leave on his own.

6) The referees were beyond awful. Beyond the line of scrimmage? lol okay. Fake fg? Oh, holder's knee was down. You can't toss the ball when your knee is down.

7) Bo Pelini deserves many more years as the Nebraska football coach. The empty seats are a concern. Coordinating needs improvements.

8) Michigan State's defense isn't good.

Am I missing anything?

WTF are you talking about? The only coach that I can even think of pointing a finger at is Tim Beck and his horrendous calls. To call out the whole coaching staff is completely laughable.

What's laughable is that you think everything doesn't run through Bo. The team is a reflection of their coaching staff. That's WTF I'm talking about.

Yeah because it is always Bo's fault when his team ours the ball on the ground.

Have you found me that kohls rug yet

The only rug I found was between your wife's legs.Bo coaches them. Bo points the thumb right?